shape
carat
color
clarity

Decision time...Day wedding. Have it Saturday or Sunday on Memorial Day weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NoviceNYC

Rough_Rock
We need to make up our minds tonight and I really like the idea of a Sunday wedding and my fiance likes Saturday. What do you think?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I had a Sunday wedding, and I can tell you that normally Sunday weddings mean you're in better shape to get the caterer/photographer/etc that you want. Since most weddings go off on Saturday, vendors tend to be harder to get on Saturdays and easier on Sundays. Oftentimes, Sunday rates are cheaper, too, but I'm not sure that's true on 3-day weekends.

Also, it gives your guests an additional day to get there without taking time off work on Friday to travel for a Saturday wedding.

foundnemo

Shiny_Rock
The places that I've asked treat holiday Sunday just like a Saturday, so little price difference there.

As for a long weekend, for me as a guest I'd prefer a Sat. wedding so I can still have mini-vacation plans for rest of the weekend.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
are we talkin afternoons or evenings?

NoviceNYC

Rough_Rock
Hi..It is an afternoon wedding. Starting about 11ish and ending about 5.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OK- just wanted to check and see if you were talking sat night or sun afternoon...both on mem day weekend? Then I'd do the saturday...b/c guests may want to go away for the long weekend...the sunday cuts the vacation .... they could still make the wedding and go away if it was on sat!
1.gif
But on the other hand, having the travel day on sat for a sun wedding is good b/c they wouldn't have to take off to travel. Don't think I helped on bit!
1.gif
I'm from NY too...where are you getting married?

NoviceNYC

Rough_Rock
Well we decided on Sunday...Basically we let the vendors decide...Which day were more of our favorite vendors available? Sunday! So there you have it. The plus side is also better prices so wahoo! Thank you all for your opinions though. We are getting married at Land's End in Sayville Long Island.

We really wanted a destination wedding but unfortunately both my grandmothers are very sick and can't travel so we are brining the Caribbean destination wedding home. The place is right on the beach and gorgeous. Wahoo!
appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results