Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH man! ;(
Cancer sucks
Death sucks.

I LOVED this recent video of his!!!
It's about the fall of the Berlin wall.
He had a flat in Berlin.

FWIW, the woman is the wife of the video's producer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWtsV50_-p4

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How very sad...He's made so many great records! 'Heroes' is one of my favorite songs.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The link posted here was really interesting. I lived through his entire career, but didn't know/didn't recall many of the things written about him. I thought he was marvelous, too. Every Christmas here on Pricescope, I included the video he and Bing Crosby made together of "The Little Drummer Boy" and "Peace on Earth" in the music thread. One might not have associated such an avant-garde musician with such traditional music, but he could do it beautifully.

R.I.P., Mr. Bowie.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very, very sad news. Hunkydory is one of my all time favourite albums. Such an exciting performer and always innovative. RIP, sir.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We just had Lemmy from Motorhead fall, now another one. A sad time for music fans around the world.

I remember having a conversation a long time ago about how the inception of rock in the 60's meant that one day the rockers would all fall and it would happen in a relatively short timespan i.e. 10 years. It looks like it's already begun :(sad

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sad. He was a music genius. A true artist. :(sad

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
So upsetting. He was so innovative, a true musical genius. I was fortunate to see him in concert in the 1980's. One of my top 10 favorite performers. RIP

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw that this morning on FB when I got to work. :(sad I had the hugest crush on him when I was a young teen. Jareth the Goblin King in Labyrinth ahhhhhh..

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
A humanitarian and truly a legendary artist.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought the last album of his on Jan 8, couldn't get the damn thing downloaded until the 9th because the hotel I was in had the worst internet connection ever.

I'm not the type given to fandom but with him, I was a huge fan, my dad was a huge fan.Was apart of the fan club (the official one) for many years. I was particularly bummed when he stopped touring but I totally understood why...its very physically demanding.

Not sure if you guys remember but he was on Soul Train in the 70's...so this was a man who broke many molds, and Soooo many people across all genres looked up to him musically. Saw him in concert a few times. IMO money well spent because while studio wise he was great, it was even better live. The energy at his shows is amazing and his voice was just not of this world.

RIP Thin White Duke. I'm so heartbroken.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am saddened by the news of his passing away from cancer this morning. He was a person who always reinvented himself, not being afraid to try something new and different.

Q

Queenie60

:(( :(( RIP

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
So sad about this. His music has been an integral part of the fabric of my life.

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is so sad. He was one of my absolute favourite artists :((

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Very sad news. ;(

Showtime has been featuring "David Bowie-Five Years" for those of you who haven't seen it yet.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heartbroken :((

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
R.I.P.

DK :((

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, Bowie!
My sister and I adored him.
I listened to my 8-track of Aladdin Sane until it gave out.
I also loved Hunky Dory, and listened to that record over and over.
"Andy Warhol" was my favorite from that album.
I lent my "Scary Monsters" 8-track to a friend and never got it back :(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results