shape
carat
color
clarity

DAILY WORKOUT THREAD MONDAY 4/11

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Monday all!!!!!

What great response Matatora and I received from everyone last week- I just went back to re-read the posts for motivation as I start my day- thanks again to all!

I just got back from the gym- 45 mins on the arc trainer, kicked it up a couple notches to level 4 for the entire 45 mins and I DID IT!!! I think my new mp3 player helped (I know, I''m little behind the times, better late then never with the gadgets) it takes all my strength to keep from singing out loud
3.gif
I''m thinking about making Tues/Thurs weight/circuit training days to start with, plus I''m going to keep taking the beginner sculpt class tues nights- there''s a good bit of cardio there too.

Today I''m biting the bullet and going back to WW- I''m one of those freaks who actually likes the meetings, as long as there isn''t a huge pain-in-the-a@# in the group who takes over the whole thing...I''m ready to get serious again about what I eat, now that I realize that I really do like going to the gym & that I need to be flexible about when I workout.Wish me luck- I hope everyone has a great day!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Yea for you FFF!
36.gif
Way to start off the morning right! I got up this morning and did ten minutes on the stair climber to loosen my legs and then 30 minutes on the eleptical machine. I did arms and abs with my trainer for our standered hour and he threw in some extra time on the stair climber when he felt like I wasnt sweating enough!
20.gif
9.gif
I drank 48oz of water this morning I felt like I was dying of thirst....crazy KK. I hope everyone else has a great day and an even better work out!
35.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Way to go FFF & Matatora!! You girls are so good about getting it knocked out early!!

I''m on my way to class and will work out in the gym after that. My knee is still kinda whacked out so I''m kinda taking it easy on it....

FFF ~ Don''t you love the ArcTrainer?!?! I mean, as far as exersize goes and all... it''s pretty cool. But, since it kinda inclines your feet downward, do you ever find your toes going numb??? Or is it just me??? It usually takes about 20 minutes, but after awhile it feels like my feet are all cramped up into the toe of my shoes and then the numbness sets in. It seems to take longer if I go slower... but then I don''t really get my heart rate up. Just wondering if you''d had this experience?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
way to get your workouts in early ladies!! i feel so much better for the rest of the day when i get my exercise in early.

for the past few weeks, i''ve been hitting the library in the morning, coming home for a workout and lunch and then (maybe! hehe) studying more after that. it''s a nice way to break up the day. lately my cardio has only been on the nordic track- so i did a solid 40 min today. it''s good since it''s pretty low impact on my knee. it''s about the only thing that doesn''t seem to bother it too much lately which sucks, but at least it''s something.

it''s so bizarre. my knee pretty much hurts constantly as some basal level. the only time it doesn''t hurt AT ALL is when i''m on the ice skating- which is a fairly high impact sport. i guess it sort of makes sense though in a backward way, since skating is what caused the knee problems. i wish i could skate more; that would sort of solve the problem. but i don''t have the time or money right now unfortunately...

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I feel like a big, fat slob. Last time I worked out was last Tuesday. I''m trying to think of it as just taking a break, but it''s hard.

I have my trainer tomorrow (he canceled this weekend which is why I didn''t do anything). I also bought a jump rope and a timer so I''m going to try to incorporate that in my workout.

My bf is taking me out to a super-fancy dinner Friday night and throwing me a party Saturday for my birthday. I have to find new outfits... I hate shopping!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
ammayer-

don''t be so hard on yourself with the exercise- you''ll start again with your trainer tomorrow and you''ll get back on track!Ii was wondering how often you (and anyone else) meet with your trainer? I can''t afford the 3x a week deal but wonder if anyone sees results from a once-a-week meeting....

Anyway, you should be so excited BF IS THROWING YOU A PARTY!!!! Yea!!! That''s so much fun! I hate shopping now,too, but if someone was throwing me a party it sure would take the sting out of it! Have a great time and tell anyone taking pictures to just make them from the neck-up; it''ll make you feel better
3.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Teebee- I have exactly that problem on the arc trainer but never had it on the ellipitical. Not only do my toes slide to the front of my shoes but I constantly have to move my foot back on the plate. I find that unless I do that I don''t work my butt as well either, since pressing through the heel really seems to do the trick with my rear. I just keep rearanging my feet because I really like the rest of the workout. and my toes do start to "tingle" , which makes for some funny walking when I first get off the machine!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/11/2005 4:17:32 PM
Author: fountainfairfax
Teebee- I have exactly that problem on the arc trainer but never had it on the ellipitical. Not only do my toes slide to the front of my shoes but I constantly have to move my foot back on the plate. I find that unless I do that I don''t work my butt as well either, since pressing through the heel really seems to do the trick with my rear. I just keep rearanging my feet because I really like the rest of the workout. and my toes do start to ''tingle'' , which makes for some funny walking when I first get off the machine!
Oh, I''m so glad to know it''s not just me. I never had this problem on the elliptical either but what I did experience on the elliptical and treadmill is sharp pain running all along the outside of the bottom of my feet - like from pinky toe to heel along the bottom... So when I started getting tingly toes on the arctrainer I was starting to wonder if feet & knee problems plague only me (none of the itty bitty college girls at the gym seem to be grimmacing at their feet and adjusting their shoes as much as me...
20.gif
)... Like you, I just have to keep adjusting my feet on the plate (but also have to do that on elliptical) and concentrating on pressing down with my heels. I''ve bought about 7 new pairs of shoes over the last few weeks thinking that my problem with elliptical & treadmill maybe footwear/support related but so far no relief... Oh well, guess I''ll keep plugging away on the arctrainer & stationary bike & just suffer with my tingly toes!!!

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies! I am a day late, but still wanted to post on the work out thread so I could have some accountability. I had not worked out since last Tues, so I felt like it was imperative for me to go Mon to start the week off right and hopefully get back on track.

I did the bag class at kickboxing. And of course, since it has been a couple of weeks since I have done a bag class, it kicked my butt! BF went and bought frozen custard after dinner for dessert, so I am sure that added back on all the calories I burned during class- but boy was that ice cream good!

Amma- please don''t get discouraged. Just get back on that horse! Meet with your trainer and maybe you could jump rope while you are watching tv or something. You would be surprised how much you will workout without even realizing it, if you are occupied with a show or something at home.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results