shape
carat
color
clarity

Daily Workout Thread 5/5/05

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
First off... Happy Cinco de Mayo!
emcocktl.gif
And the other neat thing about today... its 05/05/05. I know, im weird!

Okay, so i really havent been working out and ive been eating brownies at work.
14.gif
Hopefully i will be able to get myself back on track next week!!!

I came across a couple neat things. This first one is a woman asking why she hasnt lost any weight and she been working out for 3 months. I think i am definately going to try the at-home thyroid test (Dr. has tested and he says its okay, but ive got too many symptoms...), and i think im guilty of not eating enough fat sometimes... Good Stuff

And from the same website, i couldnt help but click on Lisa "Hungry Girl" Lillien. Her little tips and tricks are pretty neat and easy to do (especially her tips on low-cal alcoholic beverages, one of my downfalls!). Lots of cool stuff!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OK, didn''t got to the gym Monday or Tuesday because I was sick. Went and did a relatively mild workout yesterday (45 min elliptical). Don''t know if I will make it today or not. I am presenting a paper to my whole graduate program in 3 hours, so right now thats kind of all I can think about...wish me luck...

I think I''m going to try to go again this afternoon, depending on how my throat feels.

I am also officially back on my diet as of yesterday, since I have something of an appetite back. Overall, I think being sick actually kind of helped because eating so little over a few days seems to have shrunken my stomach a little which means I''m not as super-hungry. I''ve set a mini-goal of losing between 15-20 lbs by the time we go back to visit FI''s family on the East Coast at the beginning of July, which I think is realistic, and would make it less traumatic to go dress shopping with FMIL, which I think would be fun for both of us.

How is everyone else''s fitness plans going?

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
njc - I love the "Hungry Girl" site! There are some really interesting things on it.

AmberGretchen - I didn''t get a chance to tell you yet-> Congrats on the -4.5 lbs. !!!
36.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Buena Girl...sorry to hear your cough is getting worse (I read your other post)...Hope you get better soon!!
1.gif

I didn''t workout yesterday as I was given a last-minute pass for Disneyland''s media day (they were closed to the public yesterday for today is the beginning of their 18-month long 50-year birthday celebration)...but I walked around the park like crazy, so that HAS to count for something, right? LOL

I went to Curves today and did my 200 crunches. I''ve also begun using my Ab Slide again and my abs were hurting during my 200 crunches!! That Ab Slide must be working!!

Hope everyone has a good Cinco de Mayo!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

I need to get back into this, the past few weeks I''ve been waiting for some important news and all I''ve been doing is eating until I was sick, so I started again yesturday. Have to stop drowning my anxiety in a bag of chips!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Welcome back ally - I think that working out and focusing on that actually sometimes helps when you are waiting for big important news, because it gives you something else to focus on and if you do it intensively enough, then you can kind of wear yourself out and have less mental energy for stressing and worrying...

I am proud of myself - I did manage to work out today. I am also going to take a brief interlude and be an attention whore for a moment, so please stop reading here if you don''t want to hear it...

So today I gave this presentation in front of my whole graduate program (100+ people, including some really hard-core amazing scientists). The presentation is a requirement for all first-year students in my program, and its very nerve-wracking, especially since I was sick earlier this week and couldn''t practice as much as I wanted to. Afterwards, you have a critique session with your faculty coaches, one of the professors who teaches the course and this woman who is in charge of all the writing/speaking classes offered in my program and who coaches all the first-years on these presentations. So anyway, I was really nervous and I couldn''t tell how it went, but they all gave me really good feedback - only one of them could think of something to criticize and it was really minor (his words)! The speech/writing coach woman even said to me afterwards that she thought it had been one of the best presentations this year
36.gif
And then to top off an all-around great set of feedback, my wonderful amazing FI came home with a treat from the Stila counter for me
9.gif

OK attention whore/bragging moment over, I just had to share that with you lovely ladies who have been so supportive.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results