shape
carat
color
clarity

Daily Workout Thread 3/21

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
This morning went well I think! I did 10 minutes on the stair climber and 30 minutes on the treadmill before doing my hour of weight training and abs! Today was a back day I dont feel lit yet but I hav ethe nasty feeling I will later it the day after having been in class. Good morning Ladies I hope ya''ll have great days!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh, is it really Monday? So tired...

I did my interval treadmill workout this morning as usual. But I bumped it up to 1 hour. According to the calorie counter, I burned over 500 calories... but I''m never sure how accurate those are. I have my trainer tomorrow so I''ll get my weights in. But I think that I''m going to start crosstraining soon. I just don''t want to get burnout...

Hope you all had great weekends!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I''m very proud of you both- I overslept & didn''t make it to the gym this am and now I feel sluggish
8.gif
Even BF mentioned he sees a difference in my mood & outlook after I''ve been to the gym! I need to remember that...

This has got to be the week to start my weight training & after this weekend of comfort food (I have a bad cold so I head for the bad food) I need to get some control on the overeating and poor food choices!

I didn''t go back to WW, I couldn''t stand the idea of having to keep track of the points again, but I know that it works so I guess it''s still an option.....

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Made it to the gym Friday after work and had a great workout. Did my 30 min eliptical thing, followed by some weights with the FI (shoulders and back i think?). Also did some stomach stuff.

Saturday morning got up and did my leg workout. Ran for 6 min on the treadmill for a warmup and then did squats, lunges and step ups. Rounded it all out with some crunches. The leg workouts really kill me for some reason. I feel great, but its exhausting!

Didnt make it yesterday... Took a little longer than planned to come home from my parents house, then we had to wash clothes (laundry mat) and by the time that was done it was 7pm and i was exhausted! My neice also gave me the GS cookies i ordered from her... ate a few too many of them!
20.gif

Dont think i will make it tonite either... have to go back to my parents to meet with the pastor who will be performing our ceremony. Its kinda like a mini counsiling thing. Its only a 30 min drive, but we will have to make it during rush hour which means at least 2 hours. Traffic is crazy here!

So tuesday definitely and wednesday i have another trainer session. Keep up the good work ladies!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
NJC: You are a real trooper for doing lunges...I think those are the worst, but they do have great results, but lots of soreness.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent progress ladies!!

My weekend was not as productive. I hurt my foot Friday night when my kleat caught the astroturf, so I kept going forward but the front of my foot did not.
7.gif
I think it was a slight sprain around the ball of the foot and under the arch. It looks a little black and blue in spots, like it might be bruised under the surface. Does this sound like a sprain, or do you think I strained something. Is it possible to just bruise the inside of your body?

Regardless, it still hurts a little to walk. I had planned on going to the gym tonight, but I am not sure what exercises to do. Also, even when I try to walk like normal, I still have a slight, noticeable limp. I would feel ridiculous limping around the gym, but I ate too much high calorie/high fat food this weekend and I would really like to burn some calories.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Good jobs ladies! You''re all doing fantatic!

Buena -- it might just be as simple as breaking some capilaries within your foot. It could just be a minor problem. See how much it hurts in the next day or two. If it still really hurts, go get it checked out by a doctor. My bf broke his leg and the only indication that anything was wrong was that it ached a little and there was a black and blue mark at the spot where it broke.

Try to find some sort of exercise where there is no pressure on your foot -- ie swimming.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
ammayernyc - Thanks, swimming sounds like my best option. Although, I dread wearing a swimsuit at a public place with lots of gym buff people around when I am this out of shape. I guess I''ll have to suck it up
2.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
buena...you can always wear shorts with your bathing suit. I hope you foot gets well soon!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the input Appletini and M!

I will definitely try to baby my foot. Considering what ammayernyc and M said, I may skip the gym tonight since I have not had a professional look at it yet. Maybe try swimming tomorrow? The thing is, my foot does not appear to be swollen. It is just sore and bruised looking, so I have no idea if it is serious enough that I should go to the doctor.

I may order the Swiss ball and book tonight so that I can at least get something accomplished. There was also a book that Amazon suggests buying with it that shows you Pilates that you can do with the ball. Has anyone tried anything like that before?

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
oh Buena, I''m sorry to hear about your foot!! You really should have it looked at, like ammeyer said sometimes it doesn''t look like much, or feel too bad, but it is actually a serious injury. It is really important to rest it and get the right advice- soft tissue injuries can take months to heal. I fell down the stairs way back in October (yes, it was my best Chevy Chase impersonation ever!) and my ankle hasn''t been right since. I want to do the two-day walk for breast cancer awareness in June but fear my ankle will make it impossible. Learn from my mistake and get it looked at now, while you can do the most good!

On an entirely different subject, I was buying Easter goodies for my niece at K-mart and I saw a "belly-washer" brand drink that had Buena Girl on top! I got it for her easter basket, we''ll get her hooked on Mucha Lucha in no time!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
31.gif

Date: 3/21/2005 10:30:41 AM
Author: fountainfairfax
I''m very proud of you both- I overslept & didn''t make it to the gym this am and now I feel sluggish
8.gif
Even BF mentioned he sees a difference in my mood & outlook after I''ve been to the gym! I need to remember that...

This has got to be the week to start my weight training & after this weekend of comfort food (I have a bad cold so I head for the bad food) I need to get some control on the overeating and poor food choices!

I didn''t go back to WW, I couldn''t stand the idea of having to keep track of the points again, but I know that it works so I guess it''s still an option.....
Your BF is right when you excercise your body releases certian hormones which up your mood and increase sexual desire...
31.gif
30.gif

Beuna Girl- Yes you can get a hematomia pretty much anywhere... I hope it feels better soon

Everyone!
36.gif
I am soo proud to be part of these little topics, it really helps me drag my but out of bed in the morning. See ya''ll in the morning!
35.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I had every intention of going to yoga, and then I didn''t feel like it, so I went shopping at Banana Republic instead and spent too much money. I did get some new pants for work (black and grey--the grey ones were on sale), and cute other top for fun...it was on sale too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results