shape
carat
color
clarity

Designer Jeans in PETITE!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I went to Bloomie's private sale today and saw designer jeans in petite! Is this a recent phenomenon??? Or have I been out of the jeans market for too long? All these years of hemming (huge pet-peeve of mine), and finally jeans that I can wear out of the box
9.gif
Anyways, I bought a pair of Paige, don't know which style, and don't care either cos it FITS!!! Also saw a couple pairs of Joe's and Sevens but not a huge selection unfortunately. Just thought you other "shorter" gals might like to know
5.gif
Now I feel like "re-buying" all the different washes I own.
41.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Carebear, yes I think providing MORE lines in petite sizes is a *recent* phenomenon. And I for one am happy to see it! Back in the day I saw some petite stuff, but mostly suits and conservative clothes. Nothing anything funky or trendy. However now there are a lot more choices not only in the petite areana but also in the "Women''s" or "Plus Size" categories. I have always loved 7 For All Mankind, and other denim lines but they never seemed to have petite sizes. However now I kind find almost anything in a petite size. Also I have noticed the Banana Republic and The Gap are starting to cater to us shorter gals.

It seems you are like me....when i find a good pair of jeans I like to buy in bulk!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tried a few pairs of the petite Joe''s on just a few days back. . .I''m 5'' 4" and they were too short on me when I had 1 1/2" heeled shoes on
7.gif
I was really bummed out since the whole hemming thing is a PITB. They were actually a great length for summer time when I wear flip flops!

How tall are you, CareBear? Maybe I''ll try and track down the petite Paiges if they''re a bit longer than the Joes.

Oh, on a side note, I usually get my jeans at Nordstrom, but I just discovered yesterday that Macy''s will hem the jeans w/orginal hems for free, unlike Nordies which charges $20 for original. Good deal!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Onedrop, the petite sevens I saw were the standard wash. The dark with faded front ones.

MC, I'm 5'2 and I can wear the paige jeans with 2.5-3 inch heels. Hope they fit!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
I buy my jeans at Nordstrom''s and they will alter them for free. I bring them back with the reciept after I''ve washed them to have them altered.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
It''s nice to see even more jeans in petite! I am 4''11" and I just spent two hours at the mall trying to find a pair of jeans that were short enough to fit
me.... I had no luck. But maybe there is still hope!

*M*

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Carebear thanks for the tip! I''ll definitely check them out.

I love that about Nordstrom....great customer service! I''ll have to keep that in mind when I see things I like and the only issue is the length of the jeans or skirt or whatever.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m 5''3" too and the petite are always too short for me if i''m wearing heels or boots, so i''m still stuck with reg. and paying for the *original hem*
14.gif

i think petites have been around for a while, i remember seeing them for some time..

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Same problem as Mrssalvo at 5'' 3 1/2" here. Wish petite would work, since I have to have a lot cut off the bottom of the regular jeans.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2007 10:24:55 AM
Author: mrssalvo
I''m 5''3'' too and the petite are always too short for me if i''m wearing heels or boots, so i''m still stuck with reg. and paying for the *original hem*
14.gif

i think petites have been around for a while, i remember seeing them for some time..
You might want to try the paige petite lagoon laurel canyon jean. I''m 5''3 and they had just the right inseam for a 2.5 in heel and looked fantastic!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2007 9:46:52 PM
Author: marvel
I buy my jeans at Nordstrom's and they will alter them for free. I bring them back with the reciept after I've washed them to have them altered.
Nordstrom alters them for free as long as you don't want the original hem. . .Macy's will finish the jeans w/the original without charge.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results