shape
carat
color
clarity

Delster''s Wedding Planning Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Hello ladies! Well the big day is this Saturday so I thought it about time I started a wedding planning thread!

First up, the invitations. These are from Bella Figura - here''s the link to our set - who were fantastic, excellent customer service. Invites are cream with navy font, and the envelopes are cream with fuchsia liners.

akjhjkdgandg-01.jpg

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Let''s try that again!

dalngdgbag-01.jpg

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, not much better but it''s the best I can do after 30 minutes of faffing about on the laptop!

OK then, here are the bridesmaids'' dresses. They are the from NataJane on Etsy - here''s the link

ngdklangkoang.jpg

Delster

Ideal_Rock
OK and a collage of my inspiration colours and a few other things...

The bridesmaids dresses as they will look on an actual person are on this, the colour is the same as the girl in the middle but they are full length like the girl in the top right.

FI is wearing a suit like in the bottom picture.

My Mammy is wearing a purple dress and short jacket a bit like the lady in the bottom right picture.

Bottom left is our venue.

And the rest are colour inspiration pictures for the flowers/decor!

dklangodbgu.jpg

Delster

Ideal_Rock
My hair inspiration picture, I found this on the Knot. I will probably put some small white or pink flowers to the side.

dkagnakldngodng.jpg

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Shoes!

**Big** shout out to Deelight for finding these for me!!!

The shoes are one half of my 'something blue'. The other half is sapphire earrings FI has chosen and bought for me. I haven't seen them yet, can't wait to see what he chose!

My something old will be a miraculous medal pinned to the inside of my dress. That will also be the something borrowed - it normally sits on the wristband of a watch that belonged to my grandmother that my mother wears.

dklangdklnagubg.jpg

Delster

Ideal_Rock
And the something new... the dress!

This is from the second to last fitting, it fits a lot better now, it was still gaping a lot at the top and was baggy around the waist in this photo.

knalgdnag.jpg

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Yikes! Apologies all, it's either a feast or a famine with file sizes here today! I've messaged Admin for help, I can only imagine ye don't need to be looking at a huge photo of my derriere - very sorry!!!

ETA - Thank you Andrey!
35.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Everything looks gorgeous! Good luck on your big day!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything looks sensational, Delster!! And don''t stress about a big pic of your botbot sweetheart, you have such an amazing figure!! That dress is the stuff dreams are made of
30.gif

I LOOOOVE the colour of the shoes! I kinda wish I did coloured shoes now.

bibiloves

Shiny_Rock
Wow I love your dress!!! It''s so unique, do you mind sharing who made it? I hope you''ll have a great wedding day
1.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Thank you guys!

Andi my botbot would be blushing if it could
2.gif
The shoes are by Zu but I can't see them on the website any more.

bibiloves the dress is definitely different! I took a looooong time mulling it over before deciding to make the leap. Here's the designer:
http://www.suzanne-ermann.com/en/

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Couple more things!

Cake topper from Lynn's Little Creations - amazing service, I couldn't believe what a good job she did and such brilliant communication and service.

This won't be on the cake but will be on the table beside it. FI knows nothing about it!
9.gif

il_430xN.115121006.jpg

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Shawl I'm making for myself if I get cold - it is March in Ireland, it will be cold!

This picture is only about 20% of the way in - it looks kind of yellow, in reality it's in a really soft creamy ivory. The yarn is kid mohair, so incredibly soft. I've put little Swarovski beads into it, they're concentrated at the edges and thin out in the middle. The beads are incredibly time consuming but it's worth it. I'm probably 80% done at this stage, the pressure is on!

The pattern is by a local guy here and is inspired by waves - you can see the original pattern here with lots of photos if you want to see the full effect of the whole thing:
http://www.kieranfoley.com/knit_lab_high_seas.html
I chose it because I thought it tied in well with the dress.

4367585446_aff6642cdb.jpg

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
I love, love, love your dress and shawl!!!! I wish I was a better knitter.

My bridesmaids'' dresses are the same color :)

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous Del, love the shoes!! Hope your day is fabulous, dear!

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Your dress is insanely amazing and gorgeous! Seriously I want to marry it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks awesome, Delster!!! You have a killer figure.

Can''t wait to see pics from the actual wedding!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks great!!!!!!!! Good luck!!!!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!! Fun stuff!! Can''t wait to see pics of your day!!

I''m doing those same bridesmaid dresses, except from Victoria''s Secret in red. Don''t ya just love ''em?? They literally flatter everyone and are really lovely!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
wow delster! everything looks sensational
36.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Your dress is simply - WOW! Everything else looks great, too!
36.gif
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2010 7:22:13 AM
Author: Delster
Shoes!

**Big** shout out to Deelight for finding these for me!!!

The shoes are one half of my 'something blue'. The other half is sapphire earrings FI has chosen and bought for me. I haven't seen them yet, can't wait to see what he chose!

My something old will be a miraculous medal pinned to the inside of my dress. That will also be the something borrowed - it normally sits on the wristband of a watch that belonged to my grandmother that my mother wears.

YAY !!!!!!! Happy to help out my diamond twinkie and how stunning do you look in your dress you will knock Retsled's socks off :)

I can't wait to see your wedding sweetie it looks like it will be amazing :)

ETA how cute are you cake toppers and your shawl.... awwwwwww thats beautiful :)

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Everything looks beautiful, and I agree with the rest of the ladies - your dress is out of control gorgeous!! Can''t wait to see the pics from your big day!
36.gif

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Everything looks great Delster! Your dress is to die for!!
30.gif

Bunny007

Shiny_Rock
Delster, COOL dress!!!! I''ve never seen anything like it. And I''m so impressed with your shawl. Everything''s looking great!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everything looks amazing Delster!! You''ll be such a stunning bride!!! Cannot wait to see pics!

blueberrydot

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh, how cute is your dress?? So pretty, I haven''t seen anything else quite like it!

Love the invitations too - Bella Figura makes such beautiful ones, very classic and sleek! Congrats on everything!

Round Halo Lover

Shiny_Rock
Everything looks beautiful Delster, I will keep my fingers crossed for good weather on Saturday!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Your dress is gorgeous!!!!!!! I love the hair, the BM dresses, the shoes, oh the shoes:) the shawl, the venue, the flowers...it is going to be a gorgeous day! COngrats and best wishes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results