shape
carat
color
clarity

depth/table issue

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
My Diamond has a depth of 64.4 and a table of 66%.....I was told under another forum that is is bad and "rarely works"....now i am upset- were we ripped off? the diamond is G color, and vs1 clarity...it''s a very nice looking asscher. does anyone else have a diamond w/this sort of table/depth. Peace of mind???

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Well, I don't know much about asschers, so I won't specifically answer that, but....

I will tell you that I too have a diamond that when looking at the stats on paper would probably make most PS members around here cringe!
32.gif
But I LOVE my diamond! I was trying on a Hearts on Fire band just for fun several weeks ago, and the jeweler started complementing me on my e-ring, saying how he just loved my HOF stone and wasn't I so happy with it....Err, it put a big smile on my face to say, "No, actually it's not a HOF stone, but I do love it!"

But what I am trying to get at is that just because a stone doesn't have the "ideal" numbers on paper, it is still possible that the stone will be a stunner. All it takes are the right angles and voila!! Beautiful diamond with less than ideal specs!!
36.gif

If you are so worried, how about finding an independent appraiser who would be able to tell you exactly where you stand with the stone.

Or, have you ever seen ideal asschers?? You could hunt one down just to compare with your diamond, and if it still looks fantastic to you, then no problem at all and you can stop worrying!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not an expert on asschers but I've read that a certain depth is needed for asschers to get that "Asscher" (miles deep mesmerizing look).

Asschman

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/21/2005 7:18:27 PM
Author:JessesGrl
My Diamond has a depth of 64.4 and a table of 66%.....I was told under another forum that is is bad and 'rarely works'....now i am upset- were we ripped off? the diamond is G color, and vs1 clarity...it's a very nice looking asscher. does anyone else have a diamond w/this sort of table/depth. Peace of mind???
I'm not really sure why you wouldn't post this in the Rocky Talk section, where you might get more hits, but determining whether or not you got "ripped off" is really subjective. If you like the stone, and got a decent price for it, then that is all that matters.

Yes, generally speaking asschers have larger depths than tables, but I don't see why it should matter if you found this one pleasing to your eye. Have you posted any photos of it? The color and clarity are both good. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Asschman

Edited to add: I have attached a magnified photo of my (well my fiancee's) asscher stone as an example. It has a depth of roughly 70 and table of 60.

Asschman

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the multiple posts.

Asscher 40x.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results