shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion cut diamond with micro pave setting

Melz1

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I've been learning so much from this website for the last couple of months, so I decided I'd finally join in. My boyfriend and I are currently searching for a cushion cut diamond engagement ring with a micro pave setting. I believe we have found a .91 c cushion cut, E, VS1 diamond on James Allen, we're just waiting on ASET images to help us decide if it's the one. Here's the link to the diamond: http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/E-VS1-Ideal-Cut-Cushion-Diamond-1280199.asp

I am really in love with the Tiffany Novo ring, but it's way out of our price range, so we're trying to find a setting that is similar to the Novo. I really like the Jaclyn and the Jeanelle settings from Engagement Rings Direct and I was wondering if anyone has either of these settings. If so, can anyone share the photos? I'd also appreciate it if anyone could share their opinion on which setting is closer to the Novo. Here are the links to the settings: http://www.engagementringsdirect.com/DiamondJewelryDetails.aspx?ID=121&Type=Jewels
http://www.engagementringsdirect.com/DiamondJewelryDetails.aspx?ID=109

Thanks in advance for any advice and pictures that you can share. We're very new to this and we had no idea how complicated it would be! I feel like we're getting there though. :twirl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
If you really like the look of the novo than I would def consider a square hearts and arrow diamond from good old gold if its in your price range. IMO its a gorgeous cushion just as pretty if not a shade or two nicer than the novo :)

Melz1

Rough_Rock
Hey there, thanks for the replies! The JA setting that you posted is gorgeous, but unfortunately it can only be set with a round brilliant diamond. It would be great to get the diamond and the setting from the same place but I can't seem to find a JA micro pave setting that I really like and so far I've found the best diamond prices on JA. I'll definitely request the ASET image for the diamond you suggested, it looks really nice!

I LOVE the H&A cushions, but they are out of our price range. We're looking to spend about $5,500 for the complete ring (about $4,000 for the diamond and $1,500 for the setting). I'm thinking I might contact ERD to see if they have a cushion in about .90 to 1c in our price range.

Thanks again for the suggestions!

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
The setting slg47 posted can be set with a cushion. Here is another cushion if you want JA to look at three

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/G-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Cushion-Diamond-1363640.asp

And here is that setting with a cushion

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/sold/settings-with-sidestones/3178/Engagement-Rings-With-Side-Stones.html

Here is another setting I think looks great with a cushion

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones/2-2mm-0-54ctw-Common-Prong-Ring.html

Here it is set with a 1 carat

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/sold/settings-with-sidestones/1169/Engagement-Ring-Side-Stones.html

I would try to have jA look at three cushions for you so you know you are getting the best :twirl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Melz|1309071148|2955283 said:
Hey there, thanks for the replies! The JA setting that you posted is gorgeous, but unfortunately it can only be set with a round brilliant diamond. It would be great to get the diamond and the setting from the same place but I can't seem to find a JA micro pave setting that I really like and so far I've found the best diamond prices on JA. I'll definitely request the ASET image for the diamond you suggested, it looks really nice!

I LOVE the H&A cushions, but they are out of our price range. We're looking to spend about $5,500 for the complete ring (about $4,000 for the diamond and $1,500 for the setting). I'm thinking I might contact ERD to see if they have a cushion in about .90 to 1c in our price range.

Thanks again for the suggestions!

I would definitely ask about getting it set for a cushion, it might be an additional fee but the fee could very well be less than shipping/setting fees that you would incur getting it set elsewhere.

Melz1

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of your great :D suggestions farmer gal! I'm happy to hear that the setting that slg47 posted can be set with a cushion. That is the one that I really liked from the beginning, but a JA rep told me that it could only accommodate round brilliant diamonds. She must have been mistaken. I would prefer to get the ring set with JA since I'm pretty sure I'll be purchasing the diamond from them. The cushion you posted looks really nice too. I'll request the ASET for that one also.

I've never seen the x factor diamond before. It is really unique and beautiful. I think I have my heart set on a cushion though.

Does anyone know if there are any discount codes for JA available? I know about the pricescope discount, but I read somewhere on here that you can usually get a 10% discount with a promotional code.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Melz|1309103913|2955427 said:
Thanks for all of your great :D suggestions farmer gal! I'm happy to hear that the setting that slg47 posted can be set with a cushion. That is the one that I really liked from the beginning, but a JA rep told me that it could only accommodate round brilliant diamonds. She must have been mistaken. I would prefer to get the ring set with JA since I'm pretty sure I'll be purchasing the diamond from them. The cushion you posted looks really nice too. I'll request the ASET for that one also.

I've never seen the x factor diamond before. It is really unique and beautiful. I think I have my heart set on a cushion though.

Does anyone know if there are any discount codes for JA available? I know about the pricescope discount, but I read somewhere on here that you can usually get a 10% discount with a promotional code.

the website does say it can only be set with a round so I would inquire about a modification.

as far as promotional codes...I am not sure but maybe google it? that seems unlikely though.

Melz1

Rough_Rock
I chatted with a JA rep this afternoon and she told me that the setting could accommodate a cushion but there will be an extra charge. She's going to get back to me to let me know how much more it will cost. As for the discount, I've had no luck. There a lot of promotional codes that you can google, but I haven't found any that actually work.

Melz1

Rough_Rock
So we've finally decided on a diamond! I would like to thank Farmergal for suggesting diamond # 1363640 on the JA website. We requested the ASET image and were very pleased with it, so we ended up ordering it today! I can't wait to see what it looks like in person! We ordered the diamond loose and it looks like we'll be getting a custom pave setting from Engagement Rings Direct. I have been in contact with an ERD representative and it looks like they'll be able to make me exactly what I'm looking for in our price range. I have attached an image as an example of what the setting will hopefully look like. Exciting things to come! Thanks again everyone for all of your suggestions and comments. :)

New Image.JPG

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
How exciting :). Can't wait to see it!

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
Can't wait to see the final product, you will have to come back with pictures! :appl:

Melz1

Rough_Rock
I will be sure to post some pictures when it's all done!

Melz1

Rough_Rock
I received my loose diamond yesterday, so I thought I'd post a few pictures before I send it out to ERD to be set. It's in a tension setting for now, so please try to ignore the ugly chunky prongs. I'm so happy with it! It's really more than I was even expecting! :appl: And James Allen was great to work with! I'll put pictures up when the ring is in it's micropave setting in a few weeks. I absolutely can't wait to see the final product.

IMG_6698.JPG

IMG_6705.JPG

IMG_6723.JPG

IMG_6783.JPG

slg47

Ideal_Rock
it looks really nice! love the 'handshot' :) please come back with pictures of the finished ring!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can't wait to see the completed ring. The diamond looks beautiful.

Melz1

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I will be sure to post some pictures of the completed ring! :twirl:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty and it looks much bigger than a .91 can't wait to see it set in it's new home! Congrats!

Melz1

Rough_Rock
Thanks Christina! I actually ended up getting the 1.01 G VS2 cushion that farmergal recommended, so that's probably why it looks bigger. I sent the diamond to ERD today, so it should be complete within 2 weeks. Yay!

Melz1

Rough_Rock
So my ring is finally done! ERD sent me 2 photos of the finished product and I am SO happy with how it turned out!! I am so thankful that I found this website because I would have been so confused if I hadn't! I truly appreciate how helpful you all have been. :love:

I just tried to attach the images but it isn't working for some reason. I'll try again later. :???:

Melz1

Rough_Rock
Finally the finished product! I'm in love with how it turned out! Thanks for all the help Pricescopers! :appl:

IMG_1188.JPG

IMG_1212.JPG

IMG_1217.JPG

IMG_1223.JPG

slg47

Ideal_Rock
beautiful!! it turned out great :) congratulations!

JackieO77

Rough_Rock
Melz, your ring is gorgeous! Do you know the style number or specifics of your band? BF has already purchased a cushion diamond but I am having the hardest time deciding on a band. We ordered the JA 1.7mm french cut pave band, but I think it may be too thin. I like thin bands, but I worry that the JA one he purchased won't sparkle as much because of how small the diamonds are. Anyway, your ring looks perfect and I would love to know what the width is and style number. Thanks!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Jackie,

They are very nice at ERD (especially Chris!). I would just shoot them an e-mail with a link to this page as a reference. I found Chris quite responsive by e-mail.

That ring really is quite smashing! :love:

Melz1

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the nice compliments!! :D

Jackie,

The setting is from Engagement Rings Direct. I basically did some research about the different types of pave and decided I liked the fishtail style the best. I then contacted ERD by email (I dealt with Chris) and told them what I wanted. The band is 2.1mm wide and it has 16 micropave diamonds, 8 on each side. The appraisal from ERD has the following explanation of the setting: 4 prong engagement ring with 16 brilliant rounds of F/color VS/clarity micro-pave set equaling 1/4 carat total weight. Chris was very easy to deal with and very responsive. I highly recommend ERD! I hope this helps!

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
it is really beautiful - looks great on your hand!

JackieO77

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the information. We have decided to return the 1.5mm band since it was too thin and will be ordering this band from JA which looks quite similar to your ring Melz. The new band will be between 2.0 and 2.4 depending on ring size. I wear a 4.5 so I think it will be around 2.1. Thanks again for all of the help!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results