shape
carat
color
clarity

DCI diamond.. Need opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockyRay

Rough_Rock
Carat: 1
5.75 x 5.88 3.74mm L/W 1.02
Clarity: Vs1
Color: G(1)
Table: 64%
Depth: 65%
Crown Angle: 33.5
Crown Height: 11.8
Pavilion Angle:44.6 degrees
Pavillion Depth: 51.9
Polish:Good
Culet: None
Girdle: Thin to Med
Flourecence: None

They sent it to me with their own appraisal of it at $5,596.00 (I know I Know.. I have to get and independent appraisal) NO GIA cert was sent so I requested one. A bonded Guarantee of the diamond (Diamond is bonded)and a Megascope report.I'm still shopping around and have yet to see Jonathan's diamonds at GOG. Can some of the experts give me an honest opinion on this rock and DCI. I asked before about DCI and from the old posts..most were not so ummm..positive. I will not be buying adiamond from them but will love to know if this is a good stone and wether I should be looking for something siumilar.. I think the price is steep for a VS1...Then again I'm no expert.

Thanks in advance guys.. You all Rock (Pun intended)
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HA HA well the fact that its a princess makes a huge difference. I had this big huge flaming post about what a horrible round it was that I had to quickly delete--ha ha. Check out www.gemappraisers.com and look at their AGA cut charts for a Princess stone. It will have #'s that will help guide you towards what dimensions a well cut princess will have. Also run this stone's #'s through their cut grade calculator.

GOG has great stone and Jonathan does IdealScope images for his fancies, you can view light leakage and return. Compare this stone in person to his, bring it with you when you visit. Look at this stone under the IS and then one of his. Keep in mind that fancy stones will usually have more light leakage than a well-cut round..even well-cut fancies will not return as much light as a round. So be sure you have realistic expectations.

Oh and really take the comments you have read about DCI to heart from this forum. They may have some well cut stones, some may not be so well cut, but they slander other people's stones needlessly. That's not a way to make a sale.

Good luck!!
1.gif

RockyRay

Rough_Rock
I forgot to mention this is a princess.. Sorry

Woah.. (Edit)
Just read your post Mara.. Thank you for the advice..Youre the best.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Noooooo read it again!!! I didn't realize the stone was a princess and I just revised my original post!!
1.gif

Actually I just ran the stone through the AGA DIY cut grader and it got 1A on all specs except crown which was 1B...so this stone actually has very excellent proportions for a fancy..even the girdle is desirable..which is hard to find. You can expect to pay more for a well cut fancy as they are harder to find...BUT again...with an IdealScope..it will save you because even if the dimensions are great, sometimes a stone can still leak light!!
1.gif

Sorry about my initial post...I thought it was a round and freaked out!
1.gif

RockyRay

Rough_Rock
What's great about this site is exactly what just happened.. YOU dont know me from jack but out of the goodness of your heart you sounded a nice little alarm for me..I read the embezzlement thing on Fred Cuellar and read some of the other stuff on him.. This diamond graded 1A..at the AGA site VERY NICE though.. and it definitely in my price range.. so I will use it as a basis for the diamond I will be looking for. They do guarantee the diamond though from being laser drilled/Treated etc....I'm torn really.. because I dont know if I can get a Bonded guarantee anywhere else. Full replacement (Lifetime) not 30 days.. See what I mean? That's really important to me..My Future wife and I are both avid travelers and we are very active.. I want the peace of mind of knowing if the diamond is chipped or scratched or breaks..I can get it replaced easily with no hassle. After all if a diamond is forever shouldnt the diamond dealer stand behind their product for that long?
THANK YOU MARA.. For being who you are... thanks for looking out for the little guy. You da best!

RockyRay

Rough_Rock
Just spoke with Jonathan at GOG. Will be visiting him in Massapequa next week, thanks for your candor and honesty Jonathan.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
While I don't like the vendor, I do think this stone has really beautiful proportions! Let us know what you end up getting!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
RR--Bonded doesn't really mean too much, read some archive posts on the idea of a bonded stone. Though the full lifetime replacement is nice. Get that in writing and be sure it covers what you expect it to! I don't know many jewelers that replace the stone for its lifetime if something happens to it on your end...be sure that is what it means.

I agree with Giangi, while the vendor is not necessarily my idea of a top-notch..and I wouldn't give him any of MY money...the stone does appear to be nice. I would get it independently appraised if you decide to buy it, and be SURE that it matches all the specs you were given while still within your return policy window!!

Have fun with Jonathan and take in this stone if you can, maybe he will let you put it under the IdealScope so you can gauge light return. It will be very helpful with fancies!

Good luck and thanks
1.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Rich... Tee hee!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
OMG......TOO funny, Rich!

(by the way, where's my PAYMENT?) Geez, you say a nice thing about a guy and that's supposed to be the end of it?!?!?!
naughty.gif
wink2.gif
2.gif

RockyRay

Rough_Rock
Hahah...
3.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
ALJ, that check's on the male... The male pony express horse, that is.

A bit of an old nag, so it might take a while to get to you.....but it's in transit, I assure you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results