shape
carat
color
clarity

Deposition tomorrow

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
So I'll be deposed tomorrow as part of my ongoing custody litigation against my ex, who revealed himself in his filings to be a white supremacist and misogynist.

Yes. Way.

It should be a slam-dunk because I'm sane (certified by court evaluations) and his lawyer is not. After all, she's the one using the word "Aryan" in motions to describe what I am not. No, I didn't magically turn into a woman of color the day I filed for divorce. And, no amount of platinum hair dye will make her, a woman of color as well, Nordic. I can't believe I have to pay good money that could be spent on bling to litigate against this piece of work.

I hired real lawyers, and they're good. Damn good. The ex lunged at of them during his deposition. Surprise - he tried to jump the black man.

Please send me positive, bright, sunny vibes. And, please post amazing stones to make me smile as I stress!!!!!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I am sending you awesome powerful vibes.
Keep your cool, say a little a you can, let him hang himself!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lioness, you are aptly named!
dotting your "i's" and crossing your "t's" all the way.
you'll do well!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Sending you lots of survivor vibes!! If anyone can survive the wild world of divorce, it is definitely a lioness.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I'm sending you lots of light and love and STRENGTH lioness!
Hopefully the judge will see right through his case, and put you in the driver's seat!
Can and does happen!
My friend recently was dragged to court by an terribly intimidating bully of an ex - and he lost!!
She is so much happier and more confident about life now.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sending you every possible vibe for the very best outcome. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this, but you are fighting the good fight, your kids are so worth it. And, in case you are needing it ((((((hugs))))))

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
DUST DUST DUST, Lioness!!! Just let him do the talking - stay quiet and calm and let him dig a hole all by himself....

Hang in there, stay strong and you will come out a winner in this!!!!! Good luck!! :wavey:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending positive, bright, sunny vibes right to your door!

Best of luck lioness you got this!

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone!!!! I'm off to toss and turn in bed for a few hours. Sleep? Highly unlikely....

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Sending lots of positive vibes and dust your way!!!!

(((Hugs)))

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Lioness, GOOD GIRL!!!! You got yourself good lawyers! I know so many women going through divorces with lawyers who basically phone it in & then put out their hands for the money, leaving the clients with such crummy deals that their lives are painful. While hubby marries his secretary & covers HER in bling.

Hang in there -- this should be a winner for you. You're a strong & smart cookie! Much dust but I don't think you'll need it. Please let us know how it goes.

--- Laurie

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck and positive vibes for the rest of your court sessions!!!!!! You are already a winner for taking the step to get yourself and your children away from him.

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
Good luck today!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prayers for you Lioness! I am sure you will be the victor in all this, but it's not easy! I will be sending you positive thought and much prayer!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Strength, love, hope, peace and whatever else I can send to you I will!!!! You are amazing!!! Screw him- well actually it sounds like he is doing a good job of that himself! DUST DUST DUST!

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
JewelFreak|1402489131|3690785 said:
Lioness, GOOD GIRL!!!! You got yourself good lawyers! I know so many women going through divorces with lawyers who basically phone it in & then put out their hands for the money, leaving the clients with such crummy deals that their lives are painful. While hubby marries his secretary & covers HER in bling.

Hang in there -- this should be a winner for you. You're a strong & smart cookie! Much dust but I don't think you'll need it. Please let us know how it goes.

--- Laurie[/quote

These guys don't call it in. They are amazing. When the ex beat me and kicked me out of the apartment, one of them insisted that I stay with him and his girlfriend until the ex was evicted by the court. I'm not in the US, so the law is very, very different. I couldn't have him arrested for domestic violence that night. When the ex showed up last December to try and snatch the kids, the junior associate on the matter babysat them so that they could feel safe and I could leave them with a a knowledgeable person while I bought the last of the Christmas presents.

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
SB621|1402515666|3691122 said:
Strength, love, hope, peace and whatever else I can send to you I will!!!! You are amazing!!! Screw him- well actually it sounds like he is doing a good job of that himself! DUST DUST DUST!

Oh, is he ever doing a great job of screwing himself. The latest: he filed a motion stating that he will not comply with any order to report to a psychological evaluation because all the Family Court psychologists are "feminist hags' (yes, that is the quote from the document) just like the presiding judge.

Her Honor was not amused.

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your warmth, your bright strong sunny energy, your encouragement!!!

It's done and it wasn't horrible because the judge disallowed questions left, right and center for violating the local Rules of Evidence. Less than 20% of the questions were deemed admissible. Now, I'm an attorney. I took a class on Evidence in law school where we were taught how to pose questions for cross-exam and depositions. Didn't his lawyer learn how to draft a questionnaire?

Now I'm sitting in front of the computer catching up on the news and the bling while sipping champagne. It's done!!!!!!!

Insert a Pharrell "Happy" video here.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad it is over!

Sounds like he's made quite the... impression... on everyone!

Enjoy your champagne :))

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing news :appl: now it's over and done with.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Aha! You deserve champagne! Congratulations! Now let's hope he goes >< POOF>< into thin air!

--- Laurie

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations lioness! So happy for you that it is over and done and you are free and hopefully at peace. Best wishes for a happy and healthy future from hereon in. :appl:

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on being done! Hope the rest of the custody battle is over ASAP. Now onto the champagne and bling... :))

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Cheers, Lioness! Enjoy every drop of champagne (and bling)!

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!!!

Next phase - his court-ordered psychological evaluation, scheduled for next week. However, he stated in a motion filed before the judge, a woman, that he will not comply with the order because all the court psychologists are "feminist hags, just like Your Honor."

Yes he did. Rather, his lawyer, who happens to be a woman, did. :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Is that a hammer stamped "contempt" that I see?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm happy you made it through and fared well. Let's hope everything else goes as well and as quickly. Dust.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Man, you can't make this stuff up. Fingers crossed for you.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! enjoy your well deserved champagne .... let the celebratory bling shopping begin!!!

Congrats on your new found freedom (or soon to be granted, freedom)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad for you that you are finished with that man! So glad that the deposition is over, but at least there is a little comedy involved and everyone involved sees what a fool he is!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results