shape
carat
color
clarity

Danburite purchase- new earring project

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I bought some pear shaped danburite today!! I''m so excited!!
I am going to make earrings out of it. 3.70 carats in total! wooo hooo

I want to have round royal blue sapphires at the top and have danburite pear dangles.
Can anyone make a picture of it with photoshop???
I''d love you see!
30.gif
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, so where are the pictures? Give it up!
3.gif
Gotta have those pics.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Didn''t buy them yet, but I would like to make blue sapphire studs and danburite dangle jackets
41.gif

bluerns143-1.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooohhhh... So lovely. I hope someone here photoshops them soon cause I can only imagine their loveliness in my head.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
here yah go! :)))))

DAN-00307-l.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, that should be lovely. Who will you have make them?

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
possibly by my local jeweler, who do you guys use?

It''s something I''ve been dying to do, had this idea in my head. Do I make a RHR or earrings? I thought the earrings would be a good idea, they''ll match my e-ring and would be good for wedding pictures since I want nice jewelery for our wedding next year.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve used my local jeweller as well as PS vendors. It depends on the complexity of the piece, urgency and amount of trust & understanding of the design.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t been able to find a local jeweler that I like yet. So far I''ve had a stone placed in a stock setting at BBB plus 3 custom pieces done by Michael E., Bostonian Jewelers and Peter Lees. I probably liked working with Peter Lees the best even though it took him forever to complete the piece. I will probably go back to him for my next piece, whatever that will be, only this time I won''t say "no rush."

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I heard a lot about AJSGEMS, I hope they are reputable!

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Kismet, I''ve the same problem with our local. She is terrific, but sloooooow. She was very intuitive and as I spoke she''d listen and just drawed and drawed.Turned the notbook around and say, like this?! and it was perfect, I have a lot of confidence in her, but month and months come on!
I think you have to put some presuure on them to get things done

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
AJS is reputable, so no worries there.

I think Peter even embarrassed himself with how long he was taking as he gave himself a deadline and said if he wasn''t finished by then he''d give me 10% off for each day he was late... I ended up with a 20% discount. :p

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW Irina, you have done it agian. Love what those earrings will look like.
30.gif

Linda

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are gorgeous stones - Irina''s mockup looks beautiful! BTW, love your new ''blue pear'' avatar. hehehe
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2007 8:00:26 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 4/5/2007 7:47:41 PM
Author: Pricescope
Those sapphires are about 5mm diameter.
30.gif
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
WOW is right, oh they are going to be fabulous!!!!
36.gif

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
OH MY STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

WOW!
Irina you are fanastic!!
36.gif

I''m in love!
30.gif
30.gif
Was trying to tell b/f about what I wanted to do and now he can really picture it!!!
Thank you so much!!!!

I think they look pretty good size wise the 5mm with the 10mm stones

getting so excited!
it will be my birthday/graduation present

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Those are GORGEOUS!!!

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I know I got that term from you San Diego Lady, but I didn''t realise it until after I posted, sounded familiar
28.gif

Simplysapphire I found the pair, but I didn''t buy them yet. They are $550 big ones, I know I''m going to kick myself if I don''t buy them now, I''ve been eyeing them up for a couple months!!
25.gif

My birthday is TAX DAY! but I got some money back..... thank you uncle sam for the lovely birthday present!! lol

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/5/2007 4:25:54 PM
Author: Kismet
I haven''t been able to find a local jeweler that I like yet. So far I''ve had a stone placed in a stock setting at BBB plus 3 custom pieces done by Michael E., Bostonian Jewelers and Peter Lees. I probably liked working with Peter Lees the best even though it took him forever to complete the piece. I will probably go back to him for my next piece, whatever that will be, only this time I won''t say ''no rush.''

Kismet, I am VERY interested in knowing your experience with Bostonian Jewelers. I am looking into having some earrings and pendants made and we are looking for places in Boston who do good work. What did you like or dislike about each of the places you mentioned. Thanks for the input. Also, could you link any threads with these custom pieces. Thanks again.

jeffwhite

Rough_Rock
Congrats! Danburite makes a very nice finished gem. It is a shame that not many people know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results