shape
carat
color
clarity

Destination Wedding- Florida? Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

N8-Star

Rough_Rock
Hey gang... well, thankfully the planning is out of my hands. Although, I''d like to lend a few ideas if you have any.

So far, we''ve set a date of Feb 29th, 2008 (Leap Day)... and we are looking to have a small destination wedding in Florida. Preferably Sarasota/Clear Water and south... I like the beach on the gulf side... The Keys are a possibility too...

Any ideas of some good resorts/hotels/locations in those areas?

Thanks!

-nate

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
I''m getting married in Seaside FL... its on the gulf.. but in the Panhandle... its absolutely gorgeous.. their planners are amazing.. and I think for a small DW .. it would be somewhat affordable.. you should definitely check it out...

www.seasidefl.com

Also, do a search for threads here on Seaside.. because I have posted some pictures!!

Hope that helps...

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
i''ve been to seaside... it''s way cool! it''s where they filmed the trueman show correct?

i''m getting hitched on captiva island / sanibel island.

it''s been really easy and there are a ton of vendors in nearby fort myers.

we rented a house on captiva and are having the reception around the pool at the house, but there are also some other affordable options at local hotels etc.

tween waters
south seas
sundial
casa ybel

if you decide on this area i can give you as much information as i''ve found..... i''m a bit of a research nut.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I had to look twice at the name of the original poster because the title of the thread could have been mine from last year! We started looking into having a DW in Florida last year, but I started to get really frustrated because there were just TOO many choices and I found things a bit pricey there. We tentatively decided on the FL Keys late last year, but the hotel that I really liked had to close due to a boiler problem and I didn''t want to take any chances. SO after all of that we decided on the US Virgin Islands. I am not sure that we are saving any money but the place sure is nice and I liked the fact that they have a pre-set package.

One thing about the Keys...from what I have learned, if you want a beach wedding keep in mind that they Keys are not known for their beaches. I''d recommend the Westin on Sunset Key. The wedding coordinator there is very, very nice and they have decently priced wedding packages and a fairly nice beach from what I could tell.

Jaders can give you great advice about Seaside, she has chosen an absolutely beautiful location!

N8-Star

Rough_Rock
excellent suggestions so far. We''ve been looking into the keys as well... Em is really starting to enjoy the research so far... this should be fun! right?

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes at the end of Feb - it is a little cool in areas north of Stuart to Naples.

If you want it to be warm, stay south of there.

On Feb 28th this year it was about 50 degrees, and everyone wearing jackets. A few days even hit the 40''s early in the day last week of Feb.

Of course it was a lot colder than that in the washington dc to boston area.

Rockdoc

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
The Keys aren''t really a good ''beach'' choice in my opinion. Sarasota is very nice - haven''t been there in a couple of years. For the Keys I''d probably recommend a cruise or something like that.

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
I''m getting married at the Doubletree Hilton Beach Resort - North Redington Beach located between Clearwater & St. Pete. They do cater to smaller parties and the price was right.

I found that some resorts only cater to large parties, so depending on how many people you have attending, this may narrow down your options. Also, some resorts have a starting price of $8K-$10K so that was also an issue for me.

N8-Star

Rough_Rock
We''ve found the location and just got back from a visit there last week.

Lover''s Key Resort in the Fort Meyer''s Beach area... it''s a beautiful hotel on a private island... thanks for helping point us in this direction everybody.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 3:57:37 PM
Author:N8-Star
Hey gang... well, thankfully the planning is out of my hands. Although, I''d like to lend a few ideas if you have any.

So far, we''ve set a date of Feb 29th, 2008 (Leap Day)... and we are looking to have a small destination wedding in Florida. Preferably Sarasota/Clear Water and south... I like the beach on the gulf side... The Keys are a possibility too...

Any ideas of some good resorts/hotels/locations in those areas?

Thanks!

-nate

Just a thought - when will you celebrate your wedding anniversary if you get married on Feb 29th?
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results