shape
carat
color
clarity

Definitely going for a record

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
So. I quit.

Went in today, they had changed the requirements for our workload. The new requirements meant 80+ hour weeks for me... Four of them minimum. In a row. With no notice. Plus a three hour a day commute which would mean well over 100 hours a week commitment from me. Doing products liability from the defendants side. Which I hate.

I''m not a very religious person but this morning, on my way to work, I prayed about my job. I wasn''t feeling good-- morally-- about the stuff I was dealing with at work and wanted guidance. So when I got there and received this news I thought it about it through out the day and come evening it was a fairly clear choice... made doing the right thing easier.

I actually feel better today than I have all week despite the fact that my leg is aching like you wouldn''t believe from all the damp rainy weather we''ve had today.

Talked to my fiance about it. Not going to take the first job offered to me this time. Going to have confidence in myself and in God... and wait until the right job comes along. And I really think it will.

So. I''m actually quite...at peace right now.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much Virginia.
21.gif

I'm actually more an agnostic than anything else... I definitely believe in God and the teachings of Christ but I have a strong aversion to organized religion and hate the way religion is abused by so many. (Stepping off soap box, sorry). But I talk to God quite a bit (erm... he doesn't talk back
3.gif
) ... and I do believe he was guiding me today and that the hard times will be over soon.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,
You did the right thing, this job wasn''t for you. I could feel it even before you started. Yes your first day was...... well horrible. I am not a really religious person either but I do pray. The right job will come your way. I found from reading your posts that you took this job as you were feeling pressured by being layed off and wanted to find another position ASAP. This job seemed like a lot more money, but the commute if memory serves ( I''m 40 plus hehehe) was going to be a PITA??? Take your time, heal that knee and find the job that serves all your needs. You are very talented in what you do and can take the time to make sure the next job is the right fit. I used to do Corporate Recruiting...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Kaleigh! How are things with you and your family (been meaning to ask)?

Yeah, I took it more because I felt presssured and stressed. Which is why I made such a bad choice. The minute I found out it was products liability (again) I knew I would have a problem with it... but I ignored that and shouldn't have. The commue was a COMPLETE PITA. And honestly... while the money was good-- I was miserable.

One of the attorneys there was a very slick workaholic smile-at-your-kids-school-photos-then stab-you-in-the-back-the minute-you-turned-around-if-it-meant-her-getting-ahead type and I would look at her and I KNEW that I didn't belong in any place where that type of person thrived. That's the hardest part about being a lawyer... the other lawyers. LOL.

Plus, you are right... I need to let myself heal (going to the MD on monday) and I am actually looking forward to writing again... the last few days my book has been bugging me incessantly, and I've really wanted the time to sit and finish it.

You used to do Corporate recruiting, huh? Actually, the funny thing is today when I told my recruiter for this job that I wanted to quit she said, "I don't blame you, they're insane." So... she's looking for another position for me. So are two other good recruiters I know of. And I'm going to be looking-- but primarily for permanent jobs. If the right temp job comes along... one that will give me the job experience to get a better permanent job, I'll take it.

But that's my goal now. Not to make as much as I can as quickly as I can while I'm young... then look for a permanent job. But to look for a permanent job now. Because I think I've finally accepted the fact (happily accepted) that I am not the type where money itself will make me happy... that I need to feel morally good about what I am doing, appreciated for doing it and doing it well, and be able to have a decent life outside of work. Cause getting home at one am only to turn around and go back in at 7 am sucked for the three days I did it (when I thought it would be limited to this week... and that next week would be just 10 hours a day). That's what is going to make me happy... so I'm going to make THAT my new goal.
25.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for you, Gypsy! I think there is a lot to say for having a job where you feel you are contributing something worthwhile and gain satisfaction from it. And I agree that there are a lot of negatives with organized "religion", and I think God probably shakes His head at some of what He sees! But I do trust in Him, and I hope you will continue to seek guidance for your life. (See Romans 8:28).
12.gif
Hugs from me, too!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww. The hugs and the support here are so wonderful. Thanks all. There really are such nice people on this site... I'm very fortunate to have found it.
5.gif

And I did look for jobs today... couldn't wait till Monday... lol. BUT I looked only for permanent positions... actually the most promising one I applied for is in Houston, TX. It's a bit ambitious for me... but I'm actually a good fit with what they want IF they are willing to think outside the box a bit, so we'll see. It would be a great step in the right direction in terms of helping me achieve my goals. The realistic ones set last night while talking to FI until 3 am. We decided to expand the list of states we are willing to relocate to. Texas was a tough one. In terms of politics we are both very liberal and our friends who live in Austin (the most liberal of TX cities from what I understand) say that they have to be very careful when they leave Austin. One friend had his windsheild smashed in at a bar because someone overheard him and his wife privately (well, as privately as can be in a bar) discussing the President in a critical manner... the windshield was smashed by a rock with a note tied to it with a nasty message about liberals being traitors to the country and God. BUT, we do have friends who live there and family... the cost of living is fabulous comparitively, AND there's that who no state income tax thing. And I guess there are nut jobs everywhere.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OT Gypsy,
You asked me how the family is doing. Tomorrow, well technically today it''s been 3 weeks since Nanny died. I am having good days and bad days. The kids are doing well, they just miss her a lot. My Mom is being a pill and is asking for stuff. Like furniture. Nanny only had a few pieces in the nursing home and they were to go to my daughter as they match the bed Nanny gave her. Now my mom wants it. Nanny told us about a 100 times, please give this to Ashley. If your mother gets it she will sell it. I told the lawyer her wishes and he agrees with me 100%. I just wish I didn''t have to go through such SH*t at a time where I am grieving. My Aunt, my dad''s sister stepped in and told my parents to back off and give me space. My husband has done the same thing for me and I hope they get the message. Told ya it was OT. Good luck in your job search, I know the right position is right around the corner for you!! Lisa
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa... oh I''m so sorry you have to deal with that right now. That''s just terrible. Makes you shake your head and cry, "why, why, WHY??"

And there''s never a good answer. There just isn''t.

I am happy to hear that the rest of your family is closing ranks around you...and that your lawyer has your back. I can''t imagine losing my grandparents, and I know I''m approaching the day when I will have to.
7.gif
But your kids are blessed. They have YOU for a mom to take care of them and you''ll all draw strength from one another. As much as you can, don''t let your mother sap your energy-- your kids and supportive family members need that too much, and so do you.

Losing yourself on here when things get stressful is a good thing too. And well... you have us too. Many people on here, myself included, respect and care about you. (((HUGS)))

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
te:[/b] 6/2/2006 10:57:36 PM
Author:Gypsy

So. I''m actually quite...at peace right now.
[/quote]
Amen!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2006 12:35:20 AM
Author: kaleigh
OT Gypsy,

You asked me how the family is doing. Tomorrow, well technically today it''s been 3 weeks since Nanny died. I am having good days and bad days. The kids are doing well, they just miss her a lot. My Mom is being a pill and is asking for stuff. Like furniture. Nanny only had a few pieces in the nursing home and they were to go to my daughter as they match the bed Nanny gave her. Now my mom wants it. Nanny told us about a 100 times, please give this to Ashley. If your mother gets it she will sell it. I told the lawyer her wishes and he agrees with me 100%. I just wish I didn''t have to go through such SH*t at a time where I am grieving. My Aunt, my dad''s sister stepped in and told my parents to back off and give me space. My husband has done the same thing for me and I hope they get the message. Told ya it was OT. Good luck in your job search, I know the right position is right around the corner for you!! Lisa
1.gif

prayers continue.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Storm! Always right to the point! Thank you.
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results