shape
carat
color
clarity

Depth vs. Table - Cushion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bcompare

Rough_Rock
I am wondering if anyone has any advice for me - I am looking to buy a cushion cut diamond, roughly 1.7 carats. I looked at one earlier that I liked, H color, VS2, 1.7 carats. My only probelm is the depth - it is 69.8%, which seems a bit deep for me (the table is 60%). The price is good ($8,800), but it seems to me I could get more surface if it was not so deep, thereby increasing "size" (I simply mean by looking at it from the top).

Does a less deep cushion exist? Are they much harder to come by? What is the ideal proprtions?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks for listening.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is no real standard for a cushion cut, is it an older style cushion or a more modern?

That is a pretty deep cushion..you probably are losing part of the diameter in the depth...what are the diameter dimensions, do you have them? Chances are you will be paying for a heavier carat weight on a 1.7c that looks more like a 1.6c or similar.

Old Miner may be able to help, he's the expert on this stuff!
1.gif

If you are looking for more cushion possibilities, check out www.diamondwholesale.cc ...they are a division of WhiteFlash which is very reputable, and they have a good selection of older cut stones such as Old Mine and Cushion, etc. Good pricing as well. View some of the stones on there and maybe you will find something more desirable.

The price you were quoted for this 1.7c stone is quite good though. Could mean the cut is less than desirable.

Good luck!

bcompare

Rough_Rock
Yes, the diamond is a newer cut stone. The measurements read as 7.58 * 6.81 * 4.75.

As you said, I fear that I am paying for a heavier stone. I realize the price is good, but of course I want some thing that looks as "big" as it can.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Cushions have often high crowns too... Is it GIA graded?? If so maybe it says 'crown angles are greater than XX degrees'. But often cushions have thick girdles... What about this one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results