shape
carat
color
clarity

For Sale CvB "Lyre" Custom Platinum French Cut Diamonds Setting, Semi-Mount

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
Finally deciding to purge and part with this lovely setting. Custom made by Caysie and her team @ CvB Inspired Designs.

Beautiful, SUBSTANTIAL platinum, French Cut diamonds, diamond melee setting with Lyre concept. Magnificently executed by Caysie and her team.

https://loupetroop.com/listings/settings/cvb-lyre-custom-platinum-setting-french-cut-diamonds

This ring just never worked for me. Unfortunately, I just couldn't afford to purchase a "proper" center diamond in which to call this setting home. This is a beautiful one-of-a-kind ring designed with several Art Nouveau c.1930s rings as inspiration.

Rarely worn. Hopefully, this ring will find a loving new home.

On consignment with Erica @ LAD

Thanks for looking!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Correct me if I’m wrong because I was following your journey with this setting. Did you ever reset it with a 1.9 diamond? If you did, it might help to share pics so we can visualize what it would look like with a stone.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
whoever gets this setting is a lucky duck. i hope whatever direction you decided to go in is bringing you joy!

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
Correct me if I’m wrong because I was following your journey with this setting. Did you ever reset it with a 1.9 diamond? If you did, it might help to share pics so we can visualize what it would look like with a stone.

Nala...I did reset the ring with that 1.91 OEC, I VVS diamond. Honestly, the diamond was/is beautiful, yet it proved a tad bit too small for this lovely setting. Ended up having way too much "negative" space around and under the diamond (if this makes sense) in the crown/head.

This is why the diamond remains and the setting goes. The Lyre Setting when set with a diamond is lovely but just too much bling for me (if that makes sense).

IF I do anything else, I'll likely go with a much more simplified solitaire setting that I can wear with different bands, including my much beloved original engagement/marriage Ben Moses custom platinum 11-diamond 1.50 carat band. Now I just wear my Ben Band solo. It's the only ring I really care about, only one that has any true meaning to me.

And NO...so much drama and all...I NEVER got photos of the Lyre Ring...ever.

But here is a photo of the Lyre setting and the original 2.43 OEC Diamond, Q/R, VS1 that is also for sale. This photo, of course was taken by Caysie:

IMG_5234.JPG

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
whoever gets this setting is a lucky duck. i hope whatever direction you decided to go in is bringing you joy!

Thank you for your kindness. Have you gone through phases when you think certain things are important, or what you want, only to realize differently? My main direction now is trying t recoup some of the money my husband put out on all this stuff. It's mind boggling how it all adds up, isn't it? We're not hurting right now but...it's all good!

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
Nala...I did reset the ring with that 1.91 OEC, I VVS diamond. Honestly, the diamond was/is beautiful, yet it proved a tad bit too small for this lovely setting. Ended up having way too much "negative" space around and under the diamond (if this makes sense) in the crown/head.

This is why the diamond remains and the setting goes. The Lyre Setting when set with a diamond is lovely but just too much bling for me (if that makes sense).

IF I do anything else, I'll likely go with a much more simplified solitaire setting that I can wear with different bands, including my much beloved original engagement/marriage Ben Moses custom platinum 11-diamond 1.50 carat band. Now I just wear my Ben Band solo. It's the only ring I really care about, only one that has any true meaning to me.

But here is a photo of the Lyre setting and the original 2.43 OEC Diamond, Q/R, VS1 that is also for sale. This photo, of course was taken by Caysie:

IMG_5234.JPG

As an aside, the brown parchment paper doesn't help much because it makes the 2.43 OEC look very very very coppery-brown, which it is not. The OEC has a lovely warm coppery glow. It is beautiful and I've contemplated just having another setting made for it...but the diamond is simply too big for my comfort zone. I LOVED this diamond in the Casablanca setting...still do to this day. But the entire sizes of the Casa ring and the Lyre ring were mistakes on my part...

Have had MANY inquiries on the 2.43 OEC...it will sell.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_5234.JPG
Talk about drama. Lol. I remember the thread bc I was one of the few dissenters who wanted to encourage you to insist on your vision with this ring. But as usual, I was outnumbered by certain posters who convinced you that your setting was your doing. FWIW, i don’t think it’s a case of too much bling. I think you were leaning toward an Art Deco setting and you shouldn’t be afraid to pursue that route. Maybe look for an authentic one. I find that true Art Deco rings are very subtle and sophisticated without being too blingy. No need to settle for A solitaire.

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
Pushing through photos in all sorts of files on my iPhone, MacBook...I am so so bad at this photo stuff. Look at what I found! A pic of the Lyre Setting with a diamond. Update Loupe Troop! Thanks, Nala for the help!

IMG_5280.jpeg

Forgive my ugly, old wrinkled hands. Here is the Lyre with the 1.91 OEC I, VSS and my Platinum & Diamond 1.25 tcw band that is currently for sale also on Loupe Troop (via Erica @ LAD). This is right after I had the 1.91 OEC set in the Lyre at a jewelry store in Ann Arbor. Rarely wore the Lyre setting...

Last edited:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your kindness. Have you gone through phases when you think certain things are important, or what you want, only to realize differently? My main direction now is trying t recoup some of the money my husband put out on all this stuff. It's mind boggling how it all adds up, isn't it? We're not hurting right now but...it's all good!

yes, absolutely. i go through short-term obsessions and then look back and realize they were so silly. i thought it was genetic as my mom would get really into random hobbies of collecting this or that for a year or two and then drop it. the only thing that saves me is i don't like having a lot of "stuff" so i try to make sure i 1) really want it 2) will really use it and 3) don't have anything else that can substitute for it. :lol: sending lots of dust your way.

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
Nala...thank you for posting & for understanding. Yes, there is something about the "old" settings that really speaks to my heart (versus the replicas from inspiration photos, etc). Problem is...I oftentimes find the true genuine old settings, of course understandably due to their age, come with fragility and structural problems, thus requiring restoration!

bludiva...thank you thank you! Now I feel somewhat less dysfunctional!

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
yes, absolutely. i go through short-term obsessions and then look back and realize they were so silly. i thought it was genetic as my mom would get really into random hobbies of collecting this or that for a year or two and then drop it. the only thing that saves me is i don't like having a lot of "stuff" so i try to make sure i 1) really want it 2) will really use it and 3) don't have anything else that can substitute for it. :lol: sending lots of dust your way.

You are so kind...thank you! Yes, believe-it-or-not, I strive for a pretty "Zen" or simple life. PLUS...unused and unnecessary CLUTTER makes me crazy. I do believe it is important to have certain aesthetics around me...not necessarily expensive blingy ones-lolol.

Cannot remember who told me this but a very wise and kind PSer said, "You can like certain jewelry pieces, admire and love them...doesn't mean they will look good on you, or you are comfortable wearing them." Truer words were never spoken. Learned a lesson.

Makes DH crazy 'cause I get stuff, then just pass it on, pay it forward. My motto is "if I don't use it, wear it, see it, touch it, enjoy it, etc for a certain amount of time, I pay it forward."

That's why it kills me to see all this stuff sit in a jewelry box. It useless and meaningless.

My life is Blessed. I'd like to see others benefit from my mistakes. And I'd just like a much simpler, less flashy ring, IF ANYTHING AT ALL...if this makes sense!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to say I really appreciate your last post @tlfiore I was just speaking to someone about pausing for enough time to just be in a place of gratitude. We are all lucky to be able to create these little works of art and enjoy them. Also blessed to realized when we are caught up in the rush sometimes. Sounds like you are cleaning house and figuring out at the same time what works. I’ve done this many times over. Yes it can be an expensive process but we all get better with the experience.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the wisdom in this thread. Gratitude, zen, etc. A lady once told me, "you need to learn to appreciate beauty without having to own it." Still working on it...

Good luck @tlfiore! All of your pieces are beautiful!

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
I love the wisdom in this thread. Gratitude, zen, etc. A lady once told me, "you need to learn to appreciate beauty without having to own it." Still working on it...

Good luck @tlfiore! All of your pieces are beautiful!

You are an awesome person. Thank you for such a wonderful reply.

Last edited:

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to say I really appreciate your last post @tlfiore I was just speaking to someone about pausing for enough time to just be in a place of gratitude. We are all lucky to be able to create these little works of art and enjoy them. Also blessed to realized when we are caught up in the rush sometimes. Sounds like you are cleaning house and figuring out at the same time what works. I’ve done this many times over. Yes it can be an expensive process but we all get better with the experience.

Thank you so much for your kindness! It's almost silly or ironic for me to post such sentiments on a jewelry forum, where I came for advice and input on the minute details of a ring design. I love beautiful things, I really do! And I have come to totally appreciate and respect the art, the artists, and all the hard work behind such creations (I knew zero about jewelry design & production before PS). Jewelry creation & design truly is an art form and those who do it well are gifted.

But there's a balance to be had, right? So, that about says it. The bands and rings and settings and all of it just aren't that important to me right now!

Thanks again for being so kind!

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cannot remember who told me this but a very wise and kind PSer said, "You can like certain jewelry pieces, admire and love them...doesn't mean they will look good on you, or you are comfortable wearing them." Truer words were never spoken. Learned a lesson.

I really needed to read this today. Thank you so much for for the wisdom, ladies.

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
PRICE REDUCED!
Now selling for $1800.
This is about 50% less than what the custom setting cost to be made!
All offers will be considered!

This is a really beautiful setting. It just needs to find the right owner & the right center stone!

Just not feelin' it today! Hoping to quickly sell items, so I can just move on to a new project.

Reduced with Erica@LAD
Reduced on Loupe Troop
Reduced on Diamond Bistro.

Last edited:

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gosh this is gorgeous! Look at those details!

I wonder if I could find a gemstone to fit... (coz I can’t afford a diamond that size lol!)

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
@Crystal_Dreams I absolutely DO think you could find a lovely gemstone to fit this setting. I am not much of a jewelry wearer, so I haven't worn right hand rings in decades! But, I also thought about keeping the setting and purchasing a synthetic garnet, or sapphire, or citrine...even a Moissanite would be beautiful. And a lower color Moissanite would work because of all the antiquity and detailing in the ring...setting definitely doesn't lend itself to a bright white stone!

AND I AM FLEXIBLE ON THE PRICING!!!

Thanks for taking the time to post.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tlfiore- I had an idea. I wonder about marketing this to a music lover? The sides look like a cello or a guitar. Perhaps a listing on LT with "music lovers" as a title?

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
@soxfan THANK YOU for your input! The sides are lyres, which are ancient harps. So, yes I'm hoping a music lover may come along and snatch this thing up. I initially went with the lyre theme 'cause it symbolizes all sorts of romanticized Ancient Roman and Greek stuff...love, cherubs, angels, Heaven, the Arts, Literature, beauty, blah, blah, blah...dumb concept. sad :(( I figured there are so few ring setting on LT & DB, perhaps a music lover will see it. But you are correct...if I change the title, within a few days it will cache as "Music Lover," right? :think:

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I absolutely thought of my friend who is a harpist when I saw your gorgeous ring... too bad she isn’t much of a jewellery person, but it just spoke to me of her!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@cflutist know anyone who is into jewelry and harps?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a lovely ring and would definitely work with a colored gemstone! It would be a terrific right hand ring for someone.

I agree that we see so many beautiful rings on here, but many may not really fit our lifestyle. It's hard balancing our personal reality with our PS world. I see these big emerald cuts, etc. and wish I could pull it off, but I really can't. I am better off having multiple smaller rings. I have more jewelry than I actually wear, but I only justify having it because of all my girls!

Just know you're not alone. We see setting changes and diamond changes here all the time. It takes a few tries sometimes to get things how we want! Good luck with your selling!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@tlfiore - I think you are me, 10-20 years from now! I’m going deeper and deeper into PS and loving things and buying things and almost never wearing them, LOL! But I take them out and try them on and admire them! So they do make me feel happy but it does feel a little bit like a waste of money because I’m not wearing them... oh well. Anyways I enjoy reading your viewpoint. Dust for a quick sale and I hope whoever is lucky enough to benefit from your kindness will pay it forward!

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the support and encouragement everyone! Yes, my husband and I are having a mini-war right now (and have been since purchasing this setting last Fall 2017). He is disturbed I am parting with this CvB setting, which he personally helped design and pay for. :roll

He always loved the ring way more than I did. He also doesn't have to wear it (or not). It's alright. Someone who loves it will come along. Thank you everyone for your kindness!

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
@pearaffair @diamondseeker2006 I hear you both loud and clear! It's a difficult (and costly) lesson to learn; however not sure if you recall this whole "custom" thing started with the purchase of a pre-loved CvB Casablanca Setting that required a 2.43 +/- stone center. I procured such a diamond and just couldn't wear the darn thing. Really underestimated how size-sensitive and self-conscious I am about lots of bling. So, the custom setting idea came about. And I had concerns throughout the design process that the 2.43 STILL was not gonna work, custom setting or not...to much COLOR for a platinum setting, still TOO big! This is (sadly) where Caysie and I parted ways.

Enter a "new" diamond. Bought an expensive (uggghhh) 1.91 OEC and while beautiful, it did not work in the CvB Lyre...too small...but the diamond is gorgeous!

Thanks everyone...it will work out!

Last edited:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the support and encouragement everyone! Yes, my husband and I are having a mini-war right now (and have been since purchasing this setting last Fall 2017). He is disturbed I am parting with this CvB setting, which he personally helped design and pay for. :roll

He always loved the ring way more than I did. He also doesn't have to wear it (or not). It's alright. Someone who loves it will come along. Thank you everyone for your kindness!

Would you enjoy the lyre mount with a coloured stone in it? I’m going through a similar thing where I’ve discovered that a 1.5ct equivalent moissanite is too big for my lifestyle, but I’m considering putting an inexpensive garnet in there :)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS - apologies if you’ve already been asked about your thoughts in a CS in the lyre!

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
@pearaffair PLEASE do not apologize for interacting! This is fun, actually.

Yes, I've thought about using the Lyre Setting as a RHR. But...believe-it-or-not, I am NOT much of a jewelry wearer...never been that type, funds aside-lolol. I haven't worn a RHR in decades, which is why I've hoped for that special "engagement" type ring to wear with my beloved 1.60 ctw, 11-diamond, 3/4 antique platinum eternity band.

Casablanca.1.jpg

LOOK ABOVE! I NEVER wore the two together; however above is my CvB Casablanca with the 2.43 Q/R OEC...can you imagine??? LOOK at that diamond! That is my 2.43 Q/R with 11 x 15 pointers @ E/F/G, VS1, or clearer!

The 1.60 ctw 11-diamond Eternity Band was all hand-forged, drilled, cut, engraved, etc by a wonderful man in the NYC Diamond District, Ben Moses...this is pre-Victor Canera...probably before Victor was even born-lololol!

While not TOTALLY into the 21st century with Websites, YouTube, Video Cams, etc, Ben and his wonderful son are still going strong in NYC. You can see Ben and examples of his work, if you do a simple Google search!

The EB is special to me 'cause it's the ring my husband proposed with AND the story behind it is beautiful. I will never ever forget Ben Moses. We call the band "Our Ben Band." New York City days...happy happy bygone times. We just never could afford a solitaire to "stand up to/with" the Ben Band. The 11-stone is a monster and I primarily wear it alone. But...we shall see!

I am getting inquiries from folks who are asking about colored stones, RHR, etc regarding the Lyre. I think ANYTHING would be lovely in that setting for the right person...someone not as size sensitive as me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results