shape
carat
color
clarity

DC/MD/VA Venues

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dmamsquared

Shiny_Rock
My daughter is officially a lady a waiting, but she and her intended have discussed logistics on several occasions. She metioned Washington DC as the probable site and she expressed a desire to pay for her own wedding. I think that she is going to have sticker shock when she sees how expensive everything will be there! Figure on about 100 people attending the affair, give or take a few. I learned about a little gem not too far from Annapolis. It is called Camp Letts and it''s in Egdewater, MD. It''s a YMCA residential camp set on 925 acres of a peninsula. Has anyone here ever heard of this place? Can anyone here recommend another venue that wouldn''t break the bank?

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
dmam, I''m a DC area native but, unfortunately, I don''t have a ton of advice for you. If your daughter is open to an outdoor wedding, there may be a few options for her. You or she could try looking on the Parks and Planning websites for the DC area (i.e: Fairfax County parks and Planning, Montgomery County Parks and Planning, etc.) to see if there are any nice outdoor public park venues.

Lake Needwood in Maryand is quite pretty. Perhaps they have some outdoor wedding options. Sugarloaf Mountain (the overgrown hill that we call a mountain around here) is very pretty too.

There is also a very pretty inn/restaurant near Sugarloaf called Comus Inn. It is a beautiful place and has amazing views all around it (and the restaurant is pretty good too). My parents actually got married there. I am not sure of the price range for Comus Inn, but it''s worth a shot. Here''s the website: http://www.thecomusinn.com/

I hope this helps a bit!
9.gif

N8-Star

Rough_Rock
just came back from a wedding held at the Rockhill Plantation House, 228 Rockhill Church Road Stafford, VA .. it was a great location.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Hi!

Yes I have heard of Camp Letts!! I went there for sleep away camp for four years and it is a beautiful place. When I was there they had a ton of cabin facilities for sleeping and a fairly nice dining hall to hold a large reception. And I suppose if you were to use a tent there is a lot of area looking out on the water as well. Wow....your post brought back such great memories.

Depending upon when your daughter plans to get married you might want to check out the Newton White Mansion. It's in Maryland. I am having a destination wedding in the USVI in April but we are also holding a post-wedding reception at the Newton White Mansion in August. It's got a great view and a very large ballroom with windows all around. But I know they are booked every weeked until Nov '07. Let me know if I can give any more help to you. :)

dmamsquared

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for the leads. I will follow up on them as soon as we return from attending a destination wedding this weekend in Charleston, SC.

May you be blessed with a marriage where there is love every day.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results