shape
carat
color
clarity

Desperately seeking Emerald-cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

New Romantic

Rough_Rock
I am a private purchaser living in London, searching for a very good cut emerald-cut diamond, colour D to F, clarity VVS2 or better.

I have ruled out highstreet jewellers and have visited several stores in Hatton Garden, which unfortunately seem to typically be no better than highstreet stores in terms of what they offer.

Like many others I have the magical 1 carat in mind, but having done some homework appreciate that a 0.90 carat stone will probably be better value for money, so my search is 0.90 to 1.1 carat.

I have started calling and emailing diamond ''wholesalers'' but this is taking considerable time and effort to contact them and then sort the wheat from the chaff.

I have been offered a 1.03 carat GIA certificated F, VVS1 Emerald cut stone
Measurements 7.35*4.91*3.14
No Fluorescence, Culet None, Polish Very Good, Symmetry Good. Table 67%. Depth 64% Girdle medium to slightly thick (no percentages supplied)

I have no stats on crown angle or height I''m afraid (GIA don''t appear to supply this in their std certs).

The price I have been offered is £4,000 (sterling) inclusive of VAT.

Is this stone at this price good, bad or indifferent?

How can I find my ideal stone without going to eh ends of the earth?

jetcaptain

Rough_Rock
For you Yanks out there, this price converts to about $6,550 according to the Yahoo foreign currency converter.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results