shape
carat
color
clarity

Delta flight turns back after maggots fall from overhead bin

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... Who would bring rotten fish in their bag??? ...

Probably the same person who left a severed human leg on a New York train track. :knockout:
I wonder whether it had maggots too?

Gotta love it! :lol-2:

Last edited:

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Maggots don't just appear, the rotting food had to have been in there a good while. How could the crew clean the plane and not notice it?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fish, ewwww. I thought it might have been casu marzu.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so disgusting! Who would bring rotten fish in their bag??? I would be so totally grossed out and angry! John Q. Public strikes again!

One of my favourite waste of time is to watch those border control programmes, to watch how much banned food stuff some people would try and bring into a country like Australia with very strict controls, then throw a tantrum when they are caught and fined. :roll2:

Personally, I had taken smoked salmon and extra thick double cream from into Canada as my folks liked them years ago. :oops2:

Not now - only different brands of cheese and onion crisps/chips for my brother as he likes them! :lol-2:

DK =)2

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It was with incredulity that I read this on the MSM--how could this pass the "smell" test through customs? The XRay? That people travel with rotten fish begs belief--that flouts the decades of travel rules......:rolleyes::roll::confused:

cheers--Sharon

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maggots don't just appear, the rotting food had to have been in there a good while. How could the crew clean the plane and not notice it?

They were apparently in a passengers carry on bag so it would have been brought on after the plane was cleaned.

the flight crew eventually traced the maggots to a passenger’s bag, which contained rotten fish wrapped in newspaper.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I have a hard time just walking past a fishmonger. I don't even want to think how bad that must have smelled. :sick:

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
Gross. Though we are going to Italy for the first time this summer and I am definitely researching what kind of foods I’m allowed to bring back. Hopefully it’s not stinky salami or cheese, but it will definitely not have maggots.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They were apparently in a passengers carry on bag so it would have been brought on after the plane was cleaned.

the flight crew eventually traced the maggots to a passenger’s bag, which contained rotten fish wrapped in newspaper.

The smell alone has to be outrageous!! Ugh!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of my favourite waste of time is to watch those border control programmes, to watch how much banned food stuff some people would try and bring into a country like Australia with very strict controls, then throw a tantrum when they are caught and fined. :roll2:

Personally, I had taken smoked salmon and extra thick double cream from into Canada as my folks liked them years ago. :oops2:

Not now - only different brands of cheese and onion crisps/chips for my brother as he likes them! :lol-2:

DK =)2

i will take this opertunity for a PSA and remind travlers do not bring meat, fruit, honey, veg, herbs, seeds etc -anything weird into our part of the world and for God's sake if you do just declaire it -no one will growl if you just declaire it but dont cry foul if you forget or pretend to forget or try to sneak it in when we hit you with a big fine for endangering our export markets and our biodiversity, those very cute beagles are very good at their jobs
we do not have rabbies, foot and mouth and a whole bunch of other horrible things the rest of you might have and we dont want them

i recently watched an eopsoide of the NZ boarder control that Gary was watching and this English tourist moaned and bi*ched and complained because we finned him $500 for not declairing an orange, its not like there are not signs in about 45 diferent languages telling you to declair it or just throw it out in the bin provided before you get to the beagle check
1708497524791.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a hard time just walking past a fishmonger. I don't even want to think how bad that must have smelled. :sick:

my work was closed for 3 weeks prior to xmas while the fire next door was cleaned up
so thankful because it was a fish and chip shop and according to our other neighbours on the other side of us (a chemist) the smell of rotting fish and the maggots were disgusting

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results