shape
carat
color
clarity

detoxing cleanse before wedding..oops.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
so i know this is stupid, but i thought it couldn''t hurt...

i always read about those darn "colon cleansers" and detox diets, so i decided that i might as well try to get into tip top shape before the wedding...well, ive lost a few more lbs, but it has NOT been fun. i got a lemon/cayenne/maple drink that actually tastes really good- that hasn''t been so bad. its the stupid pills with acai berry or whatever...after two doses i am done- but it sure is "flushing" the system!

anyone have any suggestions how to keep the bloat down the week before the wedding? to make matter worse, AF is supposed to pay her visit this week, but i''m going to take my BCP a week early to prevent her from ruining the party! hope it works!

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
Stay away from salt and up your potassium intake. They also have over the counter water pills too. I would try and relax a little and just enjoy it. You will look beautiful regardless!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Please make sure you stay hydrated. All that weight you lost is water. The last thing I want is to come on here in the next couple weeks to find a thread about you going down during your vows....

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
The *best* thing to do to eliminate bloat is drink TONS of water, cut back on sodium, skip coffee/soda or caffeine in general (even though it''s a diuretic), and do lots of cardio... even walking... you don''t have to spend hours running on a treadmill or powering away on an elliptical machine.

If you won''t feel deprived, eat mostly whole grains (brown rice, texmati, etc), lots of steamed veggies, and lean protein. Skip the salt and opt for other spices.

The changes may not show up on a scale, but you''ll definitely feel more lean and less puffy.

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
Those diets are a hoax, and they aren't healthy. DOn't mess up your metabolism! If you've donre the final fitting, the dress fits you so there's no need to lose weight. Your going to be stressed this week, so why add to it? Eat normally, but make sure you're diet is balanced (good iron & potassium in particular), drink lots of water, ease up on caffeine, salt, and liquor, and get plenty of rest.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
yup- i learned my lesson! like i said, two doses and i was done. i was more looking for some natural ways to help since i''m scared i''ll be bloated from "feminine" reasons this week.

obviously i''m really dedicated too...i just ate a huge burger and some fries for lunch. little stress eating.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Charbie!

Drinks lots of water and watch your salt intake! Some light exercise would be a good idea too. Stay away from extra fiber if you''re not used to eating it.

A note on the birth control pills- are they monophasic (all pills the same strength, same color) or triphasic (each week strength changes and pill color changes).

If they''re monophasic, you may be able to get away with it, but you might have some spotting going on- just be prepared. If you''re going on your honeymoon immediately, you may have spotting then too.

If they''re triphasic, it may not work. That third week, the estrogen content is high, then if you drop down to the first week, it may be low enough of a dose to cause your period to start. If you do have triphasic pills, you have a better chance of skipping your period if you throw out the first 2 weeks of your new pack & take the 3rd week (so you have a continuous estrogen strength). Just a warning though- your period may be screwy for a while afterwards.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2009 6:35:26 PM
Author: Amanda.Rx
Hey Charbie!

Drinks lots of water and watch your salt intake! Some light exercise would be a good idea too. Stay away from extra fiber if you''re not used to eating it.

A note on the birth control pills- are they monophasic (all pills the same strength, same color) or triphasic (each week strength changes and pill color changes).

If they''re monophasic, you may be able to get away with it, but you might have some spotting going on- just be prepared. If you''re going on your honeymoon immediately, you may have spotting then too.

If they''re triphasic, it may not work. That third week, the estrogen content is high, then if you drop down to the first week, it may be low enough of a dose to cause your period to start. If you do have triphasic pills, you have a better chance of skipping your period if you throw out the first 2 weeks of your new pack & take the 3rd week (so you have a continuous estrogen strength). Just a warning though- your period may be screwy for a while afterwards.
thanks for the tip! im on trinessa- its a triphasic pill. last night i took the first pill of a new pack, but i can go right to the dark blue pills (the 3rd week) if need be. i''d be so bummed to be on my period over the wedding and honeymoon. spotting i can deal with. will the effectiveness be the same (aka, no honeymoon baby, right?)

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Hello again!

If you want to skip, I would go directly to the 3rd week. You need to maintain the same strength of pill to have the best chance to skip your period. You''ll have to waste the first 2 weeks of the pack for every week you want to skip and just keep taking the 3rd week. Just a reminder on insurance, too- if insurance is paying for your pills, they probably won''t cover the costs if you get a refill more than 7 days earlier than you are due for one (which you would have to do). You can pay out of pocket, though, and get the refill.

That''s how those extended-cycle birth controls work- where you go 3 months without a period- it''s just the same constant dose for 3 months with no placebo weeks.

As mentioned earlier though, you can expect some spotting to occur.

In theory, the efficacy should be the same. However, all birth control pills carry some risk of failure. As long as you don''t miss any pills you *should* be fine. Nothing is ever guaranteed, though.

After you do take a placebo week and let your period start, restart your pills from the beginning of the pack. You may want to use a back-up birth control method for that first week, just to be extra safe.

Good luck- let me know if it works for you!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
oh charbie, i''m having the same bloat issues, but my period is due right after the wedding and before our honeymoon, luckily i didn''t need to rearrange my usual bc pill schedule, it just happened to work out
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results