shape
carat
color
clarity

Daily Workout Thread 4/27

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning to all the LIW! I am soo proud of how well everyone is doing.
36.gif
I think it is awesome that ya’ll are losing weight! Yea!!!!
1.gif
I just want to thank everyone who post on this thread, it gives me the motivation I need not to run down to the corner store and gorge myself on diet coke and now&laters.
I did my five miles last night and I even ran bits of it, I am hoping to work up to running the entire thing without stopping. I also tried to do my Firm3 tape one again and I am really struggling with those dance moves.
20.gif
I have however managed to trip over my feet and provide my workout buddy with some good laughs. I am ashamed to admit that I over slept this morning
32.gif
and did not go to the gym. I guess my body wanted more then 2hrs of sleep. I hope everyone else is doing better then I am. Have a great day, and I will re-post when I exercise.
35.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
FI and I are still working on cleaning out our old apartment, so thats been cutting into my gym time a little bit this week... but hopefully today will be it!

Last night, after loading up the cars at the apartment, i did the eliptical for 10 minutes and then did a decent shoulder/back/ab workout. The gym was really crowded and FI couldnt get on a treadmill, so i had to cut my cardio short. He really doesnt understand that the cardio is what i really need to do to burn the fat that has permanently attached itself to my thighs. I can feel the muscle and see some definition in places, but theres still plenty hidden under all that fat.

Every time we go to the gym hes like "quick run and then weights, okay?" and i have to go "No, im doing 30 minutes and then weights." So by the time im just getting into my lifting, hes finished and ready to go home. It was kinda funny, the other day he said, "im going to start driving seperatly" i guess thinking i would be like NO! Dont do that!!! I said, "that sounds like a great idea because then i dont have to listen to you whine and complain when you are ready to go home and im not!"
3.gif

COME ON SKINNY HIPS! I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE!!! COME OUT AND PLAY!!!!
20.gif
39.gif
11.gif
9.gif
2.gif
10.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Matatora - Great progress! I think AmberGretchen posted about interval training being a great way to work up to running a full five miles.

njc - teeheehee... If your FI doesn''t like the idea of driving separately, then you can tell him if he''s ready to leave before you are that he can start walking home when he''s finished and you''ll pick him up along the way after you are done
2.gif

I have slightly exciting news! Last night I finally achieved double digit weight loss!!! When I weighed myself last night, I have lost exactly 10 lbs. since I started the nightly weigh-ins (@ 2 months ago). That is in addition to the 7 or 8 lbs. I lost when I was sick this past winter. So overall, it is actually around 17 or 18 lbs., but officially it is only 10 on my Excel *pre-engagement healthy weight goal* spreadsheet. Health wise, I still need to lose at least 30 more lbs. Then, I am hoping I can lose an additional 10 or 20 lbs. before I would have to try on wedding dresses.
9.gif

I still have an awful cough and I am taking cough med. and cough drops. I have tried to work out a little, but breathing is still tough and I have to stop because I am coughing so hard. I have been doing extra walking when possible. I think the main reason I have been able to lose weight so far is because I have really concentrated on eating smaller portions of food and not snacking at work. Plus, I have a lot of weight to lose. Can''t wait until I can add some hard-core, calorie burning workouts to my weeks!!

Good luck to everyone for a productive and rewarding week!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
BG...Congratulations on your progress!!
36.gif

I''m actually not working out today as I have that appointment with the temp agency. Wish me luck!! I did, however, take a 2 mile walk with my husband last night. OUr neighborhood is VERY hilly so we got our exercise worth...

Maybe I''ll work out after my appointment...we''ll see what kind of mood I''ll be in.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
BG take it easy if you are sick with a cough...Greg gave me that cold that is going around and I really wanted to go to class last nite but I knew I would just be killing myself, today my cold is in the advanced gross cough stage so doubt I will go tonite either...ugh! But it''s better than overdoing it and prolonging the cold!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Mara, I am trying! I caught the cold around the weekend of April 9/10th. Then the following week (April 10th thru 15th) was one of the most stressful ones that I have had in a while. The infection really set in
7.gif
and I have had this terrible cough for 2 weeks. I''m really getting antsy to get back to normal!
2.gif

You be careful, too, because you definitely don''t want your infection to progress as far as mine did!!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot to add: GOOD LUCK AChiOAlumna ! ! !
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
BG- Congrats!!!! WOW you are really kicking ass!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

AChiO- Good Luck, you are in our prayers.

Wow...I wonder if we are traded germs here...No one I knwo has been sick but I have bronchitus (sp) and God knows what else. My fever broke last night but was back up to 104 this morning. I cannot wait to see a DR off campus so I can hear something other then take tylenol. On an up note the pain meeds they gave me are making my ears and foot feel lots better.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Matadora, BG & Mara...get better soon!! Having a cold or flu that prolongs itself is REALLY a damper on anything you try to do!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes...I went to the temp agency and spent 2-1/2 hours there!! Between paperwork, interviews and computer-based tests it was a LONG morning!! The sad part was that (not to toot my own horn here) I''m way too qualified!! I have a Master''s Degree and State Licensure as a therapist...the tests seemed simple and at times, remedial... I have to remember this is temporary and is giving me the opportunity to make ends meet while I build up my practice...

Probably won''t work out today...probably will take another 2 mile walk tonight...

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Yay - go everyone. BG - that is great news about the weight loss - I am planning to try to reward myself with stuff that I really want when I hit major milestones like that - a massage, a pedicure, etc...

And then a BIG prize when I hit my goal (well OK maybe not that big but if I can convince FI it might involve diamonds)
31.gif

I skipped running intervals today to give my knee a break, but I did do an hour on the elliptical
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results