shape
carat
color
clarity

Curious: Is Shane Co telling?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dominicr

Rough_Rock
Anyone out there have direct experience? Is Shane Co. telling potential buyers that they are in Chapter 11?

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
In the lower right corner of their web site there is a link for "Chapter 11 Reorganization update" so I''d say yes...

Personally I hope they pull through, I grew up listening to Tom Shane''s ads on the radio (San Francisco Bay Are) and somehow I''ve always found them to be soothing in comparison to the dribble put out by most jewelry chain stores. You know the ads I really miss? (sarcasm) The ones by "The Diamond Man" out of the bay area, uh, can''t remember his name... or the name of the store... (so the ads were obviously effective) but the ads were absurd and the jingle still haunts me because it was a rip off some song "I''m the diamond man, na, na, na, na, na..." - I remember one where the guy (who looked kind of like Ron Jeremy) was being held horizontally by 4 - 6 women dancing to "his song" while he was yelling "no credit, bad credit, no problem!" sometimes I wonder whether the guy would still advertise like that today
23.gif
I had a vendor who told me that he used to sell to "that guy" way back in the day and that his "down payment" covered cost and the mark-up was well beyond industry standard and all of the payments received beyond that were pure profit.

dominicr

Rough_Rock
It is not apparent on the home page of the website. Its the last link on the customer service page. What about people that are in-store about to make a purchase? Are they saying "by the way sir, we''re in Chapter 11, just thought you should know before you plop down $5K"

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/6/2009 2:12:26 PM
Author: Todd Gray
In the lower right corner of their web site there is a link for ''Chapter 11 Reorganization update'' so I''d say yes...

Personally I hope they pull through, I grew up listening to Tom Shane''s ads on the radio (San Francisco Bay Are) and somehow I''ve always found them to be soothing in comparison to the dribble put out by most jewelry chain stores. You know the ads I really miss? (sarcasm) The ones by ''The Diamond Man'' out of the bay area, uh, can''t remember his name... or the name of the store... (so the ads were obviously effective) but the ads were absurd and the jingle still haunts me because it was a rip off some song ''I''m the diamond man, na, na, na, na, na...'' - I remember one where the guy (who looked kind of like Ron Jeremy) was being held horizontally by 4 - 6 women dancing to ''his song'' while he was yelling ''no credit, bad credit, no problem!'' sometimes I wonder whether the guy would still advertise like that today
23.gif
I had a vendor who told me that he used to sell to ''that guy'' way back in the day and that his ''down payment'' covered cost and the mark-up was well beyond industry standard and all of the payments received beyond that were pure profit.
This sounds weird no?
33.gif

"....As you may know, on January 12, 2009, Shane Co. voluntarily filed a petition for reorganization under Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code. I want to assure you that Shane Co. remains open for business without interruption, and that for you, our customers, it is business as usual:
There is no change to our Free Lifetime Warranty, Trade-in policy, Upgrade policy, or any of our other top-notch customer benefits.

Any purchase you make today and in the future is covered by our 60-day Refund & Exchange Guarantee. Unfortunately, the court handling our reorganization will not allow us to issue refunds on purchases made prior to January 12, 2009. However, you may, if you wish, receive a store credit for the full amount of any purchases made from November 13, 2008 to January 11, 2009. I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

Whether you shop at one of our stores or at ShaneCo.com, you will still get our famously low direct diamond importer prices, and the best selection of loose diamonds, and bridal and fashion jewelry anywhere.

Shane Co. will continue to buy loose diamonds directly from the diamond cutters around the world, wherever they may be, hand-selecting only those stones that meet our uncompromising standards for quality and value. ...."

dominicr

Rough_Rock
It''s called, let''s make sales for Xmas and make legal moves to prevent returns/refunds so we can keep as much money as possible.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
23.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
In the lower right corner of their web site there is a link for 'Chapter 11 Reorganization update' so I'd say yes...

Personally I hope they pull through, I grew up listening to Tom Shane's ads on the radio (San Francisco Bay Are) and somehow I've always found them to be soothing in comparison to the dribble put out by most jewelry chain stores. You know the ads I really miss? (sarcasm) The ones by 'The Diamond Man' out of the bay area, uh, can't remember his name... or the name of the store... (so the ads were obviously effective) but the ads were absurd and the jingle still haunts me because it was a rip off some song 'I'm the diamond man, na, na, na, na, na...' - I remember one where the guy (who looked kind of like Ron Jeremy) was being held horizontally by 4 - 6 women dancing to 'his song' while he was yelling 'no credit, bad credit, no problem!' sometimes I wonder whether the guy would still advertise like that today
23.gif
I had a vendor who told me that he used to sell to 'that guy' way back in the day and that his 'down payment' covered cost and the mark-up was well beyond industry standard and all of the payments received beyond that were pure profit.
Paul from Da Diamond Center.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_Tu...p://i2.ytimg.com/vi/Y_TuXMn0ks8/hqdefault.jpg

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
In the lower right corner of their web site there is a link for 'Chapter 11 Reorganization update' so I'd say yes...

Personally I hope they pull through, I grew up listening to Tom Shane's ads on the radio (San Francisco Bay Are) and somehow I've always found them to be soothing in comparison to the dribble put out by most jewelry chain stores. You know the ads I really miss? (sarcasm) The ones by 'The Diamond Man' out of the bay area, uh, can't remember his name... or the name of the store... (so the ads were obviously effective) but the ads were absurd and the jingle still haunts me because it was a rip off some song 'I'm the diamond man, na, na, na, na, na...' - I remember one where the guy (who looked kind of like Ron Jeremy) was being held horizontally by 4 - 6 women dancing to 'his song' while he was yelling 'no credit, bad credit, no problem!' sometimes I wonder whether the guy would still advertise like that today
23.gif
I had a vendor who told me that he used to sell to 'that guy' way back in the day and that his 'down payment' covered cost and the mark-up was well beyond industry standard and all of the payments received beyond that were pure profit.
6.gif
Am I the only other person who knows who Ron Jeremy is/was??? ***turns beet red***
(Sorry for the threadjack)

Kat

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2009 9:29:53 AM
Author:dominicr
Anyone out there have direct experience? Is Shane Co. telling potential buyers that they are in Chapter 11?
I bought a few things there last month - nothing was mentioned and it was business as usual.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the lower right corner of their web site there is a link for ''Chapter 11 Reorganization update'' so I''d say yes...

Personally I hope they pull through, I grew up listening to Tom Shane''s ads on the radio (San Francisco Bay Are) and somehow I''ve always found them to be soothing in comparison to the dribble put out by most jewelry chain stores. You know the ads I really miss? (sarcasm) The ones by ''The Diamond Man'' out of the bay area, uh, can''t remember his name... or the name of the store... (so the ads were obviously effective) but the ads were absurd and the jingle still haunts me because it was a rip off some song ''I''m the diamond man, na, na, na, na, na...'' - I remember one where the guy (who looked kind of like Ron Jeremy) was being held horizontally by 4 - 6 women dancing to ''his song'' while he was yelling ''no credit, bad credit, no problem!'' sometimes I wonder whether the guy would still advertise like that today
23.gif
I had a vendor who told me that he used to sell to ''that guy'' way back in the day and that his ''down payment'' covered cost and the mark-up was well beyond industry standard and all of the payments received beyond that were pure profit.
That was "Paul from the Diamond Center!" The song was a rip off of "Soul Man!!"

Now I''m feeling slightly haunted. I thought he was erased from my memory forever!
9.gif

Shaneco''s commercials are still running. I heard one two days ago.

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 10:40:48 PM
Author: got2goldens

23.gif
6.gif
Am I the only other person who knows who Ron Jeremy is/was??? ***turns beet red***

Kat

This was too funny that I had to respond.
You aren''t the only one that recalls who Ron Jeremy is, unfortunately...ROFLMAO!

Kroshka

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 10:40:48 PM
Author: got2goldens

23.gif
6.gif

Kat

Nope. I know who he is, and the his very image in my mind is disturbing!!
14.gif

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
Kroshka and Tuckins,
I totally agree...
And, so much for dinner tonight...ugh
14.gif

Kat (still beet red)

phildominator

Rough_Rock
I went to Shane a month ago...they mentioned squat.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results