shape
carat
color
clarity

Daily Workout Thread 3/24

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
35.gif
Good Morning Ladies! I skipped out yesterday (studying
34.gif
, no slee
24.gif
p, not awake enough to drive to the gym safely
14.gif
5.gif
). This mornign I did 40 minutes on the eleptical machine and then did upper arms and abs for my weights today. I hope everybody is enjoying theri workouts!
36.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Great job Matadora!

I skipped the gym yesterday too. Cuddling with my two boys (bf and kitty) seem more important than getting out of bed to go work out.

I did my treadmill interval workout for an hour this morning. It felt good to workout. However, my left achillies tendon is killing me. It hurts to walk. I knew that I probably should have stopped working out when it was hurting me this morning, but I just wanted to finish my routine. I took some Advil so it feels a little better, but I''m thinking I might have to go swimming tomorrow instead of the treadmill. Eventhough I don''t need to go outside to go to the gym (it''s in my building), I still hate swimming when it''s cold out! Snow... at the end of March. I hate this!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Yea for you!!! I am a chicken if soemthing hurts I am all too happy to go and get little heat pads for it. I hope your ankle feels better soon in the mean time you can get your BF to pamper you while you play with the kitten.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies!!

I''ve been kinda MIA lately... went to visit my family during the latter part of spring break and then so so so busy since then...

But, I have been working out every single day!!! When I went out of town I borrowed a friends workout DVDs that she got from an infomercial since I wouldn''t be able to go to my gym & let me tell you, those videos completely kicked my a$$!!!!! Since I''d been going to the gym so consistently I wasn''t really expecting them (from an infomercial no less) to be so challenging, but I was very very wrong..... I did so many lunges & squats that I really thought my legs were on fire (and I HATE lunges...).

And, to top all that off, my diet has been totally clean. No junk, none!!!

Anyhow, that''s my report for today, or the last week or two....

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Teebee
Just curious, which videos were they. I am wanting to get something I can do at home when I don''t make it to my cardio classes.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry KY6 ~ I just now noticed your reply!!

Anyhow... the videos are 'Slim in 6' and it's the same company that does 'Power90' & 'YogaBootyBallet'. I'd seen the infomercials but hadn't paid much attention but my friend has done the SI6, Slim Series (which is like a 6 workout followup to SI6), P90, and is now doing P90X and she looks absolutely phenomenal ~ seriously, she has a totally defined 6-pack and a year ago she was fairly overweight.

The SI6 dvd's she lent me has 3 workouts: 24 minutes, 47 minutes, and 58 minutes plus an abs routine and a stretching routine. I've been alternating between the 47 and 58 minute workouts depending on how much time & energy I've got. I've been enjoying working out at home for a change, although I have almost ZERO room to do so. I'll probably keep using these for a while, until I get bored, because they really are pretty tough (at least for me, I've gotten so out of shape). Plus, I think this summer I willl be taking classes from a different university via the internet so I may not have a 'free' gym to go to until the fall semester so I'm happy to have some alternatives if that happens!!! Sorry for rambling!!

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Oh I saw those infomercials a few weeks ago. They were on one morning when I went into work late due to the weather (ok, so maybe it was more than a few weeks ago.) Anyhow, I went to their website and checked it out. It is not a bad deal, and with your and your friends experiences with them, I decided to bite the bullet and get them. I really need something effective to do at home. Thanks for your reply.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Cool!! I hope you like them ~ I''m always kind of leery of making recommendations for fear that someone will have a completely negative experience... But, if you don''t like the videos you can always return them. I guess the only ''negative'' thing I''ve come across is that they are pretty bare bones as far as production goes but I don''t really care about that kinda thing as long as I''m getting a good workout. I''ve got a wedding dress to keep me motivated so an elaborate set & production aren''t all that necessary. OH, forgot to ask: do you have or did you order the resistance bands? She uses them in the 2 longer workouts. If not, just use some dumbbells. I have the bands but have been using dumbbells instead because I like to be able to precisely measure my strength progression which I can''t do very well with the bands...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results