shape
carat
color
clarity

Desperately seeking DIY invitation help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glueck

Shiny_Rock
I have been at this for 6 hours and I hate everything I have done.

I bought these from Michaels last summer before I started doing any wedding research. I was in the USA and it was my only chance!

After all the research I''ve done, they just look cheap, and I am stuck with them, so I need some serious help. Something to make this less than drab.

Design gurus, PLEASE HELP ME!

Looking for this wording

Together with their families

Ms.Glueck and Mr. Gluck

invite you to share in our
wedding ceremony and celebration
on Saturday the eleventh of July
Two thousand and nine
at four o’clock in the afternoon

Jesuitenkirche
Heidelberg, Germany

Reception to follow

n1480796660_189863_2030.jpg

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
What's wrong with them? I think they're pretty, and the wording sounds fine. What color ink are you going to use?

Maybe you can get some crystals to dress them up a little? I bought STD's from Brides at Michael's, and found the website they suggest to be very helpful for laying out the text. I also bought some sheer brown organza ribbon, and some striped dark wine colored ribbon that is both sheer and satin (thinner than the organza though) to dress them up a little. I want to test one out tonight, but I'm not sure how to put the ribbon on. Should I glue on premade bows, or do two hole punches and tie them that way?

honey22

Ideal_Rock
The invites honestly look fine. Don''t get too stressed about it, when it comes to the end of the day, people have them on their fridge for a few weeks then toss them later.

Once they are printed etc, they will look beautiful.

glueck

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the support.... I think I finally figured it out. They looked bad because I was using black ink. I switched to dark green and it made all the difference in the world! Now I need to sass it up with a little bit of pink. That will be today''s project. A little sass goes a long way.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
i cant wait to see the finished product!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
As a bride who has just started looking into diy options for invites, I have to say I expected to see some horrible disaster...but these are pretty! They don''t look DIY at all...the envelope is lined, there''s a little satin ribbon...once you get the printing sorted you should feel no shame in sending these out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results