shape
carat
color
clarity

DAILY WORKOUT THREAD WED 3/17

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Well girls, I finally got to the gym! I did about 2 hours of cardio (@ 3am to 5am), 1 hour of weight training (@ 5am to 6am), and then swam some laps (@ 6am to 7am). Phew am I ever beat!!!
26.gif

How do you all do it every morning???

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock

JUST KIDDING

31.gif
You can see that I actually wrote this around 12 am Wed. night/Thurs. morning.

Since most of us are East Coast, I thought I would try to give you a little early morning humor. And Happy St. Patrick''s Day!!!

21.gif

I actually do have very exciting news. My sister and I went to the gym this evening (Wednesday night). I took it slow -> baby steps so to speak because I did not want to be sore. We did @ 15 minutes of warm-ups on the stationary bike, slow peddling just to warm up our muscles. Then @ 35 minutes of cross trainer (or elliptical??), followed by a 10 minute cool down of walking on the treadmill. All in all, a pretty good first night I think.

Now this will probably be the only time that I post the Daily Workout as a new topic. I will leave it to the early morning professionals like fountainfairfax, ammayernyc, Matatora, etc., since I plan on usually going to the gym in the evenings.

Just thought I would try to have a little fun this morning. Did I actually fool anyone? Or was it just a little too unrealistic?

9.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I decided to look into the workout thread for the first time, and you sure fooled me! I thought you were crazy!!! (just got back from jogging 30 minutes and i''m dying....)
38.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
oooppss, just noticed that the title of the thread says Wed. instead of Thurs.
emembarrassed.gif
Sorry!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
No worries! I was all happy I thought I had found another early riser....
emcry.gif
I guess no one is that intense...three hours I would shot myself. I think the workout you did with your sister sounds great! Lots of cardio and anything you do beyond your regular day helps. Good for you! I had to register for the first half of classes this morning so I only did my hour of weight training and 10min on the treadmill
emembarrassed.gif
. I hope my parents dont read this.... Anyway I am bouncing off the walls now becuase I realized i only have a week until I see my dear boyfriend. So excited!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
That was pretty good Buena! When i read you were up and at the gym at 3am, i was like what on earth is she on?!?! Glad you got to the gym though... baby steps are perfect. Your workout sounds good too... not everyone can jump on the treadmill and run for 45 min (me for one!). Keep it up!

So i got to the gym and tried to make up for skipping the night before and thinking that im probably not going tonite and drinking down some Guiness instead. So I did 45 min on the eliptical with a big interval jump every 2 min followed by crunches, swiss ball leg lifts and this other thing with those big Swiss balls where you lay on your back with your calves on the ball. You raise your hips off the ground and roll the ball towards your butt. GREAT for butt, thighs and calves as well as your stomach because you have to keep your balance.

I have to say, i can feel my body changing... im still squishy, but my muscles feel tighter and leaner under everything... So i just gotta keep burning the fat off!
10.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Buena -- you definitely got me... I was already forming my response to, ''well, we can do it every morning since we don''t work out for FOUR HOURS...'' or something like that.

Good job to all of you ladies! We are women, see us sweat!

I did my usual 45 minute interval training on the treadmill. It says I burn around 370 calories in that time, but I''m sure it''s less since I hold on and don''t swing my arms. I have really bad shin splints and unless I do that, they hurt tremendously.

I''m looking for a different workout though... I''m all caught up on those magazines and studies that say your body gets into a rut and you should change it up. Granted, this is only my second week of intense workouts... first week was 30 minutes, this week 45 minutes, next week 1 hour... but I want to try something new. I have very little willpower so the treadmill is good since I can''t slow down absentmindedly.

Anyone have any suggestions for workouts? My gym has stationary bikes (not recumbant), stair steppers, treadmills and a pool. I can''t run b/c of the shin splints... I would love to switch it up. Circuit training is hard for me since I''m not good at unless I have a buddy physically there with me...

Keep up the good work!
36.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif

Couldn''t help myself
17.gif

Hopefully it made a few people chuckle.

ForteKitty - Welcome to the workout thread! I hope you come back and post again. I''m always very inspired by everyone''s workouts!!

Matatora - sorry, I''m definitely not a morning person
9.gif
So glad to hear that you will see your b/f soon!!!

njc - great work! I''m always impressed by the people using the Swiss balls. They intimidate me. I have no clue how to use them propoerly. Did your trainor teach you?

ammayernyc - ouch, shin splints are awful!! Maybe swim some laps in the pool every other day? Swimming can be intense and give a good workout.

Great job everyone
35.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Amm - i second the swimming. Its one of the best total body workouts. In HS i used to go from basketball season (with all the endless running and jumping etc) to swim season. You would think after being able to run up and down a bball court for 3+ months, youd be in great shape for swimming... WRONG! Never failed, every year first week i would hardly be able to move and wouldnt "catch my wind" until end of week 2 or 3. But dont let this frighten you... to swim nice easy laps (vs my competitive training) for 20-30 min a day would be an AWESOME workout.

Buena - i LOVE the swiss ball!!! I was never really sure what to make of them either, but one of best friends (and MOH) bought me one for Christmas. It had a small instructional book in it that had some moves, and then i stumbled across a book that has all sorts of great moves in it. Im not very good (have a horrible time keeping my balance) but its rather fun and im getting better. LOVE it for doing crunches and the lifts i was talking about. The trainer i worked out with actually had me do the lifts and i told her i did those at home all the time... she was surprised and said most people werent a fan b/c they were so hard. She also got me to do squats with it (rolling it down a wall). I'll write what the name of the book is when i get home... it has stuff for the whole body!

But dont be afraid... you feel silly, but once you work out with one and feel what it does (i can definitely get sore) you wont care any more. Its a good workout by itself, but you can always add weight too... either dumb bells or like medicine balls. Im sure having mine at home to play with first made me a lot more at ease for when i use it at the gym. Its great to have at home though too because i can come home from the gym and finish up crunches or whatever while im cooking dinner! They are faily inexpensive ($15-25) and i say well worth it! Try it out when the gym is slow or take it into an empty studio... you just might get hooked too!
9.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I used to swim competitively in high school, so I know it can be difficult. But I''ve read that it''s not the most efficient at burning calories. Also, I''m usually ravenous after swimming -- other activities usually curb my appetite for some reason.

I think I need to get over my mindset that every time I''m in the gym I need to burn, burn, burn those calories instead of doing weights or pilates or something...

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
njc - That would be great if you posted the name of the book later!! I would like to try it out
1.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Okay, yesterday was the first time I exercised in 8 years. 30 mins of jogging/walking, and i''m DYING today. I cannot sit, I cannot walk, I cannot stand straight. Tell me this is going to get better?

My doctor measured my fat, and I ended up at a whopping 29%.
32.gif
23.gif
So technically, 30.5 lbs of me is pure fat. That is disgusting!!!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
ForteKitty -
Excellent work!!! 30 minutes of running is a great start
36.gif

And, yes, it will get easier. ammayernyc started out with 30 minutes of running and she has already lengthened it to 45 minutes! Next time you work out, make sure you stretch before and after you run. I''ve been told that it is very important to stretch after working out to keep your body from tightening up. Also, potassium is really good for your legs. And Advil
2.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t work out today...
38.gif
my body just refused to move any more.

The more I thought about it, the more i''m convinced that they must have measured wrong... I don''t see how someone who''s 5''2, weighs 105lbs and wears a size 0 can have 29% body fat! A third of me consists of fat?? They used that laser beam thing... how accurate is it?

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Fortel: I think you were definitely mis-measured. You sound so tiny! Any make sure that you drink lots of water. And just go walking today, it will help you feel better...sitting down all day just makes it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results