shape
carat
color
clarity

Destination wedding center pieces

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I need ideas for centerpieces. This is for a morning, beach side brunch reception. The venue provides a mirrored tile, hurricane vase, and candle, but we don't have to use any of it. My idea was to take that set up and just put some flower petals around it, on the mirror, to add some color (possibly strange to have a candle in the morning?). The key is it can't be anything elaborate that requires clean up on our part, since we will all be boarding a shuttle to catch a cruise. I also don't want to do traditional flower centerpieces, since they are pricey and we won't even get to take them with us. My mom wants to do goldfish in the case (same problem, we'd have to do something with them after the reception).

Any ideas? The wedding and reception are fairly casual, so something fun and unique would be great.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
What about something like this?

image.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
amc, before you do anything that involves filling the hurricanes with water (or anything, for that matter), I would check and see if they're closed-bottomed like the ones SB posted, or if they're just hurricane shades like these. If it's the former, I love the look of submerged orchids or calla lilies, maybe with a floating candle? If it's the latter, I would pass on trying to put anything *inside* the shade and just go with your idea of scattering flower petals around the mirror.

(Oh, and I don't see anything wrong with candles in the daytime...while they won't cast off the same romantic glow they do in the evening, the look of burning candles is still very pleasing!)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1299676918|2868078 said:
amc, before you do anything that involves filling the hurricanes with water (or anything, for that matter), I would check and see if they're closed-bottomed like the ones SB posted, or if they're just hurricane shades like these. If it's the former, I love the look of submerged orchids or calla lilies, maybe with a floating candle? If it's the latter, I would pass on trying to put anything *inside* the shade and just go with your idea of scattering flower petals around the mirror.

(Oh, and I don't see anything wrong with candles in the daytime...while they won't cast off the same romantic glow they do in the evening, the look of burning candles is still very pleasing!)

Yes, for sure. If I did the submerged flowers I would just buy cylinder vases (found a site where I can buy 12 10" vases for $45). I think that's the direction I'm going to go. Now the problem is finding a cool fake flower that comes in blue. Or maybe I could do blue glass rock thingies in the bottom of the vase and use white flowers...hmm...

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
sillyberry|1299628495|2867743 said:
What about something like this?

That's really pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results