shape
carat
color
clarity

Destination wedding dress help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
We are getting married (really eloping-just the two of us) in Thailand in August. I am looking for a straight, sophisticated dress that isn''t too large or elaborate to travel with. I ordered 3 J Crew dresses, but returned them all. I then discovered Nicole Miller-a few are available in my area and I love the styles and they fit me very well. Unfortunately my favorite styles that I have seen online aren''t available anywhere near where I live. There are 2 that I am considering, but I would like some other options. What other brands should I consider? It seems like so many of the destination dresses are too beachy or are cheap looking.

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
Winnie Couture has a "destination wedding" line.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
You might want to take a look at Nordstrom''s wedding Nordstrom''s wedding shop. I know I''ve seen Nicole Miller dresses there before and the Tadashi dresses are very nice (and usually 100% silk). Saks Fifth Ave evening dresses (BCBG, Sue Wong, Carmen Marc Valvo all have lovely dresses in ivory or white).

I also had a difficult time finding a dress for my DW but eventually ended up with a Nicole Miller.

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 11:55:07 PM
Author:cakegirl
We are getting married (really eloping-just the two of us) in Thailand in August. I am looking for a straight, sophisticated dress that isn''t too large or elaborate to travel with. I ordered 3 J Crew dresses, but returned them all. I then discovered Nicole Miller-a few are available in my area and I love the styles and they fit me very well. Unfortunately my favorite styles that I have seen online aren''t available anywhere near where I live. There are 2 that I am considering, but I would like some other options. What other brands should I consider? It seems like so many of the destination dresses are too beachy or are cheap looking.
cakegirl - Try Jenny Yoo''s bridal alternatives http://www.jennyyoo.com/wedding_alternatives.html

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2009 11:11:23 AM
Author: winelover23

We are getting married (really eloping-just the two of us) in Thailand in August. I am looking for a straight, sophisticated dress that isn't too large or elaborate to travel with. I ordered 3 J Crew dresses, but returned them all. I then discovered Nicole Miller-a few are available in my area and I love the styles and they fit me very well. Unfortunately my favorite styles that I have seen online aren't available anywhere near where I live. There are 2 that I am considering, but I would like some other options. What other brands should I consider? It seems like so many of the destination dresses are too beachy or are cheap looking.
cakegirl - Try Jenny Yoo's bridal alternatives http://www.jennyyoo.com/wedding_alternatives.html
2.gif
... defintiely my vote! They are simple and made with incredible fabric!

I used to manage a signature Winnie Couture salon. The dresses are made very cheaply. They look gorgeous, but you will lose about half the beads that are on it, and it will need to be steamed everytime you wear it.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
A thritto for Jenny Yoo! I loved them and was thinking about going to go with one before finding a dress at the Running of the Brides that I transformed into a destination dress (with the help of a wonderful seamstress).

I also recommend checking out Thread Bridal, Coren Moore, Siri, Amy Kuschel, and bridesmaids dresses that come in ivory.

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2009 11:31:31 AM
Author: meresal

Date: 12/16/2009 11:11:23 AM
Author: winelover23

cakegirl - Try Jenny Yoo''s bridal alternatives http://www.jennyyoo.com/wedding_alternatives.html
2.gif
... defintiely my vote! They are simple and made with incredible fabric!

I used to manage a signature Winnie Couture salon. The dresses are made very cheaply. They look gorgeous, but you will lose about half the beads that are on it, and it will need to be steamed everytime you wear it.
Threadjack:

Meresal - The price of the Kayla went up to $825! Oh well I''m still going to try it on! Also they added a couple of new ones. I''m loving the Mackenzie but wish it was a little more a-line. http://www.jennyyoo.com/wedding_alternatives12.html

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
My friend ordered this Bridesmaid dress in ivory for her destination wedding...it is really beautiful, flattering, and flowy...and inexpensive! I think around $250??

Jasmine Bridal Belsoie L2006

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I would check pre owned too.

ilikesparkles

Rough_Rock
I can''t really offer much help considering I am still searching for ''the dress''. What was wrong with the jcrew gowns you ordered? I want to try some of their dresses on soon, and I was hopeful something might work...

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
The 3 J Crew dresses I tried were the silk tricotine and I didn''t like the fabric-I thought it looked MUCH better in pictures than IRL.

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
The Nicole Miller dresses I like are located at 3 different bridal shops in 3 different states! I really thought getting a dress for eloping would be easier. I am also looking at a few Amy Kuschel dresses. I am trying to plan this out with minimal travel and I need help!
So girls, what do you think of these? What is your favorite?
[Link removed by Moderator] All photos must be uploaded directly to the forums.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock

freudianflip

Rough_Rock
cakegirl- I am also having a destination wedding, and I'm wearing a Nicole Miller gown that I LOVE! You can't go wrong with NM dresses, they're lovely and well-made. However, my first dress was the BGBC gown linked above in cleokizzy's post "long dress #2". It's beautiful, silk and flowy, though it wasn't "the one" for me. I'm selling it, if you or anyone else is interested let me know. It's a street size 4, new with tags, never worn. I'm willing to part with it for far less than retail. Here's a photo of me wearing it, so you can see what it looks like on a non-model!

IMG_3734-2.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results