shape
carat
color
clarity

Dental

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the time has come to buy a dental policy. Anyone have any suggestions?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Insurance is a for-profit business.
They hope you won't have a claim.
Most people with homeowner's fire insurance or car insurance or medical insurance do not have huge claims.
That's how they make money.

Since the vast majority of people DO have dental claims the premiums are high compared to what you'd likely pay your dentist if you didn't have insurance.

Also the size of the typical dental bill is not $50,000, unlike the surgeries which must be covered under medical insurance.

Look closely at the numbers for YOUR situation.
It may make sense to not have dental insurance.

My dentist also gives me lower rates because I do not have dental insurance.
He calls it a "professional courtesy".

Also I'll toss in that brushing and flossing daily, and 6-month check ups and cleaning, will save you a zillion bucks and 30 teeth over your lifetime.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
If I were looking for a dental policy, I would look for one that had an option for some coverage on implants. I believe there are only one or two carriers for it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kenny, I totally understand what you are saying! Last year we were hit hard. DH had 4 cavities. I had 3 and had a root canal and crown :$$): :$$): :$$): so either we will have perfect teeth for the next 5 years or this is a sign of things to come. Both of us have been really lucky. Guess I am scared. I have chronic tooth pain but I have been told that's related to my jaw issues.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori E-ring|1303419283|2902133 said:
Kenny, I totally understand what you are saying! Last year we were hit hard. DH had 4 cavities. I had 3 and had a root canal and crown :$$): :$$): :$$): so either we will have perfect teeth for the next 5 years or this is a sign of things to come. Both of us have been really lucky. Guess I am scared. I have chronic tooth pain but I have been told that's related to my jaw issues.

Yikes.
Your expensive dental history may bump up your premiums. :((
Plus there are deductibles and copays to consider.

If it still pays off, then certainly go for it.
I'm not saying don't buy it.
Now that that expensive work it done you may pay premiums for 5 years and have few claims, in which case that premium $$$$ could have bought some bling. :bigsmile:

Nobody can foresee future dental costs with certainty.
I've certainly come out ahead NOT buying dental insurance.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
We have dental thru my husbands work. For us it is $10 per month with insurance paying up to $1,000 per person. We are SO lucky that his work picks up most of the tab for our insurance. I've looked for independent dental insurance as an addition for me but haven't found anything. I was dumb and didn't care for my teeth as a teenager and need three more molar crowns in addition to the three I have.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results