shape
carat
color
clarity

Cure for "shrinkage"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asblackrock

Shiny_Rock
I caught a glimpse of my ring in a full length mirror from about 1.5m (4 feet away). It looked about twice the size it does when I look at it on my hand.
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

I did a double take and started experimenting (LOL!)
Best effect was at about 4 feet. Lighting was only fluoresent, so it was not blazing like it does under halogen light, but it seemed huge. Good job no one else was around as I must have looked downright silly with a big grin on my face!

Anyone else noticed this? Experiment and let me know.

It might be a cure for shrinkage.
9.gif

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Why do you think I like to play with my jewelry in the bathroom?
9.gif
Not only is the lighting in my bathroom awesome for diamonds, but I have a huge plateglass mirror that goes from the sink all the way to the ceiling. The reflection of my jewelry is BLINDING in that mirror, and YES...my diamonds look heaps bigger in the reflection for some reason.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Yup! I''ve noticed this too! The best is when I''m shopping for clothes at the mall. I''ll be changing in front of the big mirrors and my rings go wild, they look so sparkly and huge!! This makes me so happy and puts me in such a good mood that I usually buy more clothes!!
11.gif
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my gosh this is so true. if i am walking by my mirror in the bedroom and i see my hand hanging down, sometimes i am like..WOW is that my stone? it looks so big!
31.gif

asblackrock

Shiny_Rock
Suzi, Irish eyes and Mara, I am glad I am not the only one - I thought I was becoming delusional in my old age!

I have had the day off today and of course when I went shopping, I couldn''t keep my eyes off any mirrors! I am suddenly going to develop a reputation of being very vain if this continues.

I don''t know why I have not noticed this before - I have had my ring about 6 months now. May be because if I am in a bathroom, particularly one with halogen lights, all I ever look at is the ring!

Anyway, it is weird effect - when I look down at my ring it looks much smaller than it does in the mirror, despite the much closer viewing distance. Great phenomena.

Those that haven''t noticed this effect, go and enjoy it.
17.gif

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Not only do the mirrors in clothing stores make your diamonds look bigger, somehow those mirrors make you look a lot taller and more slender in the clothes! I swear! That also leads to buying more clothes. Somehow, though, my mirrors at home do NOT have the amazing affect of making me look like a super model.
What kind of magic mirrors are those, anyway?

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Magic mirrors! :)

I always thought at some point one kinda stops getting the giggles when they have had their engagement ring for a while.

STILL we all seem to notice our rings in every situation. I have seen it in the mirror, like you guys - blazing beauty it is!

And... how about your side mirror while driving? Geesh, I''ve noticed that while sitting in the LA traffic. (Nothing like a sunny day and a rear view miror to see that puppy shine!)

But, it''s amazing how the thrill of my ring has yet to wear off.

Hopefully, only one more week until I get it back in it''s new setting!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I like to hold my hand on top of my steering wheel...then I can see the sunlight hitting my rings through the window and the "rainbows" light up my car!! That always puts a big smile on my face!!
9.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Don't you love going into stores and restaurants that have that wonderful recessed lighting that makes all the colored sparks fly out of your diamond? Admiring your stone in good lighting is also a cure for shrinkage when you see how good it looks.

s95

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/5/2005 11:36:17 AM
Author: sjz
Not only do the mirrors in clothing stores make your diamonds look bigger, somehow those mirrors make you look a lot taller and more slender in the clothes! I swear! That also leads to buying more clothes. Somehow, though, my mirrors at home do NOT have the amazing affect of making me look like a super model.
I notice these mirrors in the Gap and Ann Taylor. Darn those people. I know that they order these magic mirrors from a special place. I''ll try something on at the Gap and go, "maybe I''m pretty cute and slim after all," and then when I get home in front of my own mirror, it''s back to reality....Or maybe the magic mirrors are what is real????
2.gif

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2005 12:44:20 AM
Author: s95

Date: 7/5/2005 11:36:17 AM
Author: sjz
I notice these mirrors in the Gap and Ann Taylor. Darn those people. I know that they order these magic mirrors from a special place. I''ll try something on at the Gap and go, ''maybe I''m pretty cute and slim after all,'' and then when I get home in front of my own mirror, it''s back to reality....Or maybe the magic mirrors are what is real????
2.gif
oh!! you are so funny!!!!
2.gif

but I also noticed the magic mirrors .

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so glad i wasn''t the only one!! u know i noticed my ring sparkles like crazy and look enormous in the elevator believe it or not! i can see all the colours sparkle like water..amazing ;-) im so happy when im in the elevator alone! i keep looking at my finger from all angles..man do i hope there are no cameras in there!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results