shape
carat
color
clarity

Designer or custom for this setting?

SophiaDevereaux

Rough_Rock
Hi all!

You guys were super helpful with connecting me with IDJ to start my search for the perfect center diamond. I have an appointment with Yekutiel scheduled next week, yay! So I'm back with some more questions for the experts out there :dance:

After thinking about ways to find the best deal on the center diamond, I started to wonder if the setting I picked, (Henri Daussi AMDM), could be made for a cheaper price by going custom? I don't really feel like I'll find anything I love better than that one pre-made (I've been looking for months) so could going custom save me some $$. Our total budget is all in $5500 and the setting runs $3100 14k/$3300 18k, so it is eating up a big chunk of the budget. Since I'll be down in the diamond district meeting with IDJ about diamonds, are there any other jewelers down there ya'll would recommend based on their custom work?

Thank you all!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Based on your budget, IDJ is the best fit vendor because they are known to get you the best bang for the buck for your budget.

Q

Queenie60

I agree with PB - work with IDJ on the stone and the setting - Yekutiel can get you the best bang for your buck. I've worked with him on a few pieces and he does a great job of finding what you're looking for. Good luck to you. :wavey:

SophiaDevereaux

Rough_Rock
Thank you all! I will do just that.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only person I can think of that may be able to make it for less and still do a good job is David Klass. If you can't find anything at ID Jewelry you might give him a call. He is very busy. He is on Facebook at David Klass Jewelry.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
IDJ has a lot of different benches they work with. Halos, even CAD halos, typically will cost in the 3k range if they are made of a quality that will last as an engagement ring.

So even if you went custom, I'm not sure it would save you any money.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results