shape
carat
color
clarity

Deleting old messages permanently?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
My Inbox is overflowing and, I think, taking up too much space in the memory/hard drive.

Do I have to 'delete all' on each page or is there an easier way? Also, how can I be sure they're deleted for good?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
What mail program are you using?

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
It''s Yahoo mail, neatfreak. Do you know a method?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
So if it''s yahoo mail you access it by going to a webpage correct? If that is the case then those messages are stored on Yahoo''s server and not on your home machine. So it wouldn''t impact your hard drive space at all. Do you just mean your available email storage that yahoo gives you? That is different than your hard drive space on your personal computer.

I don''t know specifically but you could try a few things:

1. If there is a box that says "select all" click it and then hit delete. But this might only delete on that page.
2. If you have to do it page by page usually you can increase the number of emails per page so that it''s a lot quicker at least.
3. Look in the "settings" section-sometimes you can click something so that it deletes messages rather than archiving them.

Once items are in the trash you need to hit "empty trash" or the like to permanently delete the messages.

Hope that helps- I don''t use yahoo myself so I can''t be more specific.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much, neatfreak! I''ll follow your instructions and hope they help. My laptop has only one GB of memory, and it''s taking a long time to re-boot so I thought the backlog of e-mails might be slowing it down.

I also have many pictures stored on the hard drive, could that be another issue?

Thanks so much for your help.
35.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 9:19:58 PM
Author: isaku5
Thanks so much, neatfreak! I''ll follow your instructions and hope they help. My laptop has only one GB of memory, and it''s taking a long time to re-boot so I thought the backlog of e-mails might be slowing it down.

I also have many pictures stored on the hard drive, could that be another issue?

Thanks so much for your help.
35.gif

Yes-the pictures could be an issue as they take up a LOT of room. Also your computer just starts to get bogged down with junk usually from downloading things, etc. It''s good to get someone to help you clean it out every now and then.

But it isn''t your mail-so don''t worry about that. The mail isn''t stored on your computer so it isn''t affecting your performance.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I''ve had it since May of last year so it''s problably overdue for a clean-out. I was looking for an easier/cheaper solution, I guess.

Thanks so much for your help!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results