shape
carat
color
clarity

desperate for advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gedean

Shiny_Rock

Hi guys,

I went shopping last weekend with my bridesmaids and found a dress that they really liked. However, it doesnt come in the burgundy color that I planned the whole wedding around (burgundy). It does however come in a beautiful deep purple that they like a lot.

I want them to be happy with their dress so I''m trying to see if I can work the purple in with the burgundy color scheme. I made a color palette of what the ceremony might look like. What do you think?

Do you think the purple dress works with the burgundy orchids? Do you think their bouquet works with the new purple color? Do you think it''s okay that the reception is only burgundy and has no purple in it? Will it all be cohesive? What do I do to make it work?

I need some advice. I''m going out of my mind trying to make everyone happy.

Michelle

my colors.JPG

gedean

Shiny_Rock
here''s what the low centerpieces at the reception will look like. is it all going to work?

0726082245.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that it will look fine together. It''s really nice that you want them to be in a dress that they''re happy in.

gedean

Shiny_Rock
oppsss... wrong photo.

Here is the real centerpiece that we will be using

low centerpiece.jpg

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
I think if you would incorporate some purple in the arrangements it would be fabulous...otherwise i think you are definately OK. I don''t think your reception has to be perfectly matchy matchy at all! I think it would look nice!

teapot

Shiny_Rock
Your wedding does not have to matchy-matchy at all. If you can incorporate purple into the ribbon of the bouquets and purple in the centerpieces that would tie in your colors, but if you didn''t, nobody would notice. I think either way it will look amazing. Also, kudos for making and effort to make your girls happy.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I LOVE those centerpieces!

I think it will all come together nicely! Like another poster said, it doesn''t have to match perfectly for the wedding to look awesome!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think purple and burgundy look great together - especially those shades. It would be tough if the purple had more of a blue cast, but this one is a pretty warm purple. I think it'll look beautiful!

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Actually, I think I like your color scheme more with the purple added. I love that shade of purple and burgundy together. But I agree with the post above, you might want to add purple flowers or purple accents somewhere at the reception.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
The addition of purple is beautiful and will definitely work. If you''re worried throw some purple flowers or ribbons in to your decor, but it certainly won''t be necessary.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I think the purple and burgundy will look great together. Snippet & Ink has a pomegranate & plum board: Inspiration board. It''s not as purple & red heavy but it''s something that can work. The colors show up together in nature all the time, so don''t worry about it.

I''m looking for plum colored BM dresses, where did you find these?

Thanks,
Lisa

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
I think it will look beautiful! They are deep tones that will work great together! I think it''s an awesome choice and you should pick those pretty purple dresses!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
gedean what a cute dress! I think the purple and burgundy coordinate fine. I agree with the idea of incorporating it a scattering of purple flowers into the centerpieces.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think you've got anything to worry about. The shades of purple and burgundy you've chosen will look fabulous together!

P.S. Love your centerpieces
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think it will look gorgeous - very rich and beautiful together - I love burgundy and purple and other jewel tones and I think those will be stunning
1.gif

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I think everything looks great together! I also wanted to say that your bouquet picture, the one with the whites and anemones, is what I brought my florist for my bridesmaid dresses! I LOVE IT!
30.gif
30.gif
I think everything will go great and your florist will be able to help you bring it all together.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Wow what gorgeous colors! I think they look great together - they definitely compliment each other!

It''s nice that you''re making sure they''re comfortable, just don''t get stressed out trying to make everybody happy. Relax, but make sure you''re happy with everything first off.

I would try to maybe incorporate a little purple in the centerpieces - not much, just a touch.
1.gif
For cohesion.

gedean

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your advice. I suppose I was worried because purple kind of came out of left field for me and I never really every imagined using purple in my wedding. I guess I was worried that purple might make the wedding more traditional when I really want a modern look. But the more I look at it, the more I like the combo. It gives things more of a fresh pop especially since the wedding will be in Septmeber. I''m also considering incorporating a light purple hue through the lighting for the reception...hopefully that will take care of the color issue for the reception.

Thank you guys so much for calming my worries down. I hope everything turns out beautifully. It''s hard to imagine how all of the details will come together.

By the way, are any of you as worried as I am that all the details will come together funny? Everything separately looks great by itself but together, I wont know until the day of. And by then, if it looks booboo, it''s kind of too late.
40.gif

And...

Lliang Chi- Thank you for the thread on the plum and pomegrante. I like the look. And as for the plum colored dress, we actually found it at David''s Bridal. They have several dresses that surprised me...not bad, not bad at all.

Blair138- I love the bouquet too. It took me a long time to find something that I liked so I''m really trying to make it work with the dress since I picked it out first.

Again, thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results