shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion reassurance

Joolz

Rough_Rock
I already bought this cushion in July, but it is still at GOG as I will not be setting it for at least a few months. As such, I am constantly second guessing my decision. I originally intended on a larger stone but this stone has a great spread and I love the facet pattern and the outline. Should I worry about 47.8% table? I have seen it in person but was so blown away by how beautiful it was, but not having it now I am trying to remember if I noticed the table being smaller.

It comes with the full upgrade and I keep second guessing myself. Can I get your thoughts?

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8187

As for the setting, I think I am going to have Victor Canera set it, a split shank similar to this but no halo. http://www.victorcanera.com/jewelry/engagement-rings/the-anne-marie-split-shank-halo.html

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ok WOW that is a beautiful stone!!!!! and I think it will look spectacular in the victor canera setting. I don't see anything to worry about except that you will make all of PS extremely jealous!!!

seriously, it looks great. please post pictures of the ring when you get it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks beautiful!. I prefer smaller tables so you dont get that big flash of glare sometimes. Did GOG make
a video for you? That might help you.

EDIT - btw, I think it will look stunning in a split-shank!

Joolz

Rough_Rock
Thanks, to be honest I am pretty indecisive and frequently 2nd guess myself, it is good to get feedback!

It is interesting, I think the table looks smaller in the video than it did in real life? http://www.vimeo.com/25770713

LittleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
I think this cushion looks spectacular. It totally holds its own when pitted against the AVC in the video. I think you made a wonderful decision by pulling the trigger on this guy!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore smaller tables on cushions. I'm not an AVC fan generally, but yours is stunning.

Eskiez

Shiny_Rock
I actually like your cushion more than the AVC. I think it has a lot more character and you made an EXCELLENT choice that you should be very confident in!! :appl: I can't wait to see it set!

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
That is one gorgeous diamond...you made the right decision, in my opinion. Can't wait to see the finished product!!!!

Joolz

Rough_Rock
Yeah! :appl: It is so great to have feedback. Everyone here is so helpful and I feel like I have learned so much about diamonds!

I may have to come back and solicit opinions for the setting. My husband simply can't do it anymore but I really appreciate input and have seen such equisite setting here!

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
It's a gorgeous stone!
I understand the second guessing, when you buy a stone and don't have it on hand for months and then have to get it set on top of that wait...mean time you're on here and elsewhere looking and scrutinizing 100's of other diamonds and settings, it's easy to second guess if you picked right. I went through the same thing, I feel you.
It's a stunner of a stone, you picked great and you won't find reason to second guess Victor, he's phenomenal to work with.
Can't wait to see the final result!

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a beautiful cushion. I love the AVC's on GOG, but I honestly think your cushion really bested the AVC in that video. Its got great character, excellent distribution of contrast and its a fireball! Excellent choice, dont second guess yourself.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results