shape
carat
color
clarity

Data Recovery and our Anniversary

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Happy Anniversary to me!!!!!

I decided that I didn't want to ruin our anniversary by fuming about the hard drive that DH deleted and last night we went to a party (not related to our anniversary) with friends. I really hadn't mentioned the photos or anything because I was determined to have a fabulous anniversary with the hubby...I still love him, ya know?

Well, while we were there, the topic of weddings came up (two other couples we know are engaged) and one of the newly engaged girls said that she wanted her wedding to be "picture perfect." DH said, "That's great as long as you don't marry a know-it-all engineer who manages to delete ALL copies of your wedding photos!" Everyone just kind of gaped at him and he hung his head and said, "I know!"

Suddenly, one of our friends (whom we've known for over 10 years!) said, "You know that I specialize in data recovery, right? That is what my entire company does....when did you do this and have you used the computer since?" NO! WE DIDN'T KNOW! I always thought it was tacky to ask people what they do for a living and we are too busy working when we see each other (we all belong to the same charity group.) So, DH agreed to give HIM the hard drives and he promised to put his best forensic engineer on them! He also promised DH that it would cost him dearly and he wasn't talking only about money! hahahaha!

That was really awesome and I am so glad that DH didn't only do it because I was badgering him. Our friend made no promises as DH confessed that he had tried two separate data recovery programs, but said that he would give us back everything they did find.

It actually turned out to be a great weekend and I'm glad that as angry as I was I made the right choice in just letting it go. I knew he felt awful and it was good to not rub it in.

BTW, it was our second anniversary and we've been trying to follow the traditional gifts. He gave me a new bottle of my favorite perfume with a very pretty cotton knitted sweater and a pair of denim wedge sandals (I think denim is cotton?) and I gave him cotton sweatshirt of his favorite college team and tickets to one of the games for him, his dad and his brother.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your anniversary, and on handling this situation so well! You are wise beyond your years of marriage! :wink2:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Happy Anniversary! Kudos to you for handling a miserable situation so gracefully. This is one of those situations where being angry doesn't get you anything except for making your DH feel worse than he already does. I'm sure that the way you handled this reminded him of why he married you in the first place!

I hope that your friend can recover your data...I learned this one the hard way too....it's definitely time to get a backup of your drives and tuck it away somewhere!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your anniversary- I hope the data recovery goes well!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your second anniversary, MrsH!

On the topic of your pictures...you may have to pay dearly for them, but your photographer should keep your pictures backed up in storage. So you may be able to contact them for additional digital copies. Then make copies on other forms of media and store them in separate locations! I have ours on DVD (2-sets) and a flash drive. One set of DVDs is going to my mother in October so she can keep them safe, the other stays in our safe, and the flash drive is in our safe deposit box at the bank. That doesn't include the files that are saved on my harddrive, and we're planning on getting an external for all of them as well!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your anniversary and HOORAY!!!!!!!!!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the anniversary! Crossing my fingers you get all of the data and photos back!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! I was so upset last week and Yssie, KatyWI, and Rosetta kinda had to talk me off the ledge.

Hopefully, it will all work out. I wasn't as upset about the wedding photos as I know that I can get those back from the photographer, but I was really upset about all the other photos that were deleted. For the record, I DO back stuff up! This was just one of those things where we managed to mess up everything all at once!...sigh...

I will keep you posted and thank you everyone for your kind words. I'm glad I have a place to vent...

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah...Happy anniversary Mrs.H...I hope the friend can work his magic! Your husband will really owe him and he already
owes you for not getting on his case about it. Your DH will not forget.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy anniversary and I hope you can recover your pictures!!! my hubby did that and we did NOT recover the pictures...lost alot of the kids Bdays and Christmas, ect...now I back my pictures up on a disc :wink2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on what sounds a wonderful anniversary :appl:

I hope your friend can work some magic for you!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results