shape
carat
color
clarity

Daily Workout Thread 4/13

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning Ladies! Today was shoulders and abs and I am whipped! Woo woo! I was back on the treadmill this morning and I up my incline by.5 today. Have a great day everybody!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I, again, did nothing. Some slump I''m in! It''s horrible. My trainer is coming again tommorrow so at least I know that I''ll go then.

I''m going to cancel my delivery diet. They keep messing up and giving me things I specifically asked them not to. So, because of that, I couldn''t eat my breakfast and got to the place where I usually get coffee in the morning starving. Of course, that bagel was screaming to me so I had it. I feel mildly sick now, so I think my body is telling me that carbs are bad, bad, bad for me in the morning. (At least bad carbs).

So, now that I''m canceling my diet, I have to again try to find the healthy way to eat on my own. So difficult!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
amm - we are slacker twins! After work i couldnt talk myself into the gym at all. I told myself i would go home and start packing and do some situps... i did nothing except take a nap, eat dinner and then go to bed!
14.gif

Mata - good jump on uping the cardio... i noticed my usual settings on the eliptical were getting really easy last week, so i had to up em!

SEND ME AND AMM SOME MOTIVATION!!!!
9.gif
emrainbow.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies, great job all around!!!
36.gif
Sounds like everyone is mixing it up a bit.

Matatora and njc - kicking it up a notch in cardio, nice job!

ammayernyc - The call of carbs, I know it well!! A sourdough bread bowl for my soup was calling me at lunch today and I went for it! So many carbs, but man oh man was it good
9.gif
I think you will do really well off of the delivered meal service. The service showed you what types of food choices to make and portion sizes. Did they give you any recipes? If you are ever looking for new recipe ideas, I know there are a lot of low-carb recipe books. My sister has the Atkins recipe book and has liked a couple of the meals she has tried.

Thank you everyone who suggested exercises for me to try! I''ve tried a few, but I have been sick since last Saturday and have not felt well enough for a full workout yet. I think it is a cold on top of allergies. My stressful week has not helped me to get well. I have had complications with preparing my taxes that I have been dealing with over the past few weeks, and I have been working many hours solidly on them for the past 5 days. Hopefully it will all be sorted out today (it has to be
3.gif
) And this Friday I will be taking an 8 hour licensing exam (for work) which I already know that I will not pass. It has a 65% failure rate, and because the job that I do is in such a specific area and the test is very general, I will not be nearly as prepared as most of the other applicants. The exam is graded on a Bell Curve. The other applicants are going to hate me because I don''t think I will be well by the test and I will be coughing and making a lot of distracting noise
20.gif
I also have a work project that is supposed to be complete by Friday, or Thursday for me since I have to take Friday off to take the exam. So I may have to work late today and tomorrow. Also, there is a fun project I am supposed to be helping my friend with. Ooopps, enough of my rambling
2.gif
I know everyone is just as busy! I just hate being sick!!!

Good luck everyone
35.gif
Do some extra cardio for me since it will probably be at least 3 or 4 more days until I do any!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Boy, why can''t fitness and weight loss be easier
33.gif
?

Funny how we usually have a good idea of what works- consistent exercise in the fat-burning range combined with a diet rich in vegetables, fruits, fiber, protein- basically "whole foods" vs processed and yet it still doesn''t come easy for me......

In my quest for consistent exercise I went to the gym on my lunch hour and worked out for a 1/2 hour, a little shorter than usual but I''m still feeling last night''s class. Food wise, I''m finding the WW Core program to be rather easy, even for a compulsive over-eater such as myself. I''m going to buy an extra kitchen timer to keep in my office so i can set it for 20 minutes after I eat my meal- in 20 mins if I''m still craving something sweet, then I''ll allow myself an extra snack...I thought i would have trouble gauging when I''m full and would eat beyond that, but so far so good!

Ammayer- I think getting off the delivered meals to concentrate on what will work long-term for you is a great thing! Anyone i know who lost weight either on Zone Delivery or Jenny Craig gained it back once they stopped w/the pre-packaged food...kind of like Oprah''s weight loss on the liquid diet, once "real food" enters the picture the scale starts to creep up again!

Buena- nothing like a little stress? Between the illness, the job craziness and all your other stuff- try to take a few minutes out for YOU, cause otherwise you''ll lose your mind. And if you DO pass the exam then I say you get to buy yourself a something special...maybe Daniel K
3.gif

Matatora- great job! Thanks for the on-going motivation!!!

Have a great one, all!!!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Well just finished my video workout but didn''t make it to the gym for any extra cardio today. I''ve got an exam in the morning so concentrating on studying today and will have more time for gym after my exam...

The really good news is that I''m down 7 pounds since March 17th!!! YAY!!! I have so much farther to go, but I''m trying to remember to take it all one day at a time. And I realize the scale isn''t the best indication, but I still use it in conjunction with my tape measure and how my clothes are fitting. Okay, now I gotta go study espanol...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results