shape
carat
color
clarity

Desparately Seeking Princing on a round brillant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvrocs

Rough_Rock
I have been looking for a round diamond though independent dealers (they sell to wholesellers). A friend of a friend sent me to this person. The last stone I looked at was very nice. I was seriously considering this stone. Please tell me what you think of the cut and the price.
Cut: round brillant
Measurements: 8.37-8.44x5.15mm
Weight: 2.19
Depth: 61.3%
Table: 60%
Girdle: Thin to STK,FAC
C: None
Polish: Good
Sym: VG
C: VS2
F: None
PRICE $15,330 ($7000 per crt)

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,Does this diamond come with an independent diamond grading report, preferably from GIA or AGS? This is the only way you can be sure that you are getting what the dealer says you are getting. If it does not have a certificate, you can ask the dealer to send it to GIA or AGS for you. If it comes back as stated, tell him you will pay for the cert. at his cost. You should also ask for a Sarin report so you will know more of the diamond's proportions. When you get the Sarin report, you can run the crown and pavilion angles on pricescope's Holloway Cut Adviser to see how this diamond rates.If you love it that's great. If you read the tutorial here, you will find information on the fallacy of the 60:60 cut diamonds. While some may love them, you will most likely see more dispersion (colors) from a more ideal cut diamond. You should see a variety of cuts before you make up your mind as to what you or your wife/fiancee will wear forever.You will want to make sure that the dealer offers you a fair return policy while you take or send the stone to be evaluated by an independent appraiser (preferably someone who does not sell diamonds as they may try to sell you one of their own). Some dealers will even agree to send a stone to an appraiser before you buy it.You can consult with Dave Atlas, www.gemappraisers.com (oldminer is his user name on this forum-I see during my editing here that he just posted to you!
smile.gif
) or Bill Lieberum, www.consumersgemlab.com (rockdoc here). The appraiser will make sure the diamond matches the diamond grading report/grade it on his own (try one of the guys I just listed-they're excellent), check it's structural integrity, and evaluate its beauty using various pieces of equipment and years of experience. You will need a proper appraisal for insurance purposes anyway.I hope this has been helpful. Check out the tutorial here and after you get a Sarin on the stone, run it on the cut adviser. Then you will have more information on which to base this big decision.Good luck,lawmax
smile.gif

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
HiI posted to you again on the other thread you started.lawmax

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oops! You did not give us the color...Without that important part, we can't tell you a whole lot more...------------------
David Atlas
Accredited Gem Appraisers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results