shape
carat
color
clarity

Dancing Fire, why are you

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not terrified? You are not white. Do you realize that? Do you think that only Latinos and Muslims will be affected by the now permissible racism? Do you think your daughters are never going to have gay children? Do you think the KKK accepts you? Do you think that when you travel to a red state, the majority of Trump supporters (according to the polls) who are white, non educated men struggling to make a living, will not resent you for your Octavia? You think they will applaud your success and welcome you, knowing that your ring cost more than what they make all year?
I seriously would like to know.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF I have a question as well. Did I read that you in fact did not vote, only your wife did? I'm too lazy to search.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1478880020|4096991 said:
DF I have a question as well. Did I read that you in fact did not vote, only your wife did? I'm too lazy to search.

Elliot, that's right. DF did NOT in fact vote. In fact I am in shock at how many people didn't vote. And (not including DF because I don't think he would have voted for Clinton) because of all those who did NOT vote this was the outcome. ::)

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah. Well. That answers that.

Thanks missy!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1478880167|4096994 said:
Elliot86|1478880020|4096991 said:

Elliot, that's right. DF did NOT in fact vote. In fact I am in shock at how many people didn't vote. And (not including DF because I don't think he would have voted for Clinton) because of all those who did NOT vote this was the outcome. ::)

He says that he did not vote but is ecstatic that Trump won. That is why I asked the question.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've heard a few people say they didn't vote but are ecstatic that Trump won. Makes you wonder.......

Dancing Fire, Did your daughters vote?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is a conservative in the bluest state of all.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF and I live in the same area. Racism is practically non-existent. Every third car is a Subaru with a Bernie sticker. My kids are in college now, but when they were in high school, there were openly gay kids, holding hands and kissing while waiting for rides from their parents.

I have seen exactly two houses with Trump signs.

Oh, and Latinos outnumber whites in California. They definitely outnumber Asians. I'm not sure there will be a white uprising in this state.

What I am saying is, it is really easy to feel secure, as he SHOULD in an area like ours. It is diverse and accepting and mostly LIBERAL.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1478881483|4097010 said:
He is a conservative in the bluest state of all.

Do you mean to imply that is the reason that he didn't vote? Or that he is not terrified?

I'm one hundred percent ecstatic that I live in a blue state. The best state of them all. Great weather and opportunities--all of which I appreciate daily. Maybe that's why it's so hard for me to begrudge all the "illegal" immigrants for the "handouts" that all republicans begrudge them for. Maybe Bc thanks to the compassionate liberals, children of immigrants like myself, were able to achieve the American dream. Through hard work. Education. And now, we earn nice salaries and own our own homes and most importantly--we pay taxes! And I don't resent those taxes Bc I know they are for the greater good. So grateful. So fearful of traveling outside of blue states.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1478881848|4097016 said:
DF and I live in the same area. Racism is practically non-existent. Every third car is a Subaru with a Bernie sticker. My kids are in college now, but when they were in high school, there were openly gay kids, holding hands and kissing while waiting for rides from their parents.

Oh, and Latinos outnumber whites in California. They definitely outnumber Asians. I'm not sure there will be a white uprising in this state.

What I am saying is, it is really easy to feel secure, as he SHOULD in an area like ours. It is diverse and accepting and mostly LIBERAL.

Thanks for the explaination House Cat. This certainly explains a lot. I also live in a blue state but have heard some of the most hateful comments. It's just makes me so sad especially since some of these same people would never miss going to church on Sunday.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So I guess that as long as he doesn't travel, he can continue not to be terrified? This is very reassuring!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
nala|1478882213|4097022 said:

So I guess that as long as he doesn't travel, he can continue not to be terrified? This is very reassuring!
It's all about perspective.

When people live in one place all of the time, sometimes people think the whole country has the same values, etc..

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1478882199|4097021 said:

Thanks for the explaination House Cat. This certainly explains a lot. I also live in a blue state but have heard some of the most hateful comments. It's just makes me so sad especially since some of these same people would never miss going to church on Sunday.
My church is awesome. LGBT people attend. That was my top priority, acceptance. I needed to bring my son up in a church that loved everyone.

There certainly are churches that exclude though.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I take it all with a grain of salt - This is for the most part an "anonymous" forum, so DF could be anyone posing as the "DF" we "see" online. :lol:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1478883218|4097031 said:
I take it all with a grain of salt - This is for the most part an "anonymous" forum, so DF could be anyone posing as the "DF" we "see" online. :lol:

And yet, in the future, he or she may still come across any of the scenarios that I suggested. And for that matter, so will any other Republican!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire, please give me one good reason why I should pay any attention at all to the political spoutings of someone who couldn't even bother to vote. And don't use the prezidential race as an excuse... there were 16 propositions on the ballot that will affect you and your family and your neighbors... and yes, your pocketbook.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
nala|1478879822|4096989 said:
Not terrified? You are not white. Do you realize that? Do you think that only Latinos and Muslims will be affected by the now permissible racism? Do you think your daughters are never going to have gay children? Do you think the KKK accepts you? Do you think that when you travel to a red state, the majority of Trump supporters (according to the polls) who are white, non educated men struggling to make a living, will not resent you for your Octavia? You think they will applaud your success and welcome you, knowing that your ring cost more than what they make all year?

Wow Nala you really need to get out more :-o Your statement is almost laughable if it weren't so pathetically uninformed. What an insular view of this country you hold. Get out and experience the country before you make these ridiculous accusations.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Agree, Bonfire.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bonfire|1478894930|4097129 said:

Wow Nala you really need to get out more :-o Your statement is almost laughable if it weren't so pathetically uninformed. What an insular view of this country you hold. Get out and experience the country before you make these ridiculous accusations.

As someone who lives in a blue city in a red state - I have been out. When I am out with my white family and friends, we are fine. When I am out with black friends, or Muslim friends, I have been called a n---er lover, race traitor, terrorist, and had my friends called worse. Yeah. There's a reason I think people from small towns are racist. It's because every time I go to one with minority friends, I experience it.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AnnaH|1478895602|4097134 said:
Agree, Bonfire.

Ditto!

And really, how is it ANYONE'S business if/how someone chooses to vote or not? Sure we want to encourage people to do so, but to scold them? Rude! :hand: It's like asking a stranger how much they earn or how their sex life is. :roll: I know a lot of people say "don't vote? don't complain" but in reality, paying taxes - IMO - gives you just as much 'right' to complain as voting.

Imagine if someone started a random thread calling out by name & scolding people for resetting their diamond multiple times. :shock:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
nala|1478895922|4097141 said:

Wow Nala you really need to get out more :-o Your statement is almost laughable if it weren't so pathetically uninformed. What an insular view of this country you hold. Get out and experience the country before you make these ridiculous accusations.[/quot

I'm very well traveled,Bonfire. I love my life. I am also highly educated and I don't resort to making offenses that I can't substantiate. Trying reading the newspaper, Bonfire. Then try to cultivate some empathy. Do you know what empathy means? Then you can sit back in the comfort of your red state and rejoice bc a liberal like me will not take my disposable income (as I choose my next vacation destination) to states like yours, for fear of running into people like you.

By the way Bonfire, is that your picture in the New York Times article entitled the women behind Donald trump. Maybe someone can link it and we can all put a face to your name. How is that for a laughable comment?

Nala I live in a blue state. I didn't vote for Trump. You are making some gross generalizations here that have no basis. Pump the brakes.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bonfire|1478896649|4097144 said:

Wow Nala you really need to get out more :-o Your statement is almost laughable if it weren't so pathetically uninformed. What an insular view of this country you hold. Get out and experience the country before you make these ridiculous accusations.[/quot

I'm very well traveled,Bonfire. I love my life. I am also highly educated and I don't resort to making offenses that I can't substantiate. Trying reading the newspaper, Bonfire. Then try to cultivate some empathy. Do you know what empathy means? Then you can sit back in the comfort of your red state and rejoice bc a liberal like me will not take my disposable income (as I choose my next vacation destination) to states like yours, for fear of running into people like you.

By the way Bonfire, is that your picture in the New York Times article entitled the women behind Donald trump. Maybe someone can link it and we can all put a face to your name. How is that for a laughable comment?

Nala I live in a blue state. I didn't vote for Trump. You are making some gross generalizations here that have no basis. Pump the brakes.
Maybe if you didn't resort to insults, calling me insular, I wouldn't be so quick to generalize

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:silenced:

_94.gif

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1478896592|4097142 said:
Agree, Bonfire.

Ditto!

And really, how is it ANYONE'S business if/how someone chooses to vote or not? Sure we want to encourage people to do so, but to scold them? Rude! :hand: It's like asking a stranger how much they earn or how their sex life is. :roll: I know a lot of people say "don't vote? don't complain" but in reality, paying taxes - IMO - gives you just as much 'right' to complain as voting.

Imagine if someone started a random thread calling out by name & scolding people for resetting their diamond multiple times. :shock:
Ummm. I don't get your analogy? I'm calling out DF specifically bc he's a big boy and can speak for himself, as he keeps starting threads calling liberals sore losers. Please don't worry about him. And yeah, feel free to start a thread on my resets. So shameful of me.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
nala|1478897160|4097152 said:
Bonfire|1478896649|4097144 said:

Maybe if you didn't resort to insults, calling me insular, I wouldn't be so quick to generalize

Seriously?!! Go back a re-read what you spewed at me! Your viewpoints are insular. You can't categorize all people because of the state they live in! That's very narrow thinking. That's bigotry. And you were wrong I didn't vote for Trump but you assumed I did. I don't live in a red state, but assume I do. Is that your brand of empathy to attack with vitriol? Is that the kind of intolerance you teach your children?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
nala|1478897409|4097155 said:
Ummm. I don't get your analogy? I'm calling out DF specifically bc he's a big boy and can speak for himself, as he keeps starting threads calling liberals sore losers. Please don't worry about him. And yeah, feel free to start a thread on my resets. So shameful of me.

1) I'm sorry I can't help your "highly educated" self comprehend a rather simple analogy. Perhaps a charm school or reviewing the PS Community Rules can help:

I agree to help and respect each other, stay positive, considerate, and supportive.
I agree to not participate in rudeness, personal attacks, or any unethical behavior

2) Please don't tell me what/who to worry about. I respect and will defend DF whether he votes or not because he is a human being; not how he chooses to vote, where he chooses to travel, or his choice in jewelry.

3) I wouldn't actually start a thread like that because it's rude, classless and unnecessary - just like THIS thread.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think DF is more likely to leave PS than respond to this thread.

I object to how personal this thread is.
I don't need to agree with someone's politics to recognize when a certain line has been crossed and they are personally attacked.
IMO that violates the spirit, if not the letter of the law, here on PS.
... and I have no recollection of who started this thread; intentionally, I don't keep track.

As I've said before, I'm way more interested in discerning right from wrong than in loyalty to any "side".
Loyalty too easily slips into and us vs. them gang-mentality.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock

By the way Bonfire, is that your picture in the New York Times article entitled the women behind Donald trump. Maybe someone can link it and we can all put a face to your name. How is that for a laughable comment? ETA: or maybe its you, Anna h.

N, I was very upset with those who voted for Trump in the primary. Rubio got my vote, and I would have chosen any of the others over Trump. But I haven't lost my mind over it yet. As I stated elsewhere, I vote on policy, not personality. Had I chosen to vote by personality, I couldn't have voted for either candidate.
DF has nothing to fear and knows it. Not sure where you've been hanging out.

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
JoCoJenn|1478896592|4097142 said:
Agree, Bonfire.

Ditto!

I think it is kind of like a childfree person giving unsolicited advice to parents on how to raise their children. Or a never-married person telling you how to act in your marriage...

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
This thread is full of adults acting like children. Check yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results