shape
carat
color
clarity

DAILY WORKOUT THREAD 3/30

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all. Thanks for the great words of support in yesterday''s workout thread. I am feeling a bit better today -- although, I did go out to dinner last night and had three glasses of wine and some peaking duck. But, I didn''t have a lot. And my bf at 75% or more of the three apps we ordered. Sometimes I hate him. He can eat so much, he never exercises and maybe he''ll gain a couple of pounds. So not fair.

I saw my trainer this morning so I got in an hour workout. Mostly weight, although maybe 10 minutes of cardio. I asked him for advice on doing cardio and he said that I need to ''mix it up.'' True, but so frustrating. I don''t belong to a gym that has classes so the only option is to do stuff myself. I''m thinking of buying a jump rope and doing some circuit training, but I don''t know if I have the discipline for that. My trainer wants me to do kickboxing with him, but I want to keep doing weights since I usually stop with the weights when it hurts on my own instead of finished up the set.

I guess I''m also freaking out since I''m turning 30 in three weeks from today. I''m trying not to let it bother me, but I never would have expected to be where I am today 5-10 years ago. It''s scary not to have a security plan...

Happy hump day!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry you were having such a rough day yesterday. Its tough, but we gotta hang in there! Im fighting the "need to change it up" thing right now too. I know i need to, but i dont want to! I like the eliptical.

I skipped on the gym last night. I was too tired and stressed out over work, the wedding and getting everything done with closing on/moving in our townhouse. FI went by himself and before he left, he came up to me and said, "Look how ripped my legs are getting just from running." My reply was something like, "I hate you, you b@st@rd." IM the one trying to work on my legs/lower body... IM the one that has been doing squats and lunges and other horrible things. I hate boys and their, if i dont drink a soda, i can loose 10 pounds body.
11.gif

But back to the gym-grind today. Something good HAS to happen soon, right?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ammayernyc- i know it''s absolutely maddening that guys can eat tons and not gain a pound, but it IS reality. with the greater muscle mass, they just naturally burn a lot more calories. however, just remember that a low weight does not mean healthy! with your dedication to exercise, you''re most likely healthier than your (hypothetical) size 2 friend with a crazy metabolism who lives on junk food on the couch.

even though my bf is not overweight, he doesn''t get enough exercise either lately. so i worry about him a little... it''s some important for your heart and overall health!

i only weigh a bit over 100 (i''m quite petite! so not super skinny), but it takes a lot more effort on my part than it does for some of my friends who are lucky enough to eat garbage and still be thin. but in a way, i think of it as a blessing. i exercise everyday and am well known among my pals for not eating sugar or other white stuff (and i get a lot of crap about it!), but i know i''m taking really good care of my body. if i could eat whatever i wanted and stay this size, i probably would! and i would be putting things in my body that are not healthy. it took me a long while to get to the point where i consistently just don''t care anymore about garbage food. my one real indulgence now is pizza when i go home... and it''s so worth it
9.gif

anyway, try not to get discouraged! i know you don''t feel comfortable in your body right now, which sucks... but do know that you are taking good care of yourself too! keep up the good work
36.gif
success comes in not giving up!

oh yeah, i did ~35 min on the nordic track earlier... and i will try to get in some pilates later depending on how the studying is going!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
NJC -- that was so funny that I almost caused a scene. I can''t tell you how many male friends have lost some weight and when I asked what they did they told me that they stopped drinking Coke. If only it were that easy!!!

ky6

Shiny_Rock
hi ladies-
I haven''t posted in a while. The whole lack of e ring thing has gotten me down. I still lurked, but I guess I thought if I wasn''t posting it would help. I am so happy for all of the ladies who have graduated lately.

I figure this is a good spot for me to start posting again. I really need the accountability in working out. Plus, I figure if I can work towards becoming happier about my physical appearance that will help with the unhappiness in other areas.

I am 5''7'''' and weigh 160 (that should make a lot of people on here feel better!). I have gained 30 pounds since bf and I started dating 14 months ago. I got up this morning and grabbed my basic black skirt suit (haven''t worn in a while, due to cold weather) and it was too tight! It was the one I bought in a sz. 12 last summer to accomodate my expanding backside (and all sides
25.gif
). But last weekend, when I went to get purchase an Easter suit, I had to get a sz.14, so this morning shouldn''t have come as such a shock to me.

I have been working out and eating healthier for 2.5 months now and have seen only a few pounds difference. This is so depressing for me. I have been a sz 8 or smaller until bf came into my life. And I have those (silly, I know) thoughts that maybe the e ring would come sooner if I weren''t so fat.

Anyhow, all that aside- I know I should focus more on this right now (and less on where/when e ring is) and try to restore some peace to myself. (who knew, waiting for an e ring could make you so crazy???).

Thanks for listening. And in keeping with the topic- I went to weight training yesterday. I have the gym bag in my car ready for cardio kickboxing tonight. Lets hope I do not get sidetracked (or create some clever excuse not to go).

Btw, windy. I am 5''7 1/2". I have been at your weight (in high school was very thin and very athletic). It is not a healthy adult weight for you (no matter your bone structure). When I was in college I averaged 125-130. I had 11% body fat and small bone structure. It became of great concern to many loved ones, who questioned me about my body image health. I was also at a health fair with my mother and the trainers there testing body fat were shocked I had not gone through ammenoreah (loss of mentruation). That is a sure sign that your weight is too low. Please be careful, it sounds as though you may not have a realistic view of your body. If you are healthy, great...just be careful not to take it too far (this can lead to fertility problems!). Perhaps, making an appointment with your physician to discuss an appropriate weight for you may help. If you are in a target/healthy zone, it will help ease your fi''s mind. If not, it might help you to understand where you should be.
It is just a caring suggestion. Please do not take it as an attack.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome back ky6!

I think you and I are so similar with the weight issues. I''ve been living my life recently in a series of ''if only I were thinner I would, could...'' or ''when I am thinner I will...''
Horrible, but a fact.
I think I''m going away in May, so if I''m not bathing-suit ready close to then, I''m going to lock myself in a room with only water... maybe then some of the weight will come off ! (jk)

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Where are you going in May? The part about wearing a muumuu resonates with me. The thought of swimsuit season scares the bejeezes out of me! But you know, I would give anything to be back down to a sz 10 :) So, I guess it is all relative. Just try to stay motivated (and I will too!) and we will have to remember that if we are eating healthy and getting an appropriate amount of exercise then that is just what are bodies are meant to be. And we will just have to be happy with that!

Anyhow, we have 2 wonderful men who love us just as we are (sounds so bridget jones).

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I am going to the Bahamas. And I just found out that three other couple are going to be there which, for some reason, makes me very nervous... I could handle being alone with my bf in my yucky state... but all those other guys and gals... ugh!

ky6

Shiny_Rock
The Bahamas!!! Ooooh, I am so jealous. I understand that there is a certain level of anxiety now that you will be spending your holiday with other couples. But just get some great sarongs (I personally live for cabana pants in the summer- sheer black are perfect and make me feel less self conscious) and remember the other girls have their own insecurities and hang ups about their own bodies and probably envy something fabulous about you.

Stay motivated and keep us posted.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I just went jogging with the dog for 10 minutes...

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Appletini...still counts! Alot of DR''s think that 10 min a day is enough to make a huge diffrence over a year or so!
Everyone- Keep up the good work....sorry about starting (for a 2nd time) the thread oops!

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Got off work late, so I didn''t make it to my cardio kickboxing class. So after dinner bf and I took 2 of the dogs for a very brisk 35 minute walk. Afterward, I did several sets of various ab exercises.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Ammayer - I posted a little thing for you in the "workout thread 3/29" for you, I didn''t see this thread until afterwards! Take care
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results