shape
carat
color
clarity

Daily Workout Thread 4/26

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Since there wasn''t one already posted, I thought I would start one (if that''s okay?!)
1.gif

I wasn''t going to workout today, but when I got the email that I''m practically unemployed, I decided I could either become depressed or do something about it...

I started with a scrambled egg breakfast and then I went to Curves, did my circuit and 200 crunches. I got on the scale and have even dropped a pound!! (every little bit helps)...then I came home and made an appointment with a temp agency. I have applications out for full-time positions, but there are specific selection procedures and it could be a month before I even get an interview!! (They are college jobs)...so I decided to at least feel productive and make some money to supplement my husband''s income until I get another job...

I HATE
29.gif
sitting around all day doing nothing when I feel I should be doing something!!!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I had my trainer this morning but it wasn''t a particularly hard workout. I need to get back into cardio. I bought a jump rope, so maybe I will try it tomorrow.

It''s hard to sit around all day. I find that that''s when I eat. Not because I''m hungry, but because I''m bored.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I stayed at the computer lab last night until midnight so when I did my 5miles (alone
39.gif
) it took me about 15min longer then it normally does becuase I was tired and not really trying. This morning I hit the gym and did an hour on the eleptical machine and left. Still no weights. I feel bad, and know that I am making excues. Worse yet it is dead week so I am on my butt most of the day studying and working problems. And yes I have eaten an entire box of granloa bars in three days. I have lost my desire for "real food" and I have been living of granloa bars fruit rollups and tons water. I cannot wait to be done with this semester and get back on track with lifting. Thanks AchiO for starting the thread today!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OK, so first, thanks to AChiO for starting the thread today and congrats on the weight loss - you are right, every little bit is important.

Report from week one on WW: I have lost 1.5 lbs. Not a lot, but it is definitely real - I can see it, and I think I am gaining muscle too which will mean I''m losing a bit less for now, because I can definitely see more definition too and my clothes feel a bit looser. So all in all, pretty good. I also started my "get back into running" program yesterday, and so I am incredibly sore today even though it was only a little bit to begin with because my knee won''t tolerate any more than a little bit. I will be going to the gym again tonight after class, and repeating my 30 intense minutes on the elliptical followed by running/walking intervals, although I think I will stretch a little more afterwards this time.

Amma - I agree about the boredom, hence I am working on biochemistry problem sets (whimper) at my lab today rather than at home, to reduce the chances of boredom-related eating.

AChiO - I hope you won''t think me presumptuous but I have a couple of thoughts about how to use some of that time productively. One option might be to do some work with a charity or non-profit, which, if selected carefully, could boost your employment prospects, and at the very least wouldn''t hurt them. The options are pretty much endless so there''s definitely something that would suit your skills and interests. Another option is to take up a new hobby of some kind. Last time I felt that way I took up running - it was something I had always admired when people could do but never thought I could do myself, and at my peak I had gotten up to running 5 miles at a time. I know that doesn''t sound huge, but it was an enormous achievement for me and it feels so good to set a goal like that and accomplish it. Other interesting hobbies might be art-related, or working on DIY projects to fix up your house (also can be good exercise), or taking an online course or a course at a community college in something that interests you and/or could boost your career prospects. Anyway, as I said, feel free to ignore these ideas I wasn''t trying to be pushy, I just wish that someone had suggested some of them to me when I was in similar situations
1.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
AG...thanks for your suggestions!! I never find suggestions pushy when they are from the heart....I have been doing some of what you''ve been suggesting (DIY projects, etc.); however, what I really need is some income to pay the mortgage and 2nd mortgage on our house!! My DH''s income is plenty, but we have our bills and my income usually supplements the "fun" aspect of our relationship...

But in between jobs and while looking, you''ve got some great suggestions here and I will look into them! Thanks for thinking of me!!!
1.gif

Also...you''re welcome to everyone!! I look forward to this thread every day so I''m glad I could be of help!!
35.gif

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
I worked out and walked today... but I am just starving!! I have been starving for days now. It doesn''t matter how much I eat, either. My wedding is in four days, so does anyone have any advice so that I don''t blow up right before???

It must be the stress of the wedding being so close!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
No carbionated anything and avoid products heavy in yeast as they can cause bloating.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I would also avoid anything with salt as it could add to water retention & increase the bloat problem...

And, unfortunately, stay away from the alcohol as that can increase bloating as well (at least until the day of the wedding!!)

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
I''m not a big drinker, so I''m okay there.

But...I do bloat really bad. I am bloated almost every day. I ate a frito pie at work last week (corn chips covered in chili with the toppings), and I hurt for days. Then, I made my fiance corn chowder, and it made me sick for a week!!

Can I still eat lots of cheese??

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
No, cheese has tons of salt and fat. You could probably eat a little piece everyday.

Here are some great foods to eat (from the Hungry Girl website):
HUNGRY GIRL''S TOP ATE

"Top Ate" Bloat-Busting Foods
1. Cucumbers
2. Oranges
3. Celery
4. Parsley
5. Tea
6. Eggplant
7. Garlic
8. Peppermint

And here''s another site with great information: http://www.gmhc.org/health/nutrition/factsheets/bloat.html

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I already ate a piece of cheese, but I''ll stay away from it tomorrow.

I usually know when I eat something that it is going to cause me pain... but some of those foods are sooo good. My fiance will see me about to eat something that makes me sick, and he will say..."I don''t want to hear about it"... but he always has to hear about it anyway.

Why do the things so bad for you taste so good??

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2005 11:23:45 PM
Author: windy1365

Why do the things so bad for you taste so good??

Ahhhh...the question of the century!!! My guess is that the "good" stuff has all the things in it that are bad for you....sounds like the "chicken or the egg" syndrome?! LOL
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results