shape
carat
color
clarity

Daily (non-) Workout Thread 5/2/05

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hi all - so I will definitely not be going to the gym today because I am SICK
7.gif
I HATE being sick!! I have a particularly nasty head cold with sore throat and a lot of congestion, but it seems to be compounding my allergies and my asthma, the last of which being why I''m not going to the gym today - I just don''t feel safe with how much difficulty I''m having breathing.

On the upside, I have no appetite whatsoever so keeping portion sizes down is no problem. And I got on the scale today and I am down a total 4 lbs in the approximately 2 weeks since I started WW, although I don''t know whether to count the weight I lost because I am sick - do you guys count this or not? I am tempted to since I think that as long as I am careful when I get my appetite back I will keep that weight off.

OK, thanks for letting me vent, and hopefully everyone else is having a better and more productive day then me!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Hope you're feeling better, but don't feel bad...

I'm not going today either, as much as I should. I came down with a raging migraine last night
32.gif
that kept me awake 1/2 the night...while my stomach is feeling better and it doesn't hurt to watch TV, I could not imagine trying to work out with a residual headache from last night's excruciating pain!!

I'll make sure to go tomorrow morning..maybe I'll do some AbSlides tonight at least?!

And yes...I count the weight ANY time...whether I'm sick or not!! So congrats to you for having lost those couple of pounds!! Every little bit helps!!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I''m lazy and haven''t gone in a week.
I''m just super discouraged since it doesn''t seem to matter if I go or not -- I basically have not lost that much weight.
I ate horribly this weekend since my bf was away. I''m like a closet eater. When he''s not around, I gorge myself. So bad.
I need a workout buddy so badly!!!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Is something in the air? I only worked out one day last week and skipped again this morning because I was up after midnight watching tv- maybe I should blow up my tv! and I eat out of control & then freak out later, yuck! I need counseling, not just a new diet!

oh, and I wish I had a work-out buddy too!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve set the alarm for 6:30 AM every morning with the intention of getting out of bed and working out. However, I''m lazy... I''ve been begging my bf to push me out of bed when the alarm gets on, but that''s his favorite cuddle time so 9 times out of 10 (okay, 10 times out of 10) he just rolls over and spoons... so no getting out of bed then!

I hate this!!!!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Oh i was so bad this weekend... totally ruined my work during the week.

I havent been since Thursday last week. Friday was filled with movie popcorn, beer, pizza, hot wings and french fries. I was pretty good during the day on Saturday, but that night was our engagement party and there was SO much good food. I dont think i ate too much though... too many people coming up to me and talking. Id just grab something as i walked by and had 3 small glasses of wine and some champagne... oh, and the chocolate cake! We brought the rest of it home with us too... hopefully FI will eat most of it! Sunday wasnt too bad, but im too tired to go to the gym tonite.
14.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh AG I am right there with you. Until I can stop coughing up blood I am not allowed in my gym! It is killing me. I feel basically okay minus the coughing and diziness....but still wouldnt exercise get me back on the right path? I dont blame them for not wanting me there....I just need a place to move in the mornings. I wish I was a guy then I would feel safe going while it was dark out.
On the upside it is FINALS WEEK...yippee
32.gif
I have three left, Adolescence, Sexuality and Statistics for Psych....
26.gif
Okay back to the books
34.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hey Matatora - have you been to the Dr. to get that checked out. I know its a long shot but coughing up blood can = tuberculosis...but more likely to be serious irritation from prolonged coughing. I have heard mixed things about exercising helping - I think that there are certain conditions that make it less helpful (such as asthma in my case - sometimes when I get sick my asthma isn''t affected, but when it is, its recommended I don''t exercise). I would imagine your coughing up blood falls into a similar category. That is good that finals are almost over - maybe you can get a little more rest. I have trouble sleeping but when I really need to I find that taking Benadryl (I know, sounds weird, but it works for my mom too) helps knock me out for the night - its sometimes worth it to get enough sleep, and helps with the allergies too.

Anyway, I am rambling a bit - but that''s definitely up there with symptoms that are a bit scary and should definitely be worked up by a medical professional.

On another note, I wish my finals were almost over - mine won''t be over until June 3rd
6.gif
On the other hand, once they are over, that''s basically the end of classes for me for good (except for "soft" stuff like Scientific Writing, and Ethics)
9.gif
Definitely something to look forward too...

Hope you (and I) feel better soon, and keep us updated!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I went to the Doc here, but i will go again when I get home...University health care is not the best. All they can find wrong with me is my fever and allergies. But my dad is a doc and I am certain he will know what to do. As for the Benedryl don’t feel weird, that is what the put in the "PM" medicines to help people fall asleep. Right now I am just hoping my books on tape get here in time for the drive. I am hoping to leave on firda right after my last final and drive straight through...about 19-21hrs. But as off as I have been feeling lately I wont get far with out my books! Yes I am a huge nerd.
34.gif
Thanks everyone for being so sweet, it is so nice!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hey - good luck on that drive home (I went to college across the country from my family so I spent a lot of time on airplanes, but I''m also a huge nerd - I can''t get on a plane without plenty of reading material...).

Also, I just wanted to share with the weight loss/workout board (hopefully everyone will see this even though its posted in yesterday''s thread) that I had my WW weigh-in this morning and I am down a total of 4.5 lbs
36.gif
I know some of this is because I have been sick but its still encouraging
1.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
AG....4.5 lbs!!! That''s wonderful!! Congrats on your achievement!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results