shape
carat
color
clarity

Damm! Ithink I just bought a fake pair of Paiges on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Damm damm I think in my sleep deprived state I bought a pair of fake Paige''s Melrose. I posted pictures in the authenticforum and they seem to think they look odd.
I hate ebay for this very reason. Now it will be a long drawn out mediation or worse she willl leave me negtive feeedback like this jerk did a few months ago when he sold me a fake magic bullet which broke on the first day.
Just thought I would vent
8.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bummer!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry for that, but this is why I never buy off ebay...too risky and the checks and balances do not always protect the victim!

chicagolawyer

Rough_Rock
How frustrating!!!

I know that both buyer and seller can leave feedback for each other, but otherwise I'm not too familiar w/ Ebay procedure.

What exactly does the buyer say in their negative feedback to you when you challenge them for selling a fake item?

ETA: Even a real Magic Bullet kind of sucks, so don't feel too bad about that one. My best friend ordered one when we lived together, and the blades turned but it was useless. We would precisely follow what they did on TV even and it wouldn't even do those things properly.

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear about the fake paiges! I know just what a horrible experience it is.....

I''ve been burnt on ebay too, but it was a fake DvF dress from a private seller and she wouldn''t admit it was fake so I''m left with an expensive mistake that I won''t wear. Was beyond annoyed as I paid more for it than I had for the other authentic DvF''s!!

I''d been avoiding listings from China and those where the fabric or print looked a bit dodgy, but had never had problems with a private seller before. I''d even checked her previous purchases and feedback to see whether she was a DvF buff. Am now hyper aware and ask for pics of every label and the hang tags before I bid.

Can you withdraw with a note to ebay as to youir reasons?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww kate i''m sorry about that! on AF they always say that the melrose is one of the most knocked off style of paige''s that is why i never considered buying it. the LC''s and HH''s and all of those are typically not knocked off so i feel safer with them. also i kind of know things to look for now. i have only gotten one pair of paige''s off ebay but the seller is a moderator on AF so i know he''s legit.

i have a hard time with Juicy stuff. there are so many knockoffs from china floating around....it seems like for every one auth one there is lke 5 fakes. so it''s very hard to know what i am looking at from pictures. in the end i typically decide it''s either not worth it and just buy retail even though i cringe as i do it, hehe. i did buy one or two off ebay and one i am not sure about...i just wear it around the house but it makes me go hmm.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2007 10:24:33 AM
Author: just_looking!
Sorry to hear about the fake paiges! I know just what a horrible experience it is.....

I''ve been burnt on ebay too, but it was a fake DvF dress from a private seller and she wouldn''t admit it was fake so I''m left with an expensive mistake that I won''t wear. Was beyond annoyed as I paid more for it than I had for the other authentic DvF''s!!

I''d been avoiding listings from China and those where the fabric or print looked a bit dodgy, but had never had problems with a private seller before. I''d even checked her previous purchases and feedback to see whether she was a DvF buff. Am now hyper aware and ask for pics of every label and the hang tags before I bid.

Can you withdraw with a note to ebay as to youir reasons?
yeah....maybe just don''t pay or something and write a note to ebay why you did so.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Well when I looked at the how to spot a fake sticky on Authentic forums i realised how stupid I had been but I had already payed.
Luckily I did''nt overreact to the seller and just nicely but firmly said i was worried. She came back and said they were definately real and she had got them from a ''wholesaler'' but what did want to do. I again explained why I felt uncomfortable using all the AF girls stuff and she has now said she will refund.
Hopefully she will do that, but boy have I learnt a valuable lesson. I have bought lots of ''stuff'' from ebay from DVF dresses tiffany stuff books dvd etc. But the 2 times I have been duped I certainly was not ''paying attention''. You do need to have your wits about you.
Thanks for listenting
1.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Yay she refunded me the full amount. I must say I am gob smacked. I really thought it was hopeless but bein g reasonable seemed to work.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2007 2:02:01 AM
Author: katebar
Yay she refunded me the full amount. I must say I am gob smacked. I really thought it was hopeless but bein g reasonable seemed to work.
Horray!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results