shape
carat
color
clarity

Curved-to-Fit Wedding Bands - wear them alone?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
The Bulgari ring we''re having a look at is a weird shape and requires the matching, curved band to fit the curve of the setting.

For those of you with bands that are meant to slide upside your e-ring, what do you do when you only wear your w-band? Do you have a separate band for those occasions?

I''ll attach a pic so you see what I mean...

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, I''ve wondered this myself many times! The only idea I have is maybe spinning the band around so the curve faces your palm. That''s just my imagination working, though - I can''t say I''ve tried it. Anyone here with real experience who can chime in?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
my best friend has a curved wedding band. she wears a seperate very thin eternity band when she''s not wearing her wedding set.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 11:03:16 PM
Author: mrssalvo
my best friend has a curved wedding band. she wears a seperate very thin eternity band when she''s not wearing her wedding set.
Great idea...and also a way to convince hubby to get another ring LOL!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
My wedding band is curved and I wear it alone all the time. I think its fun and funky. My mother has a diamond and sapphire band that has a funky curve to (like a stretched out sideways S), so maybe that where I lost my sensitivity to the curve? Here are the few pics I have... I need to take some that arent so close up so you can get a better idea of how it looks.

njc_set.jpg

band_alone.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like how curved bands look alone. A lot of them just seem unique, not like they''re ''missing'' a companion or anything. However, getting a stand alone eternity band would also be a nice present!!! But I could see wearing a curved band alone. A cut out band or notched band...not so much.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! Great suggestions. I might just get a plain gold band to have on hand for hiking, gardening, travel in less-than-safe corners of the world...

But an eternity band would be great too!
31.gif

KindredSpirit717

Rough_Rock
I have a curved wedding band, and I regret getting it that way. It just looks too weird to me to wear it alone. I do have a plain band that I wear alone, but sometimes it bothers me since it''s not the ring I said my vows with. Each person is different though!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are my rings. They look rather wide in the picture but trust me, they''re SO delicate (2.5-2.8 mm). My wedding band does have a slight curve to it, which is something I never thought I wanted. When I got it and tried it on though, I discovered I love it so much. I could wear the band on its own and it won''t look funny. That was something I was really worried about.

zoe66.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results