shape
carat
color
clarity

Daily Workout Thread 5/10

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
So I am back in Jersey. I drove straight through and I am glad to be back. I have deiced to try Atkins one last time and my father is going to do it with me...it was his idea so yea. Anyway I am taking advantage of the fact that my parents have a pool and I swam laps for half an hour....I cant remember to count while doing laps so I am just going to time myself for now. My fever finally broke Sunday so I am feeling lots better. I hope everyone else is doing well too.

ETA: This is embarresing but I am 178 as of this morning (20lbs heavier since I started training daily, bleh) I am going to post my weight here becuase I think embaressment is a huge part of this for me. BTW did anyone else read the Newly thin, sexy, scared artilce in New York Magazine? It was intreasting.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Matadora..swimming is SUCH GREAT exercise!!! It''s wonderful that you''re partaking in it...Good luck with Atkins!!! Are you staying strict? Or modifying it?

I went to Curves today, did my crunches and my AbSlides. I started a SCUBA diving course last night...I''m hoping all the exercise of carrying around the tanks and equipment in addition to all the swimming will slim me down! LOL

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am staying stirct Daddy is a DR and he is on my but about my weight. Last night I was flat out told that at my weight I will not get into grad school. It hurt but maybe that was what I needed to hear. My mother said this morning that he would bring home keto sticks I hope she was joking... I am trying to drink my 100 oz of water a day. A good rule of tumb for water is to take you weight and divide it by 2 and then add ten. ie 178/2=89+10=99 ozs a day. No matter how little you weigh it should no drop below 55ozs. This rule works for children as well. Yikes I am going to be late getting the baby to gymnastics.
14.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
After being bad all last week (no gym and i ate horribly) this week i *have* to be good... my wedding dress is coming in!!!!!!!!!
32.gif

I went to the gym last night and... RAN! Now, you have to understand, i HATE HATE HATE running. It totally kills my knees, so i usually stick with lower impact stuff like the eliptical, but after reading about about AmberG was giving running a shot even with her bad knee, i said i can do it too!
9.gif
So i walked a lap, ran a lap, walked a lap, ran a lap and a half, walked a lap, ran a lap and a half and walked a lap, ran a lap for a total of 2 miles in just under 30 minutes. I know, not a great time, but ive never been able to run fast... im more of a slow jogger... which is funny considering i have legs that are 5 feet long.
20.gif

Mata - Did you see the exercises i posted a while back in the workout thread after you asked about things to do without a gym? Good job with the swimming!

AChiO - Scuba lessons sound fun!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hey girls - good job everyone, and njc, I am so flattered that I actually inspired someone to do something
9.gif

I had my WW weigh-in this morning, and I was kind of bummed because I was really bloated, and so the scale said I had gained 1.5 lbs since I last weighed myself on Saturday (I cheated - you''re only supposed to weigh yourself once a week), which is still 1.5 lbs down total for the week, so I guess its not that bad in the scheme of things, although I think the amount I''ve actually lost is closer to the Saturday weight - my parents even noticed this past weekend. But I stuck with entering the higher weight officially, which puts me 6 lbs down total over 3 weeks, which I think is a healthy rate of loss, and puts me on track to lose my 20 lbs by the time we go visit FI''s family this summer.

I am also going to re-start the running thing either this week or next week, so I will keep you ladies posted on how that goes as well.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results