shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Cut Earrings

CushionCurious

Rough_Rock
I would like to know if the cushion cut diamond earrings I am considering buying are good quality.
Carat:
0.76 & 0.77
Measurements are;
5.61x5.35-mm
5.66x5.40-mm
Both are F-color and VS1 Clarity and both are 8 main pavilion faceted Cushion Brilliants and NOT modified
Both have 60% table and 58% depth with excellent crown angles and both have Excellent Polish and Excellent Symmetry**
Both have soft pillow-y corners and same ratio and in my humble opinion a Top Contender currently
Priced at $ 6388.00

Thanks for any help!

_5838.jpeg

_5836.jpeg

_5837.jpeg

_5839.jpeg

CushionCurious

Rough_Rock
Whoops, FYI the depth is a type. The depth is 68 not 58

CushionCurious

Rough_Rock
Darn, I was hoping for a few replies as I have to make a decision very soon. I am a bit concerned about the bow tie ...but not sure as I have read so much about cushion cut diamonds that I am becoming very confused!

CushionCurious

Rough_Rock
The "top contender' stuff was copied from the email that I received, not my opinion!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
THere's no appreciable bowtie.

They are well matched. But all that green means that compared to stones that are cut for performance they are going to look small. They are above average. But not top in terms of performance.

AND (wince) when set those stones are going to look ROUND.

So honestly, you'd be better off with rounds.

BUT if you WANT cushions. Let me see if I can find anything (it's a long shot, but I'll try).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

CushionCurious

Rough_Rock
Thanks Gypsy ... I really appreciate the response. I am travelling and had to make a decision about picking these stones up ... Would like to talk more when I get back home after the 20th!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How gorgeous! Yes, you can definitely get better performers, but you have to ask yourself how good is good enough?

I have cushion cut studs and I bezel set mine, so a little leakage at the sides doesn't make the stone look smaller, as the metal defines the parameter of the diamonds. I'll also get jackets for mine at some point.

Mine are smaller than yours - .61 and .62 - and almost perfectly square. But you can definitely tell they're cushions - even on the ear. And don't think that a little rotation won't be obvious; it is! You'll need to keep them straight - unless you don't mind your earrings looking like they're at a jaunty angle!

I'm attaching a photo of mine so you'll see what I mean re the bezel defining the edges; both stones are E color and SI clarity.

img_12707.jpg

img_12708.jpg

img_12709.jpg

CushionCurious

Rough_Rock
I have been travelling so I apologize for the tardy reply. Your earrings are beautiful. I really don't think that I understand diamonds at all! So am not sure that I have any business buying them. I thought all the red meant that they would be very sparkly. I also thought that the green was ... I am an an airport waiting for a flight and I'm tired ... But isn't green fire? I was assured by a reputable jeweller that these were top performers. I now think that I actually have no idea what a top performer would look like! I love the look of the cushion cut diamonds but the fact that you can't apply a formula is more than a bit daunting. I really want exceptional diamonds as I think this is probably it for my diamond purchases! I have read quite a bit online but think I know just enough to know that I know nothing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results