shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom made dance shoes for the wedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
After hearing several reccomendations for wearing ballroom dance shoes, I thought I would look into it. I am, afterall, having a swing band at the wedding! Plus, I have terrible feet and need something uber-comfortable if I am going to be wearing them for 8-10 hours!

I went to WorldTone dance shoes in NY, but despite the fact that they were very friendly and helpful, I didn''t find anything that would work. I kept looking online and I eventually found a place (seems to be web-exclusive) that makes custom dance shoes. They had a ton of options and I saw one shoe I really liked. But this was a few months ago, and when I went back, I couldn''t find it among their custom shoe selection on a new website. I emailed them, and let me just say, their customer service has so far been unbelievable. A man called me that night (Friday at 8:00 PM, mind you) and let me know that he was researching the shoe and would let me know about it as soon as possible. He called me back Monday and told me that not only had he found the manufacturer, but that the shoe would be posted on the website and available for purchase within a few hours. Wow! So I think I am going to order this shoe, but with a 2" cuban heel and a street sole. Problem is, I have to decide on the materials/colors. Feel like helping?

Here''s the shoe. I can get it in all one material/color or in two...

magic marlene.JPG

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a few of my material/color options. I really like the idea of having a blue shoe, but I am not sure if the ostrich or the lizard would be bridal-y enough. I could go with the white satin and try to get them dyed. What do you guys think? Solid color? Mix and Match?

shoe swatches copy.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I am not sure this is very helpful, but here is a photoshop mock-up of the blue ostrich with the silver leather...Too much?

blue and silver marlene.jpg

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
That''s a fantastic idea. I love it. I also love the idea of a swing band at your wedding. I think live music is the best for dancing. Any one of those combos would look good. How about the silver and white? But if you regularly swing dance which of these could you wear again? If there''s a chance you''d dance in these again you could get them in white satin and have them dyed black after the wedding.

What are your accent colors?

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Swingirl! I am really excited about having the band!

I don''t get to dance that often anymore, because FI isn''t a huge fan (though he has said he will take lessons for the wedding!), but since I can get them with a street sole, I''d like to be able to wear them other places later on. My colors are navy and white, with lighter shades of blue, so I thought light blue would be perfect. I was thinking maybe blue and white, but I am worried that the will not be as "wearable" post wedding. I guess you are right about having the satin ones dyed black after the wedding...Hmmm...something else to think about!

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
I really like the blue and it would definitely be a pair of shoes you could wear again.
1.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
love that you found custom dance shoes! and in white satin?! that''s EXACTLY what i was looking for back in september...
but for you... yeh, the lizzard in blue would be cute. i''m inclined to say go all blue, but i''m not sure of the color of your dress and such... isn''t it an off white color?

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Liquidazzi: Thanks, that''s what I was hoping!

Jcrow: Yeah, I am leaning towards all blue just so it doesn''t get too busy. And to be honest, I am not sure exactly what color my dress is (I haven''t seen it in a while and I don''t know what color is going to go underneath...), but it is not a stark white, so I am leary of the white satin.

I think a leather might hold up a little better for future use, but do you think it is appropriate for a wedding shoe? I wish they had a plain blue leather, but the only have light blue in the "exotics." I was leaning towards the ostrich because I like the shade better (softer?), but I don''t think I want so much texture...

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe a hint of blue under your dress would tie in with the colour scheme? I''ve seen underskirts dyed a pale colour and it looks fantastic as you swing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results