shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom proposal ring may not be so custom after all. ;(

Haine

Rough_Rock
A while (years) ago, my fiancé approached a local jeweller to make a custom proposal ring for me. They were given free reign with my ring, and provided with my pinterest, which they don't seem to have referenced much in the design. I did like the resultant classic design, so we went ahead with it. Recently, I hopped on their Facebook page again. They seem to have made the exact same ring, just in white gold. Now I feel like it's one of the default designs that they show their clients who aren't sure of what to choose. While I have not seen the same ring being worn by someone else, I feel a little cheated that my ring that I especially love for being made just for me, may be worn by at least a few other women out there. At the same time, I feel like I'm being silly about it. It's of course about who gave it to me, but it's really nagging me. Am I being ridiculous? :confused:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're not being ridiculous. I would feel the same way... What type of setting is it? If it's "very different," then I can see it making you a little more upset. However, if it's a pretty timeless style with a little "here and there" customization, then maybe not. Did you ask the jeweler not to duplicate it specifically? If not, then I would try to take it as a compliment of your good taste! [emoji1360]

Haine

Rough_Rock
msop04|1462129102|4025873 said:
You're not being ridiculous. I would feel the same way... What type of setting is it? If it's "very different," then I can see it making you a little more upset. However, if it's a pretty timeless style with a little "here and there" customization, then maybe not. Did you ask the jeweler not to duplicate it specifically? If not, then I would try to take it as a compliment of your good taste! [emoji1360]

It's classic from the top view but I feel the side profile is pretty unique. There are always designs with hearts around though. I did not request for him not to duplicate it. Ah well, maybe it's even one of my fiancé's friends who requested it. At least it's a design that will see me through the years well.

Got a new computer so I haven't transferred everything over yet. I screenshot these from my instagram. 8)

screen_shot_2016-05-02_at_3.png

screen_shot_2016-05-02_at_0.png

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate to say it but it seems like something you'll just have to get over. The fact they are making more doesn't take away from the fact that it was designed specifically for you. They own the design, they can use it as they please. Most designs are shown in their design gallery or recent work. Especially if it's beautiful, they'll want to use it as an example of their work.

All of these rings, for example, where designed for someone, but you or I could order an exact copy tomorrow.

Don't let it get you down. your ring is lovely.

Haine

Rough_Rock
Niel|1462129839|4025882 said:
I hate to say it but it seems like something you'll just have to get over. The fact they are making more doesn't take away from the fact that it was designed specifically for you. They own the design, they can use it as they please. Most designs are shown in their design gallery or recent work. Especially if it's beautiful, they'll want to use it as an example of their work.

All of these rings, for example, where designed for someone, but you or I could order an exact copy tomorrow.

Don't let it get you down. I'm sure your ring is lovely.

Thank you. I definitely agree that I just need to get over it. Probably just need an adjustment period. Like msop04 said, just take it as a compliment. ::)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haine|1462130016|4025885 said:

Thank you. I definitely agree that I just need to get over it. Probably just need an adjustment period. Like msop04 said, just take it as a compliment. ::)

Imitation is the highest form ::)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel said:

INDEED!! It's a very pretty ring, so of course the jeweler knew others would want one! [emoji4] But YOU know yours is the original! You should ask him to name it after you! #noshame [emoji12]

Haine

Rough_Rock
msop04, I TOTALLY SHOULD. :bigsmile: #notmuchshameeither

Niel|1462130138|4025887 said:

Thank you! :bigsmile:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haine said:
msop04, I TOTALLY SHOULD. :bigsmile: #notmuchshameeither
:

[emoji1360][emoji322]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results