shape
carat
color
clarity

CvB Norah band: 7-stone, 5-stone, or full eternity?

What should I get?

• 7-stone with 0.15 OECs

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Full eternity 0.15 OECs

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • 5-stone with larger OECs, graduated

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been admiring the CvB Norah for over three years now, and I keep looking for something similar to satisfy the itch. I think it’s time I just get the real deal already.

I want the ring in platinum, and I prefer a more modest size for stacking. I think the proportions of the default offering on Etsy is great - roughly 0.15 each and 3.1 mm.

Question is, should I stick with the 7-stone? Upgrade to a full eternity? Or throw my ring stack plans out the window and go bigger with a graduated 5-stone?

The original Norah:

5-stone inspiration from JbG:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I chose 7 cause I'd be worried about damaging a full. But that's just me. If you aren't concerned about that, I'd go for the full.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I would go seven stone so you can size it, as well as deal with possible damage. also, that design has so many tiny little prongs that I think you would be asking to eventually damage something on the back.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I would go with the 7 stone - all same ish sizes as you said you like to stack. I am not very careful with my hands so an eternity is not practical not to mention the sizing.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I would go 9, maybe even 11. Total coverage without the added anxiety of damage to bottom stones.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I pretty much only do eternities since bands spin terribly on me. If that’s not a concern for you, then I’d go 7 for full top coverage. I love the Norah and CvB.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with others that 7, 9, or even 11 stones would be amazing.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will either the 7 stone or the 5 stone be replacing/competing for wear time with something you already own similar?

Where would 7 stone be coverage wise for your ring size?

Full eternity would be luxe and I just know I’d mangle anything like that pretty quickly- but if you know you aren’t meat hands - go for it!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all! I'm going to go with the 7-stone. I chatted with Caysie and she sold me on a slightly different gallery style. Basically it's the Norah from up top, but then you see the gallery and it's this stunning Victorian-Edwardian style, similar to her Maria three-stone gallery.

I chose 7 cause I'd be worried about damaging a full. But that's just me. If you aren't concerned about that, I'd go for the full.
Thank you!

I would go seven stone so you can size it, as well as deal with possible damage. also, that design has so many tiny little prongs that I think you would be asking to eventually damage something on the back.
That's a good point...

I would go with the 7 stone - all same ish sizes as you said you like to stack. I am not very careful with my hands so an eternity is not practical not to mention the sizing.
I really should give myself the sizing option in the future!

I would go 9, maybe even 11. Total coverage without the added anxiety of damage to bottom stones.
Good point!

I pretty much only do eternities since bands spin terribly on me. If that’s not a concern for you, then I’d go 7 for full top coverage. I love the Norah and CvB.
I guess that's the trade-off - spin but sizable vs. no spin issues, but no sizing...

I agree with others that 7, 9, or even 11 stones would be amazing.
I like the sound of lucky number 7!

Will either the 7 stone or the 5 stone be replacing/competing for wear time with something you already own similar?

Where would 7 stone be coverage wise for your ring size?

Full eternity would be luxe and I just know I’d mangle anything like that pretty quickly- but if you know you aren’t meat hands - go for it!
No competition! Most of my rings are size for my right hand, middle finger. This will be for my left hand, ring finger, which is 5.5. It'll be a balance between complete coverage without going so small that you can't tell they're OECs.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had the Norah 7 stone in platinum! I loved that band. Only owned for a short while because it did bug me that I didn’t do a full eternity. I ended up selling thinking I would have it remade...

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had the Norah 7 stone in platinum! I loved that band. Only owned for a short while because it did bug me that I didn’t do a full eternity. I ended up selling thinking I would have it remade...
I messaged you at the time! I always regretted not getting it. Regardless, maybe it was meant to be because I absolutely adore the gallery of the version that Caysie is making for me.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just saw this. So excited for you!

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I feel like I get to have my cake and eat it too.

This is the other one that Caysie is making me. I really love the idea of one on each hand. B5AB1382-A289-46E5-8CED-8529ACE2B61F.jpeg 15AC4313-2800-4FCC-8801-F224B64C4408.jpeg

So beautiful! Now you have options. One on each hand will be beautiful!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, how exciting! Two beautiful bands; the best of both worlds! Is the second band the Bianca by chance? I have ogled both the Norah and the Bianca so many times! Please report back with lots of photos as I can't wait to see these!!

This is the other one that Caysie is making me. I really love the idea of one on each hand. B5AB1382-A289-46E5-8CED-8529ACE2B61F.jpeg 15AC4313-2800-4FCC-8801-F224B64C4408.jpeg

You get to have two CvB Norahs?? Soooo jealous :halo:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops! Just saw you have decided! 7 is a great choice! Can't wait to see it!

Last edited:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, how exciting! Two beautiful bands; the best of both worlds! Is the second band the Bianca by chance? I have ogled both the Norah and the Bianca so many times! Please report back with lots of photos as I can't wait to see these!!
It’s a new one called Legacy! Caysie says it sits even lower than Norah. I probably won’t get it for months so Norah will keep me company while I wait.

You get to have two CvB Norahs?? Soooo jealous :halo:
I’m getting one Norah and one Legacy. They are pretty similar but at least one is yellow gold and the other will be platinum, respectively.

It’s a new one called Legacy! Caysie says it sits even lower than Norah. I probably won’t get it for months so Norah will keep me company while I wait.

I’m getting one Norah and one Legacy. They are pretty similar but at least one is yellow gold and the other will be platinum, respectively.

Uuuuugh that's even better! I'm even more jealous now :drool:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got the glamour shots from Caysie for the Norah! She’s en route for delivery next week. The OECs are antiques found and matched by Caysie.
DEDCFC23-724D-4628-9ACE-AB0353991ACD.jpeg
2D051291-ADC3-486C-B1FA-FDC29BDF0FFB.jpeg
FFF3599D-84BD-488E-AC03-865DD775A0F9.jpeg

She said Yoram is sourcing the rough for the OECs for the Legacy band she’s making for me. That’s going to be a much longer wait.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
That was quick production! Looks lovely!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow that’s gorgeous! Can not wait for hand shots!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So lovely, it's like a row of little crowns just waiting to adorn your finger.
Thank you! I think that’s why I’ve loved the Norah from afar for over three years now.

That was quick production! Looks lovely!
I got lucky and bought it from HS4S before Caysie sent it out, so I didn’t have a long wait!

Oh wow that’s gorgeous! Can not wait for hand shots!
Thank you! I hope it stays sunny here because I’m going to take a ton of pics!

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I think that’s why I’ve loved the Norah from afar for over three years now.

I got lucky and bought it from HS4S before Caysie sent it out, so I didn’t have a long wait!

Thank you! I hope it stays sunny here because I’m going to take a ton of pics!

Beautiful!! So happy you got ended up with this!! It looks beautiful. It was meant to be :)

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

Wowowowowowowow!!!! I love that side view, it’s stunning!! So unique

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay! Hand shots please!!!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Oh gosh how exciting!! I have admired the Norah band for a while now too. I can't wait till you get it :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results