shape
carat
color
clarity

Decided to go with a classic plain platinum band.....

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I purchased a band the same width and about the same height as my casa. I think I like it? :lol: :lol: :lol: My 2 rings are kind of blingy and my OEC pear ring will be no exception. ;-) So I thought I'd go with a plain band. What do you all think?

img_11658.jpg

img_11659.jpg

img_11660.jpg

img_11661.jpg

stci

Ideal_Rock
I think it's gorgeous! Well done lady! :clap:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks really great alongside your blingier e-ring - the smooth metal contrasts with but also complements the sparkle. And it lets the diamond be the star. Nice choice!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I just love this so much! Your plain band looks fabulous with your gorgeous and intricate engagement ring! :love:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very classy, love it!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keepin' it claaaaaaaasssssy!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, you could probably wear an antique looking engraved band or a pave band as well if you wanted to mix it up, I think provided they were the right height and not too bulky anything would look good with your ring.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ELEGANT! I LOVE IT. Nothing else would look quite as ***right***.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it! :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choice! I love the look. The set looks perfectly balanced and sophisticated because of the contrast.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Much better!! This one is definitely the winner, classic and elegant!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It lets the diamond shine as the center. Nice choice!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I love how balanced and elegant your set looks on your hand! Well done! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes the simplicity of a plain band is all that is needed to make a perfect set of rings - beautiful!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE! The perfect and classic and elegant choice! :love: :appl:
But then I am a bit biased. This is one of my favorite looks. A classic platinum band with your ER. Your ER is beautiful and can now be the true star of the show. The platinum band is a perfec complement and they work incredibly well together. Gorgeous. :love:

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very very classy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will have to say that my first choice would be an engraved band because I think it will blend better with your rings than shiny metal. Just my honest opinion! Caysie makes one and Victor does, too.

_37089.jpg

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it's very classic and understated. I also like the idea of an engraved band, if you feel like you need a bit more oomph.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course it comes down to personal aesthetics but I think an engraved band would be lovely too. However, I would choose one that is not so ornate as to compete with your ER setting if you kwim. The one DS linked from Caysie while gorgeous in its own right I feel might be too much with your ER. My opinion only of course.

I have a simple platinum vintage (1930s) engraved band that would probably look amazing with your ER. I got it on ebay a few years ago. Perhaps something like this one would be more in line with the simple and classic look you are going for?

_37093.jpg

_37094.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1462396607|4027315 said:
I will have to say that my first choice would be an engraved band because I think it will blend better with your rings than shiny metal. Just my honest opinion! Caysie makes one and Victor does, too.

This is what I was thinking. Nothing wrong with the solid metal but I think it stands out more than it should. A thin engraved ring would be my choice.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
an orange blossom engraved band was my first choice. None in my size:( Also the height of the casa off my finger is like 1.2 mm. The height of most bands is higher. I wonder if someone can engrave the one I bought?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1462444421|4027532 said:
Of course it comes down to personal aesthetics but I think an engraved band would be lovely too. However, I would choose one that is not so ornate as to compete with your ER setting if you kwim. The one DS linked from Caysie while gorgeous in its own right I feel might be too much with your ER. My opinion only of course.

I have a simple platinum vintage (1930s) engraved band that would probably look amazing with your ER. I got it on ebay a few years ago. Perhaps something like this one would be more in line with the simple and classic look you are going for?

OMG I LOVE that band! Do they have any more? :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan|1462449099|4027549 said:

Hi Soxfan, I think mine is orange blossom. I am guessing you searched everywhere online but I wouldn't mind keeping an eye out for you. What's your size?

And yes I think you could engrave after the fact but perhaps you can find a true antique engraved band. Inventory online is always changing. Let me know your size and I will put it on ny watch list for you.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1462449206|4027552 said:
soxfan|1462449099|4027549 said:

Hi Soxfan, I think mine is orange blossom. I am guessing you searched everywhere online but I wouldn't mind keeping an eye out for you. What's your size?

And yes I think you could engrave after the fact but perhaps you can find a true antique engraved band. Inventory online is always changing. Let me know your size and I will put it on ny watch list for you.

Thank you! size 4.5-4.75 would work. I should return this one :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well if you don't love it but perhaps you can wear variations depending on your mood and ring size fluctuations. For example I wear my ER with this engraved band sometimes just the 2 of them but when it is cooler out and my ring size shrinks I wear these 2 and my Suisse cut vintage band.

I got the engraved plat band at a terrific price if my memory serves me correctly. $325 I think. My Suisse cut band was about $700 I think and I got that at my favorite estate dealer. All in all very fair prices for true antiques. And if you want something like this they are definitely around so don't settle.

Adding 2 more pics showing the different looks I can get. First one with all 3 of my rings when I need a snugger fit due to cool weather and last pic profile of just my ER and engraved band.

The more ornate look with the busier band from CVB is pretty too just a different aesthetic. They are all lovely. Comes down to your personal preference.

Ok just set up a search for you at my favorite haunts. Fingers crossed.

Will go look at your etsy link now.

_3426.jpeg

_3427.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soxfan, ok got it open. Sorry my iPad is acting up this morning.
Pretty but I'm not sure about resizing it. Would disturb the pattern even though part of it has no pattern. I URS it depends. Email the seller and see what they say about making it a full whole size smaller.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1462450861|4027564 said:
Pretty but I'm not sure about resizing it. Would disturb the pattern.

it's a unique one as it has a section in the back that is plain and the pattern would NOT be disturbed by sizing.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pic:

il_307.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan|1462451070|4027566 said:
missy|1462450861|4027564 said:
Pretty but I'm not sure about resizing it. Would disturb the pattern.

it's a unique one as it has a section in the back that is plain and the pattern would NOT be disturbed by sizing.

Yes I would email the vendor to find out how much you can resize it without disturbing the pattern. I don't love resizing vintage pieces too much. Make sure it won't be out of round or affect the integrity of the band.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results