shape
carat
color
clarity

deodorant?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
What did you girls use on your big day? How well did it work? Did it get on your dress?

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
This is one of the many reasons I LOVE Pricescope... now I really need to know!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used clear gel deodorant, didn''t have a problem.

One of the BMs in a wedding where I was the MOH bragged that she didn''t need deodorant, she just used baby powder. WELL....let''s just say that before the wedding even STARTED, while we were taking pics, there was white crap caked all over her EGGPLANT colored dress. So please....go for actual clear gel deodorant before you even think about using baby powder!!!!!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I used what I always use.... Dove invisible stick. I put the usual amount on that morning, ran around and then after I had my dress on, did a quick pass over to freshen up. Worked perfectly.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto on the Dove invisible clear. Now it even comes in different scents (like cucumber-and-something).

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2006 3:07:24 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I used clear gel deodorant, didn''t have a problem.

One of the BMs in a wedding where I was the MOH bragged that she didn''t need deodorant, she just used baby powder. WELL....let''s just say that before the wedding even STARTED, while we were taking pics, there was white crap caked all over her EGGPLANT colored dress. So please....go for actual clear gel deodorant before you even think about using baby powder!!!!!
LOL...why wouldn''t she just use the deodorant? Baby powder gets EVERYWHERE...my FI uses it for various reasons (I won''t specify
9.gif
) and we always have powder residue in our bathroom...EVERYWHERE!
29.gif

I am not bragging, but I have never used deodorant. And I truly don''t need it I don''t know if it has anything to do with being Korean, but all my Korean girlfriends don''t use it either. Neither does my brother. I''ve never smelled anything on any of them, or noticed wet spots.

I think I am just missing the glands or something. I also have no armpit hair, what a blessing! Well, not NONE entirely...I think I''ve counted three. Literally.

But I have lots of other issues I could certainly complain about!

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
A couple of years ago, a friend recommended Certain Dri. It''s a roll-on, but you put it on at night before bed. It''s almost a prescription strenght deodorant that helps people prone to wetness. I don''t, but I tried it anyway and I love it. Not matter how hot outside, or how rushed I get, no dampness, nothing. Not married yet, but will be using that on my day.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2006 4:23:26 PM
Author: nytemist
A couple of years ago, a friend recommended Certain Dri. It''s a roll-on, but you put it on at night before bed. It''s almost a prescription strenght deodorant that helps people prone to wetness. I don''t, but I tried it anyway and I love it. Not matter how hot outside, or how rushed I get, no dampness, nothing. Not married yet, but will be using that on my day.

Ditto to this! I''ve used it a couple of times and it''s amazing...no sweat at all. I can''t help but think it''d be bad for you with continuous use, but I''ll be using it on my wedding day, especially since my wedding day is June 23rd!

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
I had that concern in the back of my mind EBree, I even asked my doctor about it! She said there were no issues at all with it, nor had she heard of any people having prolonged use problems.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
I tried Certain-Dri and couldn''t get past the STINGNING BURN! Youch.

The other bad thing I''ve heard about it is that it doesn''t really stop you from sweating -- it just seals off those pores so the sweat doesn''t come out there. SO the sweat comes out in other places instead
32.gif
(not sure where, just telling you what I''ve heard!).

But maybe for short-term use, it''s not a problem.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
certain-dri can cause chaffing, but i think if you use it once to make sure you react ok and once later for your wedding, you should be fine.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2006 4:15:03 PM
Author: TravelingGal
I am not bragging, but I have never used deodorant. And I truly don't need it I don't know if it has anything to do with being Korean, but all my Korean girlfriends don't use it either. Neither does my brother. I've never smelled anything on any of them, or noticed wet spots.
TG, we need to investigate you and my best friend's husband (he's Chinese) and find out what gene mutation or something the both of you have. He never wears deodorant and never smells, EVER. We used to go running together and after hours of running, he still didn't smell whatsoever. We must identify what this is so we can clone it!!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2006 4:53:30 PM
Author: ellaila
I tried Certain-Dri and couldn't get past the STINGNING BURN! Youch.

The other bad thing I've heard about it is that it doesn't really stop you from sweating -- it just seals off those pores so the sweat doesn't come out there. SO the sweat comes out in other places instead
32.gif
(not sure where, just telling you what I've heard!).

But maybe for short-term use, it's not a problem.

I heard that it numbs your sweat glands, so they don't react. Hmmmmm! I'll do a little more research.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2006 5:41:04 PM
Author: FireGoddess

TG, we need to investigate you and my best friend''s husband (he''s Chinese) and find out what gene mutation or something the both of you have. He never wears deodorant and never smells, EVER. We used to go running together and after hours of running, he still didn''t smell whatsoever. We must identify what this is so we can clone it!!!
LOL Firegoddess. I really have no idea. I only know that out of all my asian friends, no one uses deodorant. I know there definitely stinky asians (I''ve smelled ''em) but since my of the asians I know currently are definitely family members (my cousin are my best friends), maybe it IS a genetic thing. My cousin and I ran a marathon and neither of us smelled afterwards. We were definitely sweaty...it was all over sweat though, as can be expected from running for 26 miles!

Maybe the stinkier food you eat (i.e. kimchi) the less you smell? Hm.....

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I''d like to second the dove clear deodorant. I''ve been using it for a few months so far, and I tend to get a little stinky when it''s either blisterinly hot or when I get stressed, and I''ve had no problems. I would say to not re-apply too often- I originally bought it when attending a friend''s AZ wedding, and threw an insurance coat on just before the cermony. Post-ceremony the groom in his big black tux decided it was a good idea to lift me, and taa-daa, big white splotches, right where my pits had been...
So use it, but sparingly. And I like the cucmber-and-something scent too.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
TravelingGal - LUCKY YOU! I wish we were all that lucky, but I must wear deodorant or i''d sweat up a storm! YUCK
14.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
My MOH and I used Mitchum gel deodorant for women on my wedding day, and it worked great! I saw the Certain Dri in the store, but all the warnings on the box kinda scared me LOL. But the Mitchum was absolutely great, and I still use it on particularly hot days
1.gif

Oh I should add that my MOH's dress was a wine color, and the deodorant did NOT get on her dress at all
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Certain Dri. Ohhhhh.. Where do you buy this? Sounds fabulous. The drug store carries it?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2006 7:51:25 PM
Author: Gypsy
Certain Dri. Ohhhhh.. Where do you buy this? Sounds fabulous. The drug store carries it?
It is in all the stores here in CT: Target, Walmart, foodstores (i.e. Stop and Shop), drugstores (CVS, Brooks, etc.).
1.gif

ocbride2007

Shiny_Rock
I know this is definitley a doctor''s visit only thing, and probably only for a real medical need, but botox is approved for usage underarms to prevent sweating. Closer to the day I may read up on it and ask my dermotologist - I don''t think I have a medical problem with sweating, but I always get wetness on a hot day. So that''s worth checking out.

Anyone know the impact of waxing on sweat? I wonder if that does anything to your pores. I have to try to get my underarms waxed and see if it works pre-wedding, I have such dark hair and light skin that even after just shaving it still looks dark
7.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2006 8:22:11 PM
Author: ocbride2007
I know this is definitley a doctor''s visit only thing, and probably only for a real medical need, but botox is approved for usage underarms to prevent sweating. Closer to the day I may read up on it and ask my dermotologist - I don''t think I have a medical problem with sweating, but I always get wetness on a hot day. So that''s worth checking out.

Anyone know the impact of waxing on sweat? I wonder if that does anything to your pores. I have to try to get my underarms waxed and see if it works pre-wedding, I have such dark hair and light skin that even after just shaving it still looks dark
7.gif
Dark hair and light skin...sounds like you are a good candidate for laser. Best thing I have ever done (bikini line tho, since I have no pit-hair)

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Crystal Body Deodorant.

"Crystal Body Deodorant contains natural mineral salts; is free of perfume and chemicals; prevents odorous bacteria from forming; won't leave white flakes; and is recommended for men and women of all skin types. All Natural Crystal Body Deodorant (Contains NO Aluminum Chlorohydrate). Crystal Body Deodorant is made of 100% natural mineral salts, which are hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, non-sticky, non-staining, and can be used by both men and women." They sell it pretty much everywhere but you can always search the web.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results