shape
carat
color
clarity

Depressing :( But still need info!

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
Hey Ladies,
It's been a while since I've posted. Unfortunately, my fiancee and I decided to call off our wedding. It's been a rough few months, but I'm getting to the point where I'm trying to clean up the pieces that have been left behind. I just had a question as to what to do with his wedding band. I've had it for a few months and it's hard to look at it all the time. I would like to sell it, but I'm not sure where. You ladies are so knowledgable and I didn't know who else to ask. Thank you so much for your time, and I'm sorry if I'm not allowed to post this or if I posted in the wrong spot. Thanks again!

-Kirby

amc80

Ideal_Rock
If you have the receipt and other documentation, I would sell it on ebay.

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
Ok, I will try that. I put it on craigslist, as well, but all I've received is a bunch or scammers and spam. Frustrating! I'll give ebay a shot. Thank you!!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I am pretty useless, but just want to offer hugs to you Kirby. Hope you're taking care of yourself.

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Ladies! I will contact Pearlman's. It's a Scott Kay band, so I definitely paid for the brand, so selling it as scrap doesn't make much sense to me, and those are just about all the offers I've gotten.

Sillyberry, that was so sweet of you. I appreciate your concern. It's been a rough few months, but I'm dealing with it. Thank you so much.

ac719

Shiny_Rock
I would suggest you try ebay as well but the other ladies have offered great advice. Im so sorry to hear that you called off the wedding but im glad you realize it now rather than later! Keep your head up , stay strong and know we are always here for ya! *hugs*

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
ac719, thanks a bunch! My ex and I feel the same way. I'm so glad we recognized it sooner than later. I worked at an attorney's office for a few years and divorce is a messy deal; especially if we had gone ahead with it and kids were involved. I appreciate all the support from you ladies! It's hard to find sometimes. It really means alot!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Have you tried returning it for store credit? Since it is a designer brand and it is still a current product, it should be possible. Stores are usually accommodating to people in your situation. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
I haven't tried that! I definitely will. Thank you very much :)

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
They don't offer store credit. I'm stuck with this bad boy until I find someone who might want it. The search continues...

Dr.Bride1985

Rough_Rock
What does the ring look like? Do you have a picture or link?

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
This is what it looks like, so it is a current style. I only bought it about 7 months ago. It hasn't been worn at all, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Strange that they won't give me store credit, but I guess policy is policy.

044.JPG

049.JPG

inflorescence

Shiny_Rock
KirbyCarolina|1301340247|2881994 said:
I guess policy is policy.

I am very sorry to hear about your situation... but I have an idea!!!

You know it wouldn't hurt contacting higher management about this... instead of just taking no as an answer from the floor staff. I know it's not the same but I bought hundreds of dollars worth of clothing and jewelery from a store who had a no refund policy on it's jewelry... There was a $50 bracelet I wanted to return that was not worn and still in it's original packaging. I went to the store and the manager gave me a "we don't do refunds" "we have no button for that"... I decided to call head office as I have spent thousands of dollars at the store, and shortly after I was able to return my purchase for a full refund. :D The same lady was able to find that "button" that was unavailable earlier. The people on the store front tend to follow store policy... as my mom says:

"don't take NO from someone who doesn't have the power to say YES".....

You can always find the YES...

Call head office, explain your circumstance and stress that you would be OK with a store credit if a full credit is not possible because you want them to have your business in the future!!! Throw something in there about how you intend to inform all your friends that have just got engaged about their great customer service and support (they want not only your business but a good reputation for themselves)

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much! That's a great suggestion! I will call and see what they can do!

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Oh Kirby,

I was there girlfriend!!! It sucks. I had a custom piece made for him (b/c he HAD to have a special ring) and needless to say, not refundable or exchangable. I tried the ebay route, no dough, I also tried craigslist. Also a no go. It was a $2200 band w/ asscher cut diamonds, I tried to sell it for scrap, got offered 200 bucks!!! I would get more by throwing it in Lake Michigan! Needless to say, I didn't sell it. I haven't figured out what I will do w/ it yet, but I don't have to. I will say that when I hid it away and stopped looking it (I'm not even sure where it is now, lol), it got a little better.

I'm 10 months out now (not to make to feel like you've got a long road b/c time flies) but trust me, the emotions pass. You'll get better. I'm sorry it happened to you. I understand the need to tie up loose ends (I still can't look at my gown and my mom can't bear to part with it), but if you CAN'T sell it, don't feel bad. You don't HAVE to worry about this right now and the economy stinks!

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
It totally sucks!

I stuck it in a drawer, but I still know it's there. I'm trying not to worry about it for now and hopefully something will work out. It's nice to know that someone else has gone through this and come out in one piece! I know it happens alot, and I'm glad we didn't decide to go on with the marriage and decide we weren't right for eachother after the fact. Still stings, though.

Everyone on Pricescope has been so kind and supportive. It's been so helpful during this rough time. So, thanks ladies! You're the best!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
beadchick|1301535855|2883914 said:
Oh Kirby,

I was there girlfriend!!! It sucks. I had a custom piece made for him (b/c he HAD to have a special ring) and needless to say, not refundable or exchangable. I tried the ebay route, no dough, I also tried craigslist. Also a no go. It was a $2200 band w/ asscher cut diamonds, I tried to sell it for scrap, got offered 200 bucks!!!

I would use the metal and diamonds to make something for myself...maybe a cool pendant or RHR or something.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
what did Pearlman's say? you could also try Jewels by Erica Grace, they sell pieces on consignment.

also **HUGS**

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
You are all such a wonderful source for information, thanks! I did put it on idonowidont.com, I've gotten a few inquiries, but no offers. So, we'll see. I just emailed Pearlman's and JBEG. Thank you so much for letting me know about that! Hope you ladies are having a wonderful evening. I had to talk to the ex today about our house, well his house now, so instead of going for a run, I went to Dairy Queen and got a blizzard! Hahha! Now, I'm catching up on my Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice episodes!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
KirbyCarolina|1301624695|2884798 said:
You are all such a wonderful source for information, thanks! I did put it on idonowidont.com, I've gotten a few inquiries, but no offers. So, we'll see. I just emailed Pearlman's and JBEG. Thank you so much for letting me know about that! Hope you ladies are having a wonderful evening. I had to talk to the ex today about our house, well his house now, so instead of going for a run, I went to Dairy Queen and got a blizzard! Hahha! Now, I'm catching up on my Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice episodes!

Sometimes you just NEED that yummy treat for yourself.

(if you haven't tried it, Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra is AMAZING -- one side caramel icecream, the other a rich chocolate icecream with chocolate chunks, and in the middle is this yummy-goooey caramel )

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
Mmmmm...Karamel Sutra is so good! I think I've eaten every Ben and Jerry's flavor! Probably not something to be proud of, but oh well! Life is short...eat ice cream! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results